• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WynPro ( BIG-FOOT)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got mine quick.... Took a grinder to the bottom of the kickstand, installed with some thread locker... good to go...

Got mine along with the passenger floorboards. Wife said she had no knee pain/stiffness on our 100 mile ride this morning with the floorboards. I find if that she flares out her feet just a bit, it doesn't interfere with the backs of my boots.

Will just tightening the screws on the kickstand footpad suffice or do I need to secure it with adhesives as well like JB weld and loctite. Why the grinder to the bottom of the kickstand......rough up the surface for better adhesion?
Take it from me (who lost his on the way to the start of the IB5K) you will want to put loctite on the screws at a minimum. If I only read all 14 pages of comments before installing mine :angry2: I recommended to Dave that he edit his first post but didn't see that warning there yet.

Corey Nuehring

Hey 08FJR4ME - were you able to get mine standy thing out? Thanks - never heard from you - just following up.
Shipped out on the 10'th and delivered on the 14'th. not bad for going all the way accross the country. eh! ;)

Dave
I like my footpad, but I'm waiting for one for my ST1300. You'd sell a bunch of them on ST-Owners.com me thinks.

doctorj

Over time, the bottom of the foot is shaped into a V. The bike doesnt seem to sit flat on the bottom of the stand, seems to sit on one side of it.
I ground the high spot of V out to make the bottom of the foot flat again, also had to trim the edges so it fit down into the new part.
Actually, I think the side stands come that way. It seems like that is the way they are cast.

Which is the whole reason behind my using a JB Weld in the Bigfoot as a filler, along with red loctite.

Just be sure to get it aligned at the correct angle to the ground before it sets up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a note: I haven't used my kickstand puck once since installing the Wynpro pad. Great piece!

One interesting 'side effect' of using the kickstand pad is that it reduces the tendency for the bike to 'roll off' the sidestand. I guess this is due to the width of the pad providing some additional leverage and resisting the tendency. Not sure I would want to trust it completely but intrigiung anyway. :rolleyes:

Don

FNG with paypal sent for my new 2009AE woot! Funny thing...when I decided a couple years ago I wanted an FJR this is one of the first things I noticed that the bike needed...I saw the OEM stand and thought who the **** thought of this? ;)

Thank you!

Out of curiousity...any ETA of ship dates with the recent orders?

Detailed Results:

Delivered, November 18, 2010, 11:39 am, PHOENIX, AZ

Processed through Sort Facility, November 18, 2010, 1:21 am, PHOENIX, AZ

Processed through Sort Facility, November 16, 2010, 8:41 pm, PROVIDENCE, RI 02904

Acceptance, November 16, 2010, 12:11 pm, RAYNHAM CENTER, MA 02768

I don't normally send out the tracking #'s.

Thanks again,

Dave

Out of curiousity...any ETA of ship dates with the recent orders?

Detailed Results:

Delivered, November 18, 2010, 11:39 am, PHOENIX, AZ

Processed through Sort Facility, November 18, 2010, 1:21 am, PHOENIX, AZ

Processed through Sort Facility, November 16, 2010, 8:41 pm, PROVIDENCE, RI 02904

Acceptance, November 16, 2010, 12:11 pm, RAYNHAM CENTER, MA 02768

I don't normally send out the tracking #'s.

Thanks again,

Dave
Thanks Dave!

Great product! I feel confident putting down the stand now. I got the NAFO ingraved model that Dave donated to the raffle prizes. (thanks FredW for donating your winning foot!)

Paypal sent for a Big Foot and a set of PAIR plates. $68

Cheers,

Dana (El Cajone)

Status
Not open for further replies.