Andrew Knight Symbology

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been off line and just learned of this horrible news last night. That so many have expressed their fondness for Andrew speaks volumes.

His avatar seems more appropriate than ever - even the mighty Sequoias seem smaller now that he stands among them.

Peace.jpg

Had to wait till I got home to do the ride.

IMG_0321.jpg

and as one Air Force Vet to another, the crew chief returns the Pilots salute on roll out

IMG_0322.jpg

Plow the road Andrew..........We're going to miss you.

Well, I had every intention of taking a picture today at 2:00. When I got to work I realized I had forgotten my digi camera at home. Oh well, no biggie I'll just borrow my bosses camera and take the pic. Nope, boss had to leave early today and I didn't get a chance to grab his camera. A sign? Nah, just dumb luck.... I'll just take a pic when I get home, there should still be some daylight left. There would have been too, if I hadn't run out of freaking gas on the freeway! Well, whatever I'll take a picture anyway when I get home I thought to myself as I realized just how heavy my CBR was. Two hours later I get home, and my camera's battery is dead. Omen? Maybe. Either way, I'm now at home, tired and looking for a beer.

I'll be stepping outside grabbing a beer and lighting up a cigar in your honor in just a bit Andrew. Godspeed!

Clear for flight, clear for cigar

Clear the hatch and don the glove

Clear shot glasses for the one we love

Wear ATGATT, where is the love

where the apex afar and the buzz above

I'm all thumbs.

GZ

The service today was a affirmation of Andrew's life. Very cool and you guys on the forum were such a great help to the families. What can I say. Just so damn proud of everyone.

RIP O'vale

Just wanted to say it was an honor and a blessing to be at Andrew's service and reception. I got to hear from his family members, co-workers, and close friends of what a really talented, loving and respectable person Andrew really is. Of course I already knew this but got to hear alot more that I hadn't heard about him and it just confirmed my love and admiration that I have for Andrew. He was a talented guitar player, chef, soccer player, motorcycle rider, veteran, skier, scuba/diver, family man and business man. I heard someone quote Andrew that he had said, "if your not living on the edge you're taking up too much space". This is the way Andrew lived it. He went all the way in everything he did and he dreamed big not being afraid to reach for the stars and to look for the big picture. I think the main quality that I found is how Andrew reached out to people and really cared about them and what they did. That is to say he was so good at making friends and today it showed by the many friends that came to say goodbye to Andrew. Good bye my friend. I pray we meet again. Blessings to his family and please keep them in your prayers for a long time to come. And I just want to say I am proud to be a part of this forum and the goodness that was demonstrated by the outpouring of the members here. God bless you all as well. PM. <>< :bye2:

Last edited by a moderator:
"If your not living on the edge you're taking up too much space".
I think I've found my sig. line, courtesy of Mr. Knight... thank you.I didn't find this thread until I was already at work without my camera, ... but I did ride in Andrew's honor today. I did get a pic taken when I got home.

Andrew... I'll see you on the other side bro.

IMG_1729.jpg

I know..... no AGATT,,,,,,but I had to leave to the service in two minutes time! I don't know 'bout anyone else, but the service was tough on the heart from so many speakers...... the flag ceromony was heartbreaking...... Walking up through the Patriot Gaurd was tough stuff ! Thanks again Toe for calling out the PG, and Zac and his wife for organizing the reception afterwards.

Fly-on-Bro.jpg

I was able to attend the service today for Andrew and to hear the stories shared by his friends and family. It was also an opportunity to meet some new friends from the Forum, and that in itself was a kind of tribute to Andrew. The stories I heard today about Andrew recalled to my mind a phrase well know to my generation: "A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others."

2048647901_0a19846202.jpg

Today was similar to the celebration of life we aim for at my family's memorial services - In that respect, and in other ways, I took away some solace and hope Andrew's family and all the others who could make it got some comfort as well.

It was beautiful to hear from people who shared other facets of Orangevale's life and realize he was as passionate about interests that ran the gamut from soccer to communications set-ups to family as he was about motorcycles. But it was also really amazing to hear from all these disparate people that he touched the same chords with each of them - friend, hope, belief, passion, ability, optimism, sharing - were all common threads in the speeches and stories we heard. I can't fathom better things to be remembered for.

+1 painman, well said. I did attend the service today. It was raining as I prepared to leave and thought about the cage but knew only the FJR would do. The sun was out before I arrived. Counted close to 30 bikes mostly FJR's. I never met Andrew face to face but did some PM with him when I bought my 6.

After reading WC's post about a photo tribute I knew had to ride there for me and you riders who couldn't. It was good to see some forum members I did know and meet a few new ones, I will try harder to meet more of you in the future just as Andrew would have wanted.

Sure is great to see the photo tributes from all the different locations, I could feel your thoughts during the service. Salute!

Status
Not open for further replies.