YFO 2017 - Yosemite and Beyond - June 1-3, 2017

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In!

Reservation made at the Mariposa. This is an amazing location - way to go Tyler. It is in the heart of some of the best riding in Southern California. Hwy 108, Sonora Pass, here I come, again, darn. And there are little twisty delights called Hwy 245 along with the Dunlop Road. Your Dunlop tires will scream uncle while riding these roads. Betcha Tyler knows about the tasty little gems - these roads are a little off the radar - they are the destination. Google Pinehurst Ca and check out the twisties.

Hot damn I am looking forward to this one. I will certainly be living in the "Day of the Eagle".

Last edited by a moderator:
Reservation made.
punk.gif

Oh no Bob - you didn't. This is a bucket list trip, man. No corner cutting happening on this one, bud. Minimum 2 weeks for me - maybe 18 days. By the time this trip comes, you will be almost done work wise - remember, we don't get to decide!!!!
I've caged PCH, but would like to ride it as well. Never been to Lake Tahoe - that would be super cool to see. At some point, I will need to sit with the map and really look it over.
I can work up a rough itinerary for you... stay tuned.
cool.png
Okay here's a very rough draft for your perusal... it can easily be lengthened to give you more time in the places you want to spend more time (or less)... but this, I think, will give you a good basic overview of our backyard... oceans, mountain passes, redwoods, parks, etc. There are a ton of roads in all directions so the sky is the limit.
cool.png

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 Arrive in Yosemite

Thursday, June 01, 2017 Yosemite

Friday, June 02, 2017 Yosemite

Saturday, June 03, 2017 Kings Canyon/Sequoia NP (Three Rivers)

Sunday, June 04, 2017 Cambria (via some fun backroads)

Monday, June 05, 2017 Monterey (Hwy 1, lots to see!)

Tuesday, June 06, 2017 San Francisco (via Scruz Mtns)

Wednesday, June 07, 2017 Fortuna (Hwy 1, Ave of the Giants)

Thursday, June 08, 2017 Lake Tahoe (36, 70, 89)

Friday, June 09, 2017 Day of rest in Tahoe

Saturday, June 10, 2017 Benton Hot Springs (89, 4, 108, 395, 120)

Sunday, June 11, 2017 Start heading home?
This is looking very interesting,

I am a very strong likely for this one.

Definitely in! Making this a family vacation in the new motorhome and towing the fjr! Me+4 but only two of us riding on my bike.

Plus 1, or really a lot more than 1 to everybody who's chiming in with affirmative replies here. What a great meet this is shaping up to be. I'm really looking forward to seeing and/or meeting a lot of you east coasters and middle coasters and north coasters too. You know, Canada. If you're on the fence, get off. See you HERE in June!

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I would so love to be "in" on this, but the only way I could come on the FJR is to leave my wife behind. We ALL know, or at least suspicion, how well that would go over.

I/ we may try to show up on my (at the risk of posing for rifle fire) Gold Wing. FJR is too "uncomfortable" on a long trip, that's why I have an old (93) GoldWing also. If we can manage it, we'll park the GW by itself
rolleyes.gif

Man, I would so love to be "in" on this, but the only way I could come on the FJR is to leave my wife behind. We ALL know, or at least suspicion, how well that would go over. I/ we may try to show up on my (at the risk of posing for rifle fire) Gold Wing. FJR is too "uncomfortable" on a long trip, that's why I have an old (93) GoldWing also. If we can manage it, we'll park the GW by itself
rolleyes.gif
There are going to be some tricycles there so an old wing will be fine.

Man, I would so love to be "in" on this, but the only way I could come on the FJR is to leave my wife behind. We ALL know, or at least suspicion, how well that would go over. I/ we may try to show up on my (at the risk of posing for rifle fire) Gold Wing. FJR is too "uncomfortable" on a long trip, that's why I have an old (93) GoldWing also. If we can manage it, we'll park the GW by itself
rolleyes.gif
Or... pick her up at Sacramento Airport. Win, win.