2014 Appalachian Campout

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI, right now there is a road closure on the BRP just south of MT Mitchell, it is supposed to be open back up by May but you never know. If you're traveling down the parkway you might want to check the parkway website for closures before planning .
I think, as of last week, the BRP is now fully open...they finished their repair job on that massive slide section.
Yep Map shows everything open except the campgrounds. Here is the link: https://maps.nps.gov/blri/road-closures/

Maybe u should stay home to sweep in your own bed, awwen. Either that or look up the closest Marriott. I'd expect an air mattress is going to be more supportive than an old lumpy mattress. So, definitely, good luck with that.
Aww, you're just jealous!
lol! sure... keep telling yourself that.
You 2 need to getta room!
kiss.gif
...a cabin!
biggrin.png
ahhh good catch Wheatie. This just sounds like wayyy too much entertainment to pass up!

I"ve come up with some routing from Sparta to BRMC. 4 routes actually. You can easily plan routes all day long in this area. There r just so many fun roads. Yee haw!

Oh, I see that Allen has once again had a non participant come to his aid to help with grasping of straws. Be real... the cough, cough... mature woman is doing the thing that more resembles how Daniel Boone slept in his day.

Like I said previously. I really don't care if you sleep in a cabin. I just find it amusing... very amusing. You cannot blame me, can you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Spending this coming weekend with the wife wino, in the Finger Lakes, then it's two days of work till blast off next Thursday morning...Woohoo!!!

Camping gear testing this coming weekend (annual tent maintenance) and then split from the office mid to late-day Thursday.

Front tire is getting close, but hasn't quite hit the wear bars yet (fingernail thickness to bar) and is somewhat evenly worn...so I'm going to run with it...almost exactly same thing as happened at last year's April "freezer with rain" camping trip.

Camping gear testing this coming weekend (annual tent maintenance) and then split from the office mid to late-day Thursday.
Front tire is getting close, but hasn't quite hit the wear bars yet (fingernail thickness to bar) and is somewhat evenly worn...so I'm going to run with it...almost exactly same thing as happened at last year's April "freezer with rain" camping trip.
Hope you don't end up sorry about your decision...

Hope you don't end up sorry about your decision...
Yea, me too, lol. Comes down to available funds really and I'll be damned if I miss out on a camping trip. I'm going to watch it during this week's commutes and see how it fares and, if it really really really needs it, I'll overload the CC again.
wink.png

The front ain't nothing to take chances with. If you have any doubts go ahead & load that credit card. Don't want to see anything bad happen, Scott. That being said... see you in 11 days.

Ha ha, really, it's actually a bit better than the front I had on at last year's camping trip...and that one lasted the trip and then some. But I'll take it under advisement...and probably chicken out and change it, lol.

A fingernail's width above the wear bars at the start of a trip on roads in hooligan country...yikes.
This is the kinda crap I sit and obsess over all day while spitting out code, lol. That fingernail's width has been with me for the past two months despite some pretty heavy riding and it's irritating.
biggrin.png

I'm going to set up my tent this weekend to be sure all tie downs are there. I bet there not. The last time I camped I'm pretty sure i used my colder weather tent. The 2 tents share some tiedowns.

I'm going to set up my tent this weekend to be sure all tie downs are there. I bet there not. The last time I camped I'm pretty sure i used my colder weather tent. The 2 tents share some tiedowns.
Yeah you better make sure you have everything, because there will be no room in my tent this time!
rolleyes.gif

No worries Bob. My air mattress is already with my stuff. A mistake not to be made a 2nd time. Please tell Janet that I am so proud of her... sleeping in a tent & all. Chicks in tents UNITE!

Other than that... looking forward to seeing her. She's a cool woman. Looking forward to hanging out & riding with her.