Hydration System Bags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiteflyer

Reaction score
In a lot of pictures I've seen of FJR's set up for LD touring, there bags mounted on the rear footpeg to hold their Garauld style drinking systems.

These bags seem to be of the same manufacture, but I'm having trouble finding them. Is there a source for these bags, and if so, where? Any info you might have will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

-Paul

Are you sure the setups you see on these bikes aren't the "Skyway" version of the hydration system? There is a difference... the Skyway systems came with an insulated outer bag. I'm not sure the Garauld version has an insulated bag for his systems, yet.

Thinking wayyy back, I "think" Skyway used MagsBags to make his outer insulated bags.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure the setups you see on these bikes aren't the "Skyway" version of the hydration system? There is a difference... the Skyway systems came with an insulated outer bag. I'm not sure the Garauld version has an insulated bag for his systems, yet.

Thinking wayyy back, I "think" Skyway used MagsBags to make his outer insulated bags.
No, I'm not sure about anything. :dribble: I'm just trying to locate a source for these types of insulated bags. I'll check out MagsBags to see if I can get some relief. Thanks for the tip!

I'll check out MagsBags to see if I can get some relief.
Good luck with that

According to their website they went out of business awhile back

There are many options out there. Like these:

https://www.brookstone.com/half-gallon-coleman-drink-cooler-with-insulated-cover

https://www.popupgizmos.com/cooler%20cover%20page.htm

https://www.byubookstore.com/ePOS/form=robots/item.html&item_number=80629311683&store=439&design=439

Just busting your chops on BYU :p

I think the owner of MagsBags had a bad cycle accident awhile back. Wow! Bummer about going out of business. The bags for skyway stuff were custom. Kiteflyer, perhaps find a seamstress that would be willing to measure & make to fit. Good luck... & if you find someone perhaps keep folks here updated if you're successful.

If you mount one of those Thermos-type plastic jugs on the back peg like Garauld and others have used, there is no need for further insulation. That bottle keeps a quart of water plenty cold for as long as it will take you to drink it. I did my own, cheap and works great. I put a long enough clear plastic tube from Home Depot in through a drilled hole in the top and just drape the tube across the seat in front of me when I'm riding. No need at all for a bite valve, either. Easy to pull the water up through the tube, and when I release it the water in the tube flows back into the bottle, so there's none in the tube to get hot for the next drink.

p.s. McD's or anyplace that has a help-yourself soda dispenser is a great place to add more water and ice.

FWIW, I did a bunch of looking for those custom style coverings and they were just too pricey. The insulated jugs work quite well - they only come in a couple colors, however.