Yamaha Announces 2011 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey come on guys..... look at it this way, they saved money by changing nothing and using the same pictures of last years bike.....

Keeping the Gen1 for a few more years !!!!

Not I'd want to go through adding all the farkles again anyways.... :glare:

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes you wonder why they don't offer these options here ???
galeriaProd_56.jpg
That's a nice looking color combo! Stripes by Alex anyone...

--G

I agree - very sexy looking.... If it came that way as a faster Gen1 I'd be all over it....

"the gap between it and common sport tourers to a gaping chasm."

Hmmm, I think I have to redefine my idea of what is the definition of a chasm :rolleyes: .

doctorj

Just spoken to my Yamaha dealer and looks like the new model for the southern hemisphere has a six speed transmission,30 more horse power,10 color options incuding two tone with graphics,improved ground clearance,ohlins suspension all round,and improved fuel economy.Na, think i'll hang on to the 05

Gazza
Crap spins in your head in the opposite direction, doesn't it? :p

I believe that suzuki is not changing a single thing on their bikes from FY10 to FY11.
Don't forget, Suzuki didn't even HAVE any 2009 models in the US. They totally skipped that market year entirely due to the economy and the Yen.

Did anybody else notice Hellcreep's bike won one of the "customer bike" slots? Over on the right of the page (I got bored with the 2011 description and started nosing around)
Can't find it. Where is it?

Sorry, it wasn't obvious. I got lured in by the babes at the bottom of the page on the original link under the "virtual bike show" link. Hellcreep's in in the upper right

Clicky

If you look closely at the Yamaha page (see Post #1), 'way over on the right is a tab for the 2010 model. You can quickly toggle between 2011 and 2010 models and see the vast improvements that Yamaha's engineering and design team have brought us. Besides the heated grips (hey, I had 'em put on my '09), there's the... umm, I mean the... err... well the 2011 seems to be .25" longer! Now that's reason enough to run to your Yammy store and get your order in.
Sarcasm aside, I can only think of two bikes (Harleys don't count) that have had longer model runs without change: Kawasaki Concours 1000 and Honda's ST1300. OK, even the Concours had a small upgrade in 1994 or so, which leaves the ST1300 as the oldest living fossil. And it's still not a bad motorcycle!

pete
I think Yamaha did that with the Vmax, small changes in 93 but the bike was the bascially the same from 1985 untill 2007

:rolleyes: You got it right. Dealer told me that the US economy was too unpredictable.

No suprise to me that Yamaha didn't come out with a new model. With all the layoffs in the industry, the large inventory they currently have, and the way the economy is looking...I can't say I blame them. I believe that suzuki is not changing a single thing on their bikes from FY10 to FY11.
I liked that they have the FZ8 available in the US, hopefully this trend continues and we get more of the cool bikes that Europe gets. In 2012 they are brining over a dual sport that looks nice as well.

:rolleyes: You got it right. Dealer told me that the US economy was too unpredictable.
In my experience, the dealer's insight into what Yamaha corporate is thinking isn't any more accurate than what we read here.
Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

Dealers, and salesman have a way spewing whatever garbage is on their mind at the moment. From the garbage I regularly hear, Yamaha, as a private company, is EXTREMELY tight-lipped about their business.

In my experience, the dealer's insight into what Yamaha corporate is thinking isn't any more accurate than what we read here.
Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

Dealers, and salesman have a way spewing whatever garbage is on their mind at the moment. From the garbage I regularly hear, Yamaha, as a private company, is EXTREMELY tight-lipped about their business.
Scooter,

I have ben waiting for my Doctor to allow me to ride my Bikr again.... November!!!

Dabayliner

I was under the assumption that this was a BMW analog to the Old Wing. No? :unsure:
Yes. Not in the same class as an FJR - definitely more of a tourer and competition to the Goldwing.

K1300GT is the FJR direct competition, though you could also throw the R1200RT in there as well.