The "Official" Post NAFO thread.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRGuy

FJR Rally Addict! :D
Reaction score
Just sitting on the patio under clear blue skies reflecting on what was the best NAFO I've ever organized. ;-)

While not as anticipated as FastJoyRide's CFR-09, or as organized as BUGr's CFR 2010, or as seafoodish as MEM's CFR 2011, I think it still went well. I am, never the less, glad it's over.

I'd like to thank again all the peeps who helped out before, during and after the Rally. I'd even like to thank whoever helped clean up after the banquet by taking down the NAFO banner in the hallway! (you owe $15 to the Red Ctoss. :p

So what are we organizing next? :unsure:
As Jeff announced at the banquet. NAFO (or will it be CFR?) 2013 in Ontario - somewhere east of here. :p

Al.
https://www.huntsville.ca/en/Visiting.asp Huntsville: Seth, Donna and Chuy already have our room reserved! https://classic.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Chandler&1s=AZ&1y=US&1l=33.303379&1g=-111.840828&1v=CITY&2c=Huntsville&2s=ON&2y=CA&2l=45.326561&2g=-79.218002&2v=CITY 2,400 miles and 40 hours driving time from Zonieland Chandler, AZ to CFR Canuck Central; since there are three of us, we will need an Audi A4 Convertible. AUDI, the official preferred vehicle of choice for all NAFO / CFR Events!

audi-a4-cabriolet-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to be Huntsville again for CFR (same as 2007) and the RallyBastardMaster will be our own Yamafitter!

That's great news, Huntsville was a great riding area. I seem to recall a few twisites ;)

Canadian FJR
You could not go wrong with the 500 series roads...

...I believe I had fun following BugR around on that day. :)

I also followed huron52 around the following day to all his favorite private lakes, race tracks, and Big Chutes...

Going to be Huntsville again for CFR (same as 2007) and the RallyBastardMaster will be our own Yamafitter!

I remember some great freakin' roads around there with some great cottage scenery.

Twas fun riding around with you on that day back in '07 Dave. :clapping:
Lots of grat roads are in the offering no matter which direction you head out. I even have a 'special' section in mind for FredW to break him of his off-road habit with the FJR.

I've ridden enduros near Huntsville and know a few single track sections that cross over the top of some beaver dams that would make for some not lame video of Fred's FJR attempting the dog paddle.

Sounds like a good starting spot for Miss Daisy(assume she is well by then) and I to start the Bc west coast trip we missed out on this year :angry2:

maybe the rain will have stoped by then. :p

Sounds like a good starting spot for Miss Daisy(assume she is well by then) and I to start the Bc west coast trip we missed out on this year :angry2:

maybe the rain will have stoped by then. :p

Good idea...and definitely something to do for your Miss Daisy. However, plan on bringing your windshield wipers to BC. You know you have to pay something in return to be around all that beauty, right?

Huntsville huh.. my stomping grounds. We went exploring a bit down that way last weekend. Theirs some new finds that I'll submit for the rally masterbators approval.

Shawanaga Reserve road to Killbear provincial park. About 30km of perfect pavement laced with 70km/h sweepers. Great fun.

BrackenRig road, about 15km of twisty goodness near Port Carling.

As for Fred W. I say we make a special route just for that FJR with knobbies in it. I say start at the Nipissing Trail and tell him to make sure his Spot is on.