Wfo Here We Come

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heber Guy

Reaction score
Hey Guys the FJR and I are starting on our way to WFO from Arkansas via Wisconsin and a bunch of historical stops on the way to Washington. After WFO on August 12 the Alaska Ferry up the inside passage to Valdez, AK and see the Alaskan sights followed by a ride across Canada back to Heber Springs, Arkansas. I am looking forward to meeting many of you at WFO and on the road. It is nice to feel the anticipation for a ride like this that has been in your mind for so many years.

Maybe this could serve as a thread for all those going to WFO as they shove off to log in on departure and back in upon arrival home. Just a thought.

Keep it safe.

Al :D :D

Thats not fair...I thought my trip last weekend from mid missouri to Mt. View, Ak was the cats meow.. :dribble: Have a good time..

Maybe this could serve as a thread for all those going to WFO as they shove off to log in on departure and back in upon arrival home. Just a thought.
Well... there is a forum alrady devoted strictly to WFO, so.... off we go to that forum.....

And have fun, Heber.... perhaps I'll see you in Bellingham....

Yo Smitty141,

If you like to ride in this area check out the link below. Really good people to ride with and most of the riding is on the MO. AR. border.

AL

AR-Gap

WC,

Yes, it would be very nice to meet you also. It is like you and a lot of others have helped me work on my bike since I got it. It is loaded with group buy stuff you arranged and I thank you for that. Are we going to do a Dale Walker exhaust group buy? C'mon, just one more. I'm hooked.

Do you have any idea when the rides section of the WFO-4 site will be up.

I was hoping to print it off before I left home and ride them before WFO-4 and then just hang out and meet the folks at WFO itself.

Also, you bet I am going to have fun. Can't wait to see that Steep and Curvy Next 77 Miles sign at LOLO PASS!

Al

WC, does that mean you may be able to make it?
Chances are slim, truth be told.

That week is my 10-year wedding anniversay... my bride and I are going to exchange wedding vows again at a family reunion in Bend, Oregon; I may not even be back in the state until Saturday morning.

OTOH, it's only about a 350-mile ride from Tri-Cities to Bellingham.... maybe I can make the Farewll Dinner, I dunno....
shrug.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
WC,Yes, it would be very nice to meet you also. It is like you and a lot of others have helped me work on my bike since I got it. It is loaded with group buy stuff you arranged and I thank you for that. Are we going to do a Dale Walker exhaust group buy? C'mon, just one more. I'm hooked.

Do you have any idea when the rides section of the WFO-4 site will be up.

I was hoping to print it off before I left home and ride them before WFO-4 and then just hang out and meet the folks at WFO itself.

Also, you bet I am going to have fun. Can't wait to see that Steep and Curvy Next 77 Miles sign at LOLO PASS!

Al
Dale Walker won't do Group Buys, sadly enough.....

You'll have to email Sharp about his Rides section... or you can use the WFO-4 contact form to ask him:

WFO-4 Contact Us form

OTOH, there should be a lot of the PNW riders there, and if its anything like last year, there were plenty of "made-up" rides going with some of the locals leading. Just keep your ears open and ask if anyone is riding on whatever day you want to go.

Hopefully the planning group will get the "rides" section up and going----uhm Dan....oh Daaa-yaaan. Only 3 weeks to go to get the rides posted. :erm:

Heber, sounds like a great trip you've got planned there. Stay safe and take lots of pics for us bound to a desk.

Hmmmm! On my map it looks closer to Bow or Hoogdal (off ramp # 236). For reference, its easier to find Bellingham on the map. But what do I know, I live in the "Land of Fruits and Nuts".

That whole area is just a giant surburban corridor of development along I-5. About 6 miles north of Burlington and 17 miles south of Bellingham to those countiing miles.

To those looking for general area--you get to Seattle and it's another 60 miles. If you find yourself in Canada--you've gone to far.

Finally, to those friendly Canadians in the Great White North--I apologize. Reverse the last paragraph and multiply the mile figures by 1.6. At least there is nothing with a Z in the name and no event scheduled at a theater(re) :D

Guys,

Things are going great. Saw the Great Plains, Black Hills, Needles HWY,

Spearfish Canyon, Devils Tower, lots of Montana including Glacier Park. In Libby Montana right now and had another fantastic day riding.

If you would like to see some pics go mto this page and leave a message after viewing.

See you at WFO.

Al

https://homepage.mac.com/adziuba/