EOM 2017 - Wytheville 2.0 - Sept 28th to October 1st 2017

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You motivated me to call them and book a room. They had no problem with my reservation, but I didn't ask them how many rooms were available.

I guess I'll book a room for NERDS this morning while I've got my credit card out.
bike.gif

Reckon I'll call too. Suppose they're holding a block for us? I don't remember from earlier in the thread; is there a group rate?

I would hold off on making reservations, until Wayne gets things straight with the hotel management, concerning the group rate.

Update 2/28/17

Room block is set up with our own "Rate Code" now - $59/night + tax. You must call the front desk at 276-228-6000 and state you are with the Yamaha group using the "YAMA" rate code.

The discount sites will most likely all show the hotel as booked - you must call the front desk to make your reservation...

Sounds like a great rate. By any chance does it include some sort of breakfast? Google maps does not show any restaurants near by so I guess the easiest thing to do is stop for dinner before returning to the motel.

There is a Subway and something else in a big gas station next door, and I think there was a steakhouse or something that people went to last year that was within walking distance. The property includes breakfast, and it also has a smallish bar/restaurant on site. Plus last year there was a popular young girl delivering pizzas.

The nearby steakhouse wasn't bad. I'd say a little more than a quarter mile maybe form the hotel. Downtown Wytheville looked interesting too. Will call later once I'm home from work. I know this year I want a refrigerator in my room though! We pulled the top box off wife's BMW and kept buying ice......

Yes they have an ice machine.

Edit: When I made my reservation that said all rooms would have fridges and microwaves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am willing to walk up to a mile for a good dinner. The Sagebrush Steakhouse looks close enough.

It looks like there is a bunch of stuff on Lee Highway (US11), but that may be more than a mile away.

If my son-in-law Tommy comes we will definitely eat at Waffle House. That and Chic-Fil-A are among his favorites. He sold his Tenere and has a deposit on a new Africa Twin, but I don't know of he can get the time off for EOM.

We pulled the top box off wife's BMW and kept buying ice......
The motel doesn't have an ice machine?!?
fool.gif
Actually I think they had 3 of them. One was out of order and the other 2 couldn't keep up with the size of the crowd socializing in the parking lot every night.
rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the updated info, Wayne. Booked!!! Check in on Wednesday and check out on Monday. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator: