200ccccc Attempt-10/10ths

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steaming west and looking good - here's to a safe night, looking forward to picking this up in the am.

As of 8:00am PDT/11:00am EDT, he's about 45 miles southeast of El Paso, and about 775 miles from his turn-around spot in San Diego. Making good time, but he has a very hot section coming up -- 103° forecast for Tucson, 110° in Yuma, 111° in El Centro. (That's 44C for those of you who roll that way.)

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="101stpathfinder" data-cid="1173795" data-time="1409476132"><p>

Official start time 0646<br />

Running behind...</p></blockquote>

West Texas and the desert, great places to make up time. Good luck with the heat!

Looks like he stopped for an hour + at around 0500, west of Sonora, TX. Made the first BBG.

He's in El Paso now with about 725 miles to the Blue Pacific.

Difficult to estimate the effect of Labor Day traffic, so we'll plan on being at the turn around point to meet him by... ?

I am looking at 1200 eastern or 9 pm local

But that is pushing it in this heat.
Heat is right. He is in Gila Bend Az now, and according to weather.com its only 108! Holy crap!!
weirdsmiley.gif
Stay hydrated- I am now inspired more than ever to try my measly 50CC next spring!

Looks like he stopped for an hour + at around 0500, west of Sonora, TX. Made the first BBG. He's in El Paso now with about 725 miles to the Blue Pacific. Difficult to estimate the effect of Labor Day traffic, so we'll plan on being at the turn around point to meet him by... ?
Where is the SD turnaround place and approximately what time?

Looks like he stopped for an hour + at around 0500, west of Sonora, TX. Made the first BBG. He's in El Paso now with about 725 miles to the Blue Pacific. Difficult to estimate the effect of Labor Day traffic, so we'll plan on being at the turn around point to meet him by... ?
Where is the SD turnaround place and approximately what time?
I am at the AZ/NM state line.I am looking at 1200 eastern or 9 pm local

But that is pushing it in this heat.

If I can make good time, I will get a motel and stay the remainder of the 50 hours.
not sure on exact spot but, by the looks of where tony is now i believe he will do as he said above and get some rest...

Back on the road and heading east. You are a machine!