YFO 2017 - Yosemite and Beyond - June 1-3, 2017

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get ready for some falls, which are flowing with much more force than when these were captured...

STRONG word of caution. Enjoy the spray, but stay away from the flow of the water.

20160418_174457.jpg

20160418_174604.jpg

20160418_174623.jpg

DSC_1459_60_61_smooth2.jpg

DSC_1474_5_6_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_1453_4_5_smooth2.jpg

DSC_1549_50_51_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_1606_7_8_balanced.jpg

DSC_1585_6_7_balanced.jpg

20150613_105352.jpg

DSC_0731_2_3_4_5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as soon as I confirm a place to stay. Posted on the share a room thread. Will call the KOA tomorrow as well.

Just as soon as I confirm a place to stay. Posted on the share a room thread. Will call the KOA tomorrow as well.

I noticed the water level behind the Ranger in the video. The conditions are right, I bet the valley will be flooding sometime soon - hopefully after our little shindig. Water is good, a lot of water is fantastic, way too much water can be too much of a good thing.

Brodie

🤔

Ok. Called the Marioosa Lodge and they only have apt "A" for thu/fri night. Saturday not available. It sure as hell ain't $40. $149/$159.

Then called KOA. They have no tent spaces. Looked at Tioga pass hwy 120 and it's not projected to be open. No reply on the shared room thread.

It all adds up to "ya'll have a good time".

Maybe next outing.

Cheers

Ok. Called the Marioosa Lodge and they only have apt "A" for thu/fri night. Saturday not available. It sure as hell ain't $40. $149/$159. Then called KOA. They have no tent spaces. Looked at Tioga pass hwy 120 and it's not projected to be open. No reply on the shared room thread. It all adds up to "ya'll have a good time". Maybe next outing. Cheers
Did you try looking at some of the other hotels in town? Maybe then have a room/rate that would work for you? No friend that you can bring along for the fun and roomshare with?

Last chance for dinner - if anyone has contact info for these folks and can reach out, please do:

airboss (1)
exskibum (2)
fraziarwp (1)
Yosemiterich (2)
griff (1)
juniorfjr (2)
fencer

Last chance for dinner - if anyone has contact info for these folks and can reach out, please do:
airboss (1)

exskibum (2)

fraziarwp (1)

Yosemiterich (2)

griff (1)

juniorfjr (2)

fencer
I'm pretty sure Griff canceled that trip.
not_i.gif

Ok. Called the Marioosa Lodge and they only have apt "A" for thu/fri night. Saturday not available. It sure as hell ain't $40. $149/$159.Then called KOA. They have no tent spaces. Looked at Tioga pass hwy 120 and it's not projected to be open. No reply on the shared room thread.

It all adds up to "ya'll have a good time".

Maybe next outing.

Cheers
PM sent

Ok. Called the Marioosa Lodge and they only have apt "A" for thu/fri night. Saturday not available. It sure as hell ain't $40. $149/$159. Then called KOA. They have no tent spaces. Looked at Tioga pass hwy 120 and it's not projected to be open. No reply on the shared room thread. It all adds up to "ya'll have a good time". Maybe next outing. Cheers
Did you try looking at some of the other hotels in town? Maybe then have a room/rate that would work for you? No friend that you can bring along for the fun and roomshare with?
I did try to find other lodging. Thanks to the kind offer from Brodie to share tent space I will be able to attend! I've sent my $$ to Tyler for Sat dinner as well. Thanks for working it out for me.

I did try to find other lodging. Thanks to the kind offer from Brodie to share tent space I will be able to attend! I've sent my $$ to Tyler for Sat dinner as well. Thanks for working it out for me.
There's another guy that was looking for a roomshare but over on FB... don't know if you are on there but I gave him the link to this thread so there's another option as well. B)

Well folks - the shit is starting to get serious. By my count, and BELIEVE ME, I'm counting..... The Redfishies and I blast off 9 days from now. That's one week, two days from now.

Gonna put a new set of PR4GTs on the horse this weekend, along with a fresh full synthetic oil change. I'll take her down the road and back to make sure all is well. Then I will pack her up with my camping gear and crap.

Four (hopefully) short days at work next week, and then it's bye bye Irene!!

I delivered Pop's '14 to him this evening, I had a set of PR4GTs installed on it yesterday. We Fatsided it, went with the 190/55 rear. I did the Kurvy Girl right angle valve stems anodized in red while I had it. I will change the oil, he will wash it, and then it will be ready.

Bless his heart, he rode mine today since I had his. He had washed it for me. Mine is an oil change and a wax job away from being ready.

I swear on February 12th I knew there was no way I was going to make this ride. Pop has sure stepped up for me on this one. Of course he has done that all my life.

I delivered Pop's '14 to him this evening, I had a set of PR4GTs installed on it yesterday. We Fatsided it, went with the 190/55 rear. I did the Kurvy Girl right angle valve stems anodized in red while I had it. I will change the oil, he will wash it, and then it will be ready.
Bless his heart, he rode mine today since I had his. He had washed it for me. Mine is an oil change and a wax job away from being ready.

I swear on February 12th I knew there was no way I was going to make this ride. Pop has sure stepped up for me on this one. Of course he has done that all my life.
They do that, when they leave like mine did a year a go it leaves a hole................. Enjoy ever second!

Listen up people,

If you are attending and have a room with an extra bed available, there are a couple of latecomers who are scrambling to find accommodations. If you can, please consider offering in the Room Share thread so all can attend and enjoy.

Brodie

rolleyes.gif