EOM Tour of the Bluegrass

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to thank all the attendees . You are StormTroopers! The turnout was flabbergasting considering the downpour when we started. Thank you!

James -thank YOU !! The downpour notwithstanding, it was a great day. The barbecue lunch was dee-lishus -thank you for hosting this; what a treat!!

And I'm sure all of us were appreciative of the long wait that you and Mrs proton had while we did the Buffalo Trace tour.

Well done. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 from us. Mrs W and I also want to thank you for taking the lead for us all today, James. Of course many of us did feel a little miffed at being led around by some sort of a porky, overgrown dirt bike, but we got over it. :p

The brisket at the BBQ joint was most excellent and the distillery tour was a great treat. Man... I sure do love the smells wafting around that place.

Too bad Mother didn't want to cooperate, as I'm sure a lot of those twisties would have been much more funner with dry roads. But we are warm and dry again and looking forward to another (hopefully dryer) adventure in the AM.

Also add my +1. The brisket was truly excellent and something we just don't have in the Great White North. I also learned how to drink bourbon properly and developed a new appreciation for a fine sipping whiskey. I also have a photo of MEM doing MEM type stuff but it will have to wait since I can't seem to access my photo server from this internet connection.

Thank You.

Dammit...I've been here all depressed that I'm missing ROM.

Then I find out that it is again raining like an SOB. Honestly, now I feel better!

You all have fun and ride safe. I really am sorry I'm misusing it.

Also add my +1. The brisket was truly excellent and something we just don't have in the Great White North. I also learned how to drink bourbon properly and developed a new appreciation for a fine sipping whiskey. I also have a photo of MEM doing MEM type stuff but it will have to wait since I can't seem to access my photo server from this internet connection.

Thank You.
Uh oh.... :blink:

And here I am, actually behaving myself.

For a change

:p

Hey James, Thanks to you and Messi for some great southern hospitality.

I can honestly say the Brisket was the best I've had. Corn pudding wasn't bad either.

The Hard Hat tour was super.

I also want to say a special thank you for giving me the push I needed to put a decent First Aid kit together.

Dave

James,

Another happy participant of the tour that you put together...the only thing that would have made it better was if it had not rained. Glad I was able to assist with some gloves for the wifey, her hands had to be freezing in that rain.

P.S. I will now have a first aid kit on the bike at all times.

Thanks, Joe

MEM doing MEM things and you have pictures!!

:nono:
MEM is a big girl now. She no longer drinks from a bottle, she drinks straight from the still ...

eom-1-L.jpg

Taken at the Buffalo Trace Distillery during the Hard Hat Tour.

Nothing like sipping some "White Dog" straight from the tap!

@Joe > thanks for your kindness, Masae certainly appreciated it. We got home late Saturday night and Sunday got her things a little better organized.

Glad you guys got a decent first aid kit. I keep a couple of extra bungies around that will do for tourniquets in a pinch as well.

Below are a few photos from the tour

be33aef6.jpg

Masae and I at Cumberland Falls

3002ba75.jpg

The gang at Fort Boonesborough

5ece18b9.jpg

9c333641.jpg

Buffalo Trace Tasting !