• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

"The Last" Soltek HID Light Thread!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just two more questions
On my bill from Baja Designs

It says I got sent a feeler gauge for $3.95 . What does it look like ?

What is it used for?

Ya know, I think our order screwups serve as an example of what happens when temporary labor is hired to pull components for shipping.

I don't know what to tell you about the feeler gauge. :blink: That's a new one. Anyone else out there get charged for a feeler gauge?

I'm in St Louis. My box arrived yesterday so I'm not so what is or isn't in it. I'll be home in a few weeks and look it over.

Mike

Was on vacation and got the lights when I got back Yesterday.

Missing one light guard and they nscrewed up the extra wiring harness.

BD will send the correct wire harness and Skyway will send the light guard.

Also need the brackets from Skyway.

Hopefully he will send brackets and guards together to save him some shipping.

Joe

I have been informed that there has been a 'eff up in regards to the rock guards. Apparently everyone who ordered 1 pair actually recieved only 1. The balance are on the way to me and when I get them I'll turn them around to all who ordered them. :(
I have also been informed that those who ordered the additional wide cornering lens' have not recieved the ring to go with the lens. I have been told BY BD that the price only included the lens and not an additional ring. I'm not sure why I was requested to add the option of a ring color if the ring wasn't being supplied. :(

Also, I DO NOT KNOW WHY the IBR guys didn't get thier lights BEFORE the others in this GB, despite repeated requests from me. :(

Except for the rock guard debacle, if anyone else has recieved an order that's incorrect, please contact me and I'll straighten it out. :(

GB's :(
Any ETA on the brackets?

"Any ETA on the brackets?"
+1
no brackets here, either...

i've sent ian 2 emails with no response...

on his website, my order does not even appear, even tho i have the lights here and my credit card was charged...

i called the phone on his website, and got no return call...

if you go riding with him this weekend, ask him: WTF?

:blink: :blink:

"Any ETA on the brackets?"
+1
no brackets here, either...

i've sent ian 2 emails with no response...

on his website, my order does not even appear, even tho i have the lights here and my credit card was charged...

i called the phone on his website, and got no return call...

if you go riding with him this weekend, ask him: WTF?

:blink: :blink:

8/28 E-Mail from Ian:

I’m about ready to begin shipping on the light brackets. ...

I’m just buried trying to beat back everything that’s getting thrown at me. It’s brutal !!

I have not received my Soltek's either. Have any of you guys chatted with Ian lately to get a status update? Just curious. Trying to be as patient as I can be without pestering Ian.

Have any of you guys chatted with Ian lately to get a status update?
Yep. See this post.

Last I heard, he's not shipping any more until they get the "taking on water" issue sorted out.
I haven't received mine either. I kind of figured he was delaying shipment until "water issue" is fixed. I, for one, appreciate that as It saves me the cost/headache of dealing with it myself. :yahoo:

LC

I have my lights, but can't tell if I have a water problem

because I don't have the brackets to mount them.

I wonder what is holding up the brackets?

I have my lights, but can't tell if I have a water problembecause I don't have the brackets to mount them.

Ian came up to my house last night (200 mile roundtrip) to do a final fit check on the generation II brackets. The generation I brackets have been machined and are being welded together. My understanding is , after last night's fit check for '06 & up models (which went well, no adjustment to bracket needed), he will be machining today. Then they will be welded and sent out to powdercoating. Ian is using a fellow up in Oregon for powdercoating who first acid washes the brackets (for better adhesion) and then powder coats. the brackets are top notch and much more refined than the prototypes he had on his bike. I have been waiting for brackets since I paid in July........all I can say is that the brackets are rounding third base and headed for home. You will not be dissapointed. The work is first class as usual and with a little more patience, we all will have our brackets soon. I know he is making this a priority. Hope this helps all who are wondering........I was too!

I have my lights, but can't tell if I have a water problembecause I don't have the brackets to mount them.

little more patience, we all will have our brackets soon. I know he is making this a priority. Hope this helps all who are wondering........I was too!
thanks for the update

:unsure:

I hope the delay is for them to fix the "leaking" problem.
It is. You don't need brackets if you don't have lights, and you don't need defective lights, so Ian's waiting for Baja to get the lights right so he doesn't have to do it twice. Group buys are enough hassle with properly-functioning equipment. He probably still wakes up in a cold sweat from time to time over this deal.

Baja finally got my UPS call tag to me, so tomorrow I can send my leaky lights back, and hopefully we'll get this crap sorted out and all have all our stuff before the end of Daylight Savings Time.

Try to focus on the $223.00 discount from retail, it works for me....

So all who have the lights and are waiting for mounting brackets should be focusing on sending their lights back to have problem solved ? Sounds like they should be since they are making changes on the ones that haven't been shipped yet ? Where's Ian on this ? Should we just hold our breath & hope ours are O.K. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
So all who have the lights and are waiting for mounting brackets should be focusing on sending their lights back to have problem solved ? Sounds like they should be since they are making changes on the ones that haven't been shipped yet ?
Well, as the lucky participant who was accidentally shipped a second set, I'm just gonna wait & see what develops, before sending in some functioning lights. They might come up with a user-serviceable fix that we can handle without sending them back.

Like I said before, Ian's waiting to ship more lights until the problem is solved, as they're drop-shipped from Baja. The brackets will be coming separately, from Skyway, as soon as they're ready and back from the powder-coater.

I hate to represent him in absentia, but I've spoken to him on the issue, and I know how busy he is lately.