NAFO, Dates & City Secured!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
900 miles...looks like a daytrip for me. Looks like I'll leave the 18th, spend some quality time in southern Utah and then catch NAFO on the way home. Sounds like a nice 9 day sojourn...

:yahoo: :clapping: :lol: :D :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, on the east end, the road gets into a kind of rythm that encourages you to look forward to the approach of the next corner and successfully dispatch it -- I think that's what tends to (sneakily) fatigue you (or, us, anyway).
Sadly, the east end has been Caltrans'd to the great beyond. The road has been straightened and leveled to a great degree. :(

That is the well known sign on Hwy.36 heading west toward Fortuna just outta Red Bluff, CA.
Yep, I knew even before I posted where Tim got it, and should luck ever place me in Cali. on a sport oriented bike somewhere in the future, that's one road I have every intention of riding... all that being said, the sign still reminds me of someone's lower intestine.... :grin:

As much as I would like to join you at NAFO 2008 my American vacation starts in Joseph, Oregon on Sept. 6. Maybe I'll get a chance to meet a few of you over the 3 weeks I'll be touring the American West.

dave

As much as I would like to join you at NAFO 2008 my American vacation starts in Joseph, Oregon on Sept. 6.
Too bad the dates aren't a bit closer. Tha wold make it the International FJR Owners rather than North American! As the day approaches (at least by the first week of July), you need to post in the "PNW ride planning" (Pacific NorthWest) and see what can be arranged while you're here.
You'll at least get to see some of those riders as they near their homefront.

Well, I for one am bummed. I'm in a position every year where I need to pick vacation time for the whole year in November. Because of the limited number of people allowed gone at one time June, July and August are all locked up. I picked my time off by the "old" date and now I'm screwed. :dribble: Well before you start to think I'm gonna whine about the date changes I'm not. I want to thank Tim and the others for giving us a date as early as they did. I go through this every year and it's just the way my life is. There's nothing worse, as far as I'm concerned, than wanting to go to an event like NAFO and be kept totally in the dark about the dates. Even if it's just a guess it gives those of us who need to plan way ahead something to shoot for. Thanks!

As much as I would like to join you at NAFO 2008 my American vacation starts in Joseph, Oregon on Sept. 6.
Too bad the dates aren't a bit closer. Tha wold make it the International FJR Owners rather than North American! As the day approaches (at least by the first week of July), you need to post in the "PNW ride planning" (Pacific NorthWest) and see what can be arranged while you're here.
You'll at least get to see some of those riders as they near their homefront.
Well I'm sure Thug is coming to make it international...you are coming aren't ya Thug? We'll keep the light on for ya...

Well, I for one am bummed. I'm in a position every year where I need to pick vacation time for the whole year in November. Because of the limited number of people allowed gone at one time June, July and August are all locked up. I picked my time off by the "old" date and now I'm screwed. :dribble: Well before you start to think I'm gonna whine about the date changes I'm not. I want to thank Tim and the others for giving us a date as early as they did. I go through this every year and it's just the way my life is. There's nothing worse, as far as I'm concerned, than wanting to go to an event like NAFO and be kept totally in the dark about the dates. Even if it's just a guess it gives those of us who need to plan way ahead something to shoot for. Thanks!
Two words: Play hooky. ;)

Good for you Rick. No freaking' whining and I'm sorry you won't be able to attend. I will miss not meeting you (assuming I can make it) yet appreciate your wonderful attitude.

Well, I for one am bummed. I'm in a position every year where I need to pick vacation time for the whole year in November. Because of the limited number of people allowed gone at one time June, July and August are all locked up. I picked my time off by the "old" date and now I'm screwed.
Any chance of trading one of the people off the last weekend in July? Maybe a small gratuity of some sort would encourage them to do the right thing.

Just up the road in Ft Collins is the home of Fat Tire and 1554, the New Belgium Brewing Co.
Mmmm...beer. And no trip to the Eastern slope is complete without a run into Idaho Springs for a lunch time feast at Beau Jo's Pizza.
You can eat at the Fort Collins Beau Jos after you take the tour of the New Belgium brewery - Beau Jo's is about 6 blocks away at 100 N College Ave! You don't have to ride to Idaho Springs.

You can wash down your Beau Jo's "mountain pie" with some Fat Tire.

As much as I would like to join you at NAFO 2008 my American vacation starts in Joseph, Oregon on Sept. 6. Maybe I'll get a chance to meet a few of you over the 3 weeks I'll be touring the American West.
dave
Dave, I and other members of Arizona FJR Forum still intend to meet you in Sedona for lunch when you pass through. Don

1700 miles and 25 hours is a straight shot from DC. Hope I can get the time off to head out there!

and when you retire you'll be mocking the rest of us "working-stiffs" and going to whatever FO you want whenever you want :)

Still sucks right now...

1700 miles and 25 hours is a straight shot from DC. Hope I can get the time off to head out there!
Interesting you should say that. That's pretty much what I've been considering since NAFO was announced.

I pass a sign every morning, about 5 miles from my house, that says, well, it doesn't actually talk, you have to read it, anyway, it reads: Denver 1700 Miles.

I've sort of been looking at the ride as a "because it's there" sort of opportunity.

Dave, I and other members of Arizona FJR Forum still intend to meet you in Sedona for lunch when you pass through. Don
Its in the diary. I'm looking forward to meeting you there and the ride down from Flagstaff through Oak Creek looks pretty interesting, and maybe up to Jerome afterwards should we have time.

See you in the Pyrenees before then.

Dave

I'll certainly be posting in the ride planning areas once I have the full itinerary in case anyone wishes to join me for a days riding. Also suggestions on special roads, lunch stops etc would be gratefully received.

Dave

Dang! Cannot this one. Made it to Reno. Missed Utah. Folks, you cannot afford to miss this great group. I will be there. Thanks TWN!

30 minutes from the house. North of Golden there are 5 or 6 canyons, with Golden Gate Canyon about 5 miles north and the last canyon is the Poudre. Some of my favorit stomping grounds.

There are a couple of kick-ass go kart tracks less than an hour from Golden.

Look forward to seeing you in my neck of the woods! Tim, thanks for all your work on this.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.