2012 Breaks Interstate Camping Trip, May 18-20

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good points. Seriously, I'm actually giving the whole camping thing some thought, especially if the cabins are halfway across the camp. @ BRMC it was just a short stumble back to the cabin.
Yeah...and ya won't have to buy beer and be pointed out and laughed at none either. :D

I'm sure it will be sunny and 70 degrees the whole weekend with the birds chirpin' and the roads calling out to you. Man you guys are gonna have some great roads to ride.

So many roads, so little time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to go Art...forcing his hand so he has to make the reservation right away! :D Who knows how many cigars he'd be buying if that cash just sat around for awhile! :clapping:

:lol:
Well I offered! For the same reason. You know that Joe guy. Hell, he had to be shamed into doing this in the first place!
Don't worry Bob. Your good deed will be BOOZE hauler with that trailer. :p

Good points. Seriously, I'm actually giving the whole camping thing some thought, especially if the cabins are halfway across the camp. @ BRMC it was just a short stumble back to the cabin.
Yeah...and ya won't have to buy beer and be pointed out and laughed at none either. :D

I'm sure it will be sunny and 70 degrees the whole weekend with the birds chirpin' and the roads calling out to you. Man you guys are gonna have some great roads to ride.

No. We will still point at him and laugh just like we do with everyone else. As for the beer, he still has to buy for even considering a cabin!

No. We will still point at him and laugh just like we do with everyone else. As for the beer, he still has to buy for even considering a cabin!
:haha: :good: :cigar: :drinks:

Dang...I'm gonna miss a good hazing.

Not that I would have anything to do with it, though...Will is one of my buds. :clapping:

...aaaaaannnnnddd, I'd like to keep him as ride leader for the EPIC Hootervile Arkansas invasion this fall. :yahoo:

Dang...I'm gonna miss a good hazing.

Not that I would have anything to do with it, though...Will is one of my buds. :clapping:

...aaaaaannnnnddd, I'd like to keep him as ride leader for the EPIC Hootervile Arkansas invasion this fall. :yahoo:
Mark, he should recuperate by fall :lol:

Don't worry about me, Mark. I'll be just fine. I may have to get a cabin just out of spite now! :p

Looks like "F**K YOU, BOB!" may still be the phrase for the weekend :lol:

Don't worry about me, Mark. I'll be just fine. I may have to get a cabin just out of spite now! :p

Aw, come on Will...Really? :rolleyes:
Just kidding on both accounts. I did want to get a tee shirt made with that, you know, for old times sake.

I checked with Breaks and the cabins are a half mile away from the camping areas, so that ain't gonna work. Guess I'll just have to man up and rough it with it with the rest of you hooligans.

Aw, come on Will...Really? :rolleyes:
Just kidding on both accounts. I did want to get a tee shirt made with that, you know, for old times sake.

I checked with Breaks and the cabins are a half mile away from the camping areas, so that ain't gonna work. Guess I'll just have to man up and rough it with it with the rest of you hooligans.
It'll be fun Will you'll see. (as long as it doesnt rain). But we've got a shelter if we need it. :yahoo:

& so, it is WAYYY too early to do any route planning... but I did it anyway because I can (& I was bored).

Right now, I've come up with 4 routes to choose from if you are so inclined to acquire them from me. I've sorted them by mileage. Some of the roads that I've planned are from experience... some just look good. I've done some research of unknown roads to ensure that there isn't gravel roads under the tires of your FJR.

These routes have been planned in Mapsucks, so they are Garmin. I will post up about the routes to see if anyone wants them as time grows closer. That'll also give me a chance to add some gas stations along the routes... & eateries... who can forget eateries!

A short note to Bungee... the fence sitter. Two of the routes contain Rte 16 south of WV.. your favorite part!

I bet rt 58 is on one of the routes as well. I haven't ridden it...but have heard you talk about it. Wifey and I will be staying at Breaks for a night this summer during our weeklong 2up tour....and we'll be sure to do 16 and 58...maybe even the back entrance to Burkes Garden! :lol:

I bet rt 58 is on one of the routes as well. I haven't ridden it...but have heard you talk about it. Wifey and I will be staying at Breaks for a night this summer during our weeklong 2up tour....and we'll be sure to do 16 and 58...maybe even the back entrance to Burkes Garden! :lol:
No 58 on these routes, Mark. I will likely throw a route together that HAS 58... but it is a little far off the beaten path. The shortest route is 106ish miles & the longest is around 208, right now.

From past experience, the longest route is pretty long for these roads. They're pretty dang twisty. & all of the planned routes promise to please the canyon carver in all the attendees.

Joe, I expect as time grows closer, interest in this meet will blossom.

I will ask my local riding bud to plot the routes in .pdf format so I can post them. I don't have adobe on my desktop @ home. I will also write up a short route synopsis.

A short note to Bungee... the fence sitter. Two of the routes contain Rte 16 south of WV.. your favorite part!
Don't think for a second I haven't noticed. I also know the lower section to the BRP has been repaved. I've been eyeballing the maps in Google around the area lately. *SO* many great roads. I'd love to bring my WeeBR down. But I'd be in no shape to ride it back home after - the sit bones ain't what they used to be. If it was later in the year, I'd take a week off and do the best of the Appalachians/Smokey's.

Now, all that being said, my buddy (just ordered a Duc Panigale) and his buddies are heading down on the 16th to Fontana for a long weekend of tearing up the Dragon. Meh. But I might be able to hitch a ride with their and back with them.

If I show (and I want to!) I show.

IMG_0536.jpg

A little rest break before tackling 16

Has anyone ridden the really good piece of 80 north of Honaker? Well, a couple of the routes that I planned go thru there. It sure looks fun on a map. Nt sure if I've already been through there.

Has anyone ridden the really good piece of 80 north of Honaker? Well, a couple of the routes that I planned go thru there. It sure looks fun on a map. Nt sure if I've already been through there.
I haven't...but that sure looks tasty on the gazetteer! :clapping:

BTW, anybody that likes camping and likes curvy roads HAS to go to this meet if you can. Just from the quick ride through the area last fall. This area's riding just ROCKS! :yahoo:

If I show (and I want to!) I show.
We'll keep a light on for ya

Just don't get between him and the bathroom...you might get knocked over. :D

Just looking at google maps... my. f'n. god.

You can plan a route. But I don't think your gonna do much better than picking a direction and following your nose. One of those trips will have to be down to do the Snake. It's right there!

Okay, to hell with it, I'm in. See if I can't scrounge up some of the other crazy canucks.