Penn-Run Group Meet/Ride Mem-Day Wknd '15

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It appears we will have some beautiful weather for the ride up and on Sunday! Packing rain gear forthe ride home Monday.

I have one, does anyone have a spare we could use?
Normally I have lots, finding my stash is the question. For SEO, I brought a vertical/portrait one and I'm the one who made the tags!.... in horizontal/landscape however ;)

BTW- Work sucks twice as much now knowing some of the gang is either there or on the way. Thanks guys

BTW- Work sucks twice as much now knowing some of the gang is either there or on the way. Thanks guys
Sorry dude! Almost makes me want to wait until tomorrow to head down, out of sympathy ...NOT!!!!
bleh.gif

Trevor and I arrived @ 5pm. A 7 hour back roads ride from South of Pittsburgh. BTW, we found out that Hyner Run Road is closed. I'm still uncertain if this affects our Sunday ride.

Laura and I got here just before 9pm. We met Mike (wine guy) on his way back to his room with Pizza Hut leftovers, and found Jeff (FJRPittsburgh) and his son Trevor shortly thereafter. Had a little parking lot social and called it a night. Looking forward to a nice ride tomorrow and the arrival of the rest of you mugs!

Fortunately my grip is stock so no one gave it a second look.
lol2.gif

Got home a couple hours ago and a little bummed it is over so fast. A great weekend, could not have asked for better weather and meeting everyone was just as fun as the ride. Great to put some faces with names/handle from the forum, new and long lasting friendships made for sure. When I have a few minutes I will post the pictures I took.

Helmets off to KJ for putting on a great event!! A lot of work went in to what you did and thank you very much for making my first gathering fantastic!! The road selections you made were beyond fun!! You have set the bar high. Incredible after 30 some years our paths cross again, it was great seeing you again!!

Hope everyone makes it back home safely!!

We just arrived home ourselves. We truly enjoyed ourselves beyond my ability to express. Thank you all, especially KJ for organizing, for making it such a memorable weekend. The roads were excellent, equaled only by the hotel parking lot. We look forward to the next time we cross paths.

And those Beemer guys weren't too bad either....

Trevor and I arrived home safely @ 2pm. The rally was a smashing success. Thanks to KJ for his attention to detail. Thanks to all who attended for making the event so special.

Jeff

Chris and I made it home safe and sound.

It was great catching up with old friends and making new ones. And like littlejon said.

, the Beemer guys are pretty cool too.

I'd just like to thank everyone that attended for making it a memorable Memorial day weekend.

And KJ, two thumbs up for putting this thing togethet!

Made it home safely about 3pm today. Caught a bit of rain, just enough to wash off some of the PA bugs! Another great event! Hats off to KJ for taking the leadership role and pulling this together. Loved the "show and tell" (not sure if you noticed because I am a bit shy). :) Learned lots from everyone. Great to see old friends and watch new ones catch the "bug", eh LittleJon? :)

Always looking forward to seeing everyone again soon! CHEERS!

That may be a bit of an understatement, Mike.

I learned new things about my bike. I learned new things about other bikes (the BMW bat signal was pretty bad-ass). I truly believe I came home a better rider. And I met a bunch of people that I can suddenly call friends.

How could I not be hooked? And as soon as we got home, Mel asked when the next ride is.

Laura and I just rolled into Shinnston, WV, our first vacation stopover. We'll be enjoying some WV sights and roads for the next few days.

We stopped at the Johnstown Flood Memorial Visitor Center on the way and learned a little history too.

KJ, thanks for all the work you put into this weekend. It was fantastic and fun and edumacashunal too! Laura and I had a blast!!

Ok KJ, now you did it...this trip is gonna cost me.

My wife now wants to ride more and go more places by bike. She's hooked.

But as the miles added up my FJR was getting a little uncomfortable for her.

I told her I would look into getting a RDL to replace the Corbin.

She wants me to look into getting a GTL to replace the feejer.

Womeenz!

Last edited by a moderator:
Derrick and I got home a couple hours ago. Took a little detour to Somerville NJ to watch the Tour of Somerville bike (bicycle!) races. Great weekend all around...the roads, weather, after-party...all first rate.

Had a great time meeting new friends and putting faces to screen names I feel like I've known forever. Special thanks to KJ for putting it all together. It couldn't have run smoother. And thanks to Dan for dragging us around on Sunday and showing us a few of the more interesting nooks and crannies out there.

Hope to see everybody again soon!

Back home safely Sun ~3pm, Mike (the Wine Guy) and I made a windy route back up North, once up into NY it became ho-hum however. Then, more fun (not), I mowed my 2+ acres did laundry etc.

------------------

First off... What a GREAT TIME I had with (ALL) awesome people. We had such a diverse group age wise (with 3 being under the age of 21 and 2 riding their own bikes!) ...but all seemed to hang just fine with us old pharts; riding and socializing.

Speaking of diverse, the mix of bike brands was so kewl, we got to mingle between groups which weren't really "groups" at all (normally you get "clicks" or more non-sociable bunches... but, not here!!. I really felt like it was one big happy family, and, I would like to thank everyone for making this long weekend event happen! It's the people who attend who make this successful, and we just had all great peeps!. TY!

I'll post a Ride Report in a day or so, I have to recover at work first
wink.gif

-KJ

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts