2012 Hooterville/Arkansas ride - October 4-7

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that a sperm whale? When I get too old to ride an FJR, I will get one of those.... right after I'm too old to fish.

Seriously, if it is a Goldwing you are talking about, no contest-- great bike. Unfortunately, wife won't ride one. She says they are for old folks. What I get for marrying a woman 20 years younger than me. ;)

I was really hoping I could make this ride this year again but Im having a small surgery on my left ear (skin cancer nothing serious) that will keep from putting on a helmet for a couple weeks or so. Hope to see y'all at EOM though. Have fun and be safe. And help Eric watch out for them dogs in da road!!

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, this ride isn't too far off, so make sure you got good tires for the sandpaper gritty roads they use down thar.

Plan on some fun on Thursday night....looking to eat at the Catfish Kettle in Farmington, Mo again,

Then on Friday, getting up bright and early (7:30am kickstands up or thereabouts) for our ride down to AR the Hooterville way. The route below has about 430 miles to Clinton if you include a loop at Push Mtn late in the day...less if you don't. This is roughly the route that murph and I took in 2009 to get down to the 2009 AAD-500 that Scott and Mark headed up.

HOOTERVILLETOAR.jpg

Then Saturday, for those that are adventurous, there is Scott and Mark's AAD-500 route that a few of us did in 2009.

AAD-500.jpg

500 miles of twisty fun! :yahoo:

For those that want to do something less extreme, there are many ways to cut that route off and head back to the barn. If you don't want to cut off Push Mountain...you always have the option of doing the route backwards.

People heading out on the AAD-500 will be heading out at 7am sharp! (probably in dark or twilight).

There is (or was) a great Mexican restaurant in town. That's the only place I have any experience with in Clinton. Google is your friend if you want to try something else.

Get ready to have some great fun! :yahoo:

Sunday is "get home" day for most I suppose. Griff and I are going to do another loop in AR on Sunday, and blast home on Monday.

See y'all soon! :clapping:

Regretably I won't be able to make it this year.

After this weekends ride, I realize I can no longer put off getting a Russel DL. My pennies will need to be spent wisely the rest of the year.

You all have fun.

Regretably I won't be able to make it this year.

After this weekends ride, I realize I can no longer put off getting a Russel DL. My pennies will need to be spent wisely the rest of the year.

You all have fun.
Sorry there Mike.

We'll try to have fun in your absence... :)

Holy crap! You weren't kidding about the 500 twisty miles. I can't wait.
Not everybody has to do this route of course. As mentioned before, people can easily get back the barn on a shorter loop.

However, as often as I get to the roads in AR (not often enough), I wanna ride the heck out of these roads.

Just put new tires on, they'll probably be toast after AR. Oh well what a fun way to spend money. :)

Of course, you know there is a Baskin Robbins right next to the Best Western in Clinton. ;)

Doing a little searching for chow around Clinton AR. This place is a few miles south on 65. It's got great reviews. They only have a FaceBook site HERE MENU

They're closed on Sat and Sun, and only open until 8pm on Friday though.

scan0001.jpg

FranksHickoryHouseBar-B-Que.jpg

FranksHickoryHouseBar-B-Que1.jpg

Of course I'm not trying to influence anybody... :p

I'm looking for some one to share/split the cost (Oct 5 and 6) for the Best Western in Clinton,AR. Any one interested?

I made res with two beds.

If you'd split the cost in Clinton with me, you can have a free stay with me @ the Super 8 (Oct 4) in Farmington, MO

I got the free room @ the Super8 with WYNDHAM reward points.

I'm looking for some one to share/split the cost (Oct 5 and 6) for the Best Western in Clinton,AR. Any one interested?

I made res with two beds.

If you'd split the cost in Clinton with me, you can have a free stay with me @ the Super 8 (Oct 4) in Farmington, MO

I got the free room @ the Super8 with WYNDHAM reward points.

Wow...that's a good deal. It's better than the one I have with griff! :lol:

I've split rooms with petey and he's cool to room with...just stay on his good side. :D Seriously though, somebody send him a pm...

I'm planning on meeting up with the group on the 5th as you cross into ARK. Can meet at the to-be-determined beer stop in Thayer? or at Mammoth Springs Park just before the turn onto RT9.

I got a roomy for Clinton, AR (Old Pilot) if some one wants bunk with me in Farmington, it's free...