• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WynPro Air Induction Cover Plates

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got around to installing my covers.

Became a PITA when I snapped the ball end off of my snap-on hex key & had to make a trip to pickup another. If I was doing it again I might preheat the bolts to soften up the locktite. A good short 5mm hex socket & universal help with a couple of the bolts, other than that it’s pretty straight forward.

Very nice quality on the covers Dave.

Thanks

Tom

Finally got around to installing my covers.
Became a PITA when I snapped the ball end off of my snap-on hex key & had to make a trip to pickup another. If I was doing it again I might preheat the bolts to soften up the locktite. A good short 5mm hex socket & universal help with a couple of the bolts, other than that it's pretty straight forward.

Very nice quality on the covers Dave.

Thanks

Tom
GLad your happy,

At least the wrench has a life time warranty. I hope you got another free one.

Thanks,

Dave

At least the wrench has a life time warranty. I hope you got another free one.
Not so lucky, $ 22.00 for a set from sears.

Amazing how the Snap-on truck is never around when you really need them.

I aint bolted em on yet, but dang. Ordered on the 19th. Paid Pay Pal. Suckers were here when I got home on the 22nd.

Thank you a ton Dave!

Just go them last night, didn't get them installed yet. Its almost a shame to put something that looks that nice under the tank!

Just go them last night, didn't get them installed yet. Its almost a shame to put something that looks that nice under the tank!
Took the words right out of my mouth. Mine arrived promptly and I'm hoping to install them this weekend. Very fine looking parts and Dave has been a pleasure to deal with.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Mine arrived promptly and I'm hoping to install them this weekend. Very fine looking parts and Dave has been a pleasure to deal with.
Gunny!

Gunny!
FYI you will still need a cap for the airbox if you plan on installing the plates this weekend, you can get them fron any auto shop. I think they are 5/8" ID caps. I have 2 extra I will bring them

Last edited by a moderator:
How about some feedback on how the FeeJers are running after the PAIR cover installation?

Slardy

Just finally got around to installing the PAIR covers (its been over a year that they have been laying around). Boy the lock tite they use on those bolts made it a bear to get off! To block the the air box hole, I used the hose off the solenoid that has the plug in it. No need to buy anything additional.

Any pictures of the completed installation?
DSCF1419.JPG

DSCF1427.JPG

DSCF1431.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.