• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WynPro ( BIG-FOOT)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cut a piece of innertube and put that in the recess, then blue loctite. Mines been secured since.

Got mine, great looking piece and fast shipping. Looks good and works even better.

Bigfoot received extremely fast shipping from the east coast! Thanks Dave!

In case this might help others with Delkevic exhaust, I've run into an interference issue with my modified Gen II Big-Foot and my recently installed new Delkevic slip-ons. I've been running the B-F (best friend) for a while with the stock exhaust and am hooked on it. I knew I would be adding an aftermarket exhaust down the road, so when I purchased the B-F I got the modified version. But alas, the particular Delkevic 17" Tri-Oval slip-ons that I've installed don't appear to be the same fitment as other Delkevics and I now have contact between B-F and the link pipe.

I wanted to check how much clearance I actually have without the B-F so removed it and, as you can see in the photo below, I've got a very narrow 1/8" (maybe less) between the bare-foot side stand and the Delkevic link pipe
omg2.gif

I know others are running Delkevic exhaust with the modified B-F and having no interference, so my theory is that the link pipe on the 17" tri-oval mufflers uses a different contour than other Delkevic exhaust. I really, really don't want to give up my B-F (best-friend) so I'm thinking about placing a T-bolt clamp around the link pipe where the B-F contacts it to act like a shield of sorts and protect the link pipe. Dave, do you have any opinions on this idea? The link pipe seems heavy duty enough to not become deformed by the routine whacking of the B-F against it when the side stand is raised, but I don't know for sure.

Sidestand-1_zpsfagrd251.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't recomend it. Your side stand will be lower as a result and will touch down earlier then necessary. If your not an agresive rider you may get away with it.

Edit: updated notes in first post.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.