Penn-Run Group Meet/Ride Mem-Day Wknd '15

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had some folks ask if I was going to make a sig-icon for this^ event?? ... so, I must ask then.... Does Howdy Doody have wooden balls?
howdy2.jpg

...lmao! Yes, of course!... I'm the graphics King! (at least in my own lil mind!)
wink.png
and, since I feel Wellsboro (itself) is such a fine piece to this puzzle... it gets some recognition and love!
smile.png

You should host these on your own server or photobucket etc. (do not direct-link to these below image paths, they are not going to last!).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

50x50

PennRun15_sigicon_zpsb4mfhpty.gif

Temp Image Link: https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m215/gokartsrus/Banners/PennRun15_sigicon_zpsb4mfhpty.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

100x50 including SEO (for those who attended that as well)... and would like to save more space for future events/rallys n meets in their sig line... there's tricks to do this
smile.png

E_zpsjlamsnat.gif

Temp Image Link: https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m215/gokartsrus/Banners/E_zpsjlamsnat.gif

Hope you guys n gals likey.

bye.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very disappointed you all had such a good time. You make me feel like i missed something. Work is so frustrating some times :)

Seriously glad you all had a great time and I am very sorry I had to miss it, So when is the next ride on a Canadian holiday?

KJ are you up for planning a Muskoka ride? I would be happy to assist in making it happen.

Anyone interested in doing a Muskoka weekend?

Count me in for Muskoka Tim. If there is some interest, perhaps a new topic should be created in the Canada section of the Ride Planning forum.

And now I know that Muskoka is 192 miles from home. An easy ride for me. I'll get my passport ready.

OK thats 3 in so far and I look forward to meeting you LittleJon. I know WNYFJR was also interested in doing a ride to that area. When KJ finally responds we just might have to organize a ride and start a new thread.

OK thats 3 in so far and I look forward to meeting you LittleJon. I know WNYFJR was also interested in doing a ride to that area. When KJ finally responds we just might have to organize a ride and start a new thread.
I'll whip it up! (or help if another soul steps up). Start another thread on it and I'll coordinate/volunteer to Rally Master the get-together. I already have passport (of course).

/...working on getting some PR15 photo's up here right now

PR15 Photo/RR by TS1 (other tag-on's welcomed!)

So being a short weekend and utilizing the Holiday Monday as our ride-home day, kinda makes the schedule a bit different. Nothing we all couldn't deal with, but, a few decided to come a day early (Friday) and make this a full Monte long Weekend. Next year... I will make this an option in the lodging within the website, and I just may have to follow suite cuz like who doesn't want 1 more day of fun!.

Coming in Sat (for me and most anyways) I greeted most in the covered entrance way to the Hotel. Here Steve (pista) is showing his wife the difference between the assorted models coming in.

DSC01422_zpsbfu8kht6.jpg

I did say assorted didn't I? a 16,12 and a Suzuki 550 ridden proudly by Derrick, son of Scott (SCB)

DSC01426_zps8l6fhv9r.jpg

Rick (Pura Vida) decides it's time to get nekkid!

DSC01425_zpskexjjr3r.jpg

Sunday was (split up into groups) and Ride Day. Everyone took advantage of the Hotels free breakfast, the French Toast and Sausage did the fix for me and well, I was looking forward to "the Hanger-9" for our lunch stop anyways.

DSC01431_zpsz1iomow0.jpg

Groups moving out, what a beautiful day it was!....

DSC01432_zpsdxibhurp.jpg

I was to lead a little more spirited group. Dean (deang) decided he wanted in w me...

DSC01433_zpsuo3ao4ff.jpg

So trying to keep groups at or around 4-5 bikes, my group was at 4 (but we later will have a tag-along to make it 5)...

KJ (not pic'd) | Rick | Dean | Jon & Melanie <also our day long riding order>

DSC01434_zpsdd4l6wxj.jpg

I chose the CCW 186mi loop for my group, shorter than last years but running these roads many of times, I knew they were really nice M/C roads. In chosing; my reasoning was simple.... Rte 6 is smooth, slow(er) w rolling easy seeps, and the most boring part of the loop. Why not get that over with in the morning segment ...like .when we were all still waking up.

Hyner%20Haven%20186_zps9ag3vfwi.jpg

Hyner-View was our 1st pre-planned stop on the loop, where we met another one of our groups ...getting some love from the peeps
smile.png

DSC01436_zps7chbzl3b.jpg

Roads were just getting warmed up!

DSC01463_zpsifiuq6vk.jpg

We managed-in some brief leg stretchers

DSC01466_zpsbjlbj2la.jpg

Walking up to the view ledge, I love the look of the newbies faces. If you don't hear at least 10 "Wows!" something is wrong, but, I did hear them... love the Newbs!

DSC01441_zpstqxzrizi.jpg

DSC01445_zps76tnm5df.jpg

DSC01438_zpsw453vtm6.jpg

Catching the thermo-clines bouncing of the mountain walls, these guys literally "climb" and gain altitude. On a right day, an all day ride is easily obtained. Yes, we chatted with some of them.

DSC01439_zpsrna7cesq.jpg

Here we have a guy wheeling in his rig and starting to unpack. They have a campsite on the bottom of the mountain where they stay the weekend. They use SUV's to transport them up the mountain btw. This guy here told me he was in for a 2 hr ride, then back down for Beer-30. Hmmm?, that all sounded all to familiar!

DSC01446_zps7zrsqtnm.jpg

Dan (DUSAK) who was there with another group, along with my 3 Newb's in awe... Rick splashing some humor on Jon & Melanie

DSC01449_zpsw7baxcgq.jpg

DSC01450_zps1rscalla.jpg

Lunchtime I had wanted to revisit a place me and my good bud Robert visited when scouting this area. We had wings then, I had wings again. Awesome. The Hanger-9 Restaurant/Bar in Lock Haven PA.

DSC01453_zpsojyovjs6.jpg

Upon walking in, I hear this "Hey! KJ!, over here!". It was John & Michelle (aka Mick) from Hershey PA. They couldn't make it this year (did last year) but decided to ad-lib and intercept us on my pre-planned lunch stop (see... being a big mouth and telling your plans on the Internet does have it's advantages! Yahooooie, I love these guys! Awesome and they join us on lunch and want to ride the SE portion of the loop with us.

Our group has grown to 5 bikes. Perfect, still not too big
smile.png

DSC01451_zpsunlvfh5n.jpg

After re-joining PA44 for the most exciting fast paced part, we then said goodbye to John and Mick, and then got ready for the adventure part of the loop (AKA 414). Here Melanie is snapping one of the sausage crew...

DSC01457_zps9nulpr2s.jpg

DSC01458_zpsxylsu7cw.jpg

Jon & Melanie saying "wow, I never knew there was this good a stuff in neighboring PA!"

DSC01461_zpsunaidtrl.jpg

DSC01460_zpsczbt4acy.jpg

And then we get the party rafters... we gave them some hoots n hollars, they returned it 10X louder. Hmmm?, I wonder if that was booze in those containers?
wink.png

DSC01459_zpsri4lltnu.jpg

Being one of the first groups back (and on purpose, after hearing it in SEO on how I was always the last to the party!)... my group grabbed quick showers and quickly whipped up happy hour... FJR-K16 Style!

DSC01467_zpswd03dv6n.jpg

DSC01468_zps8ynnrmhi.jpg

Still waiting for the other groups to come back..... man! now I know why I was bitched at during SEO!
wink.png

DSC01469_zpsij738krc.jpg

Jeff (JDPalmer) from NJ (and yes Dan, one of the NJ A-holes from last year!) brought an assortment of exotic meats/jerky like Kangaroo, Pheasant, Alligator (and another 1 or 2 that i forgot) for our Sun Nite parking lot appetizer. Kinda kewl and interesting sampling all that good stchuff washed down with some exotic beers! Thanks Jeff!
smile.png

DSC01471_zpszd1w3lfp.jpg

Having learned from last nights dinner at the Steak House (and seeing/hearing that 50 Harley guys had a reservation)... I had called earlier that day for reservations from 25 at the Italian rest. in town. The nice lady said no problem, we'll give you a room to yourselves! Some of our groups tables, and/incl the newly transitioned "Martini Group"

DSC01472_zpsjva60nqz.jpg

DSC01474_zpsqdulbhp9.jpg

DSC01473_zpsgin7r3jq.jpg

Waking up that morning (no hangovers), what another glorious day! I must personally thank the weather Gods this year... more than kind enough!
smile.png
...packing up is always the sad part... Some guys like Jeff (FJRPittsburgh) and Trevor, Scott (SCB) and Derrick so I missed saying goodbye to them
sad.png
they had to bolt out early AM.

DSC01475_zpsypx9rnuw.jpg

My overall observations....

-People. People. Wonderful and colorful (some say mostly me on the color part lol) but, to all who made this event so great. TY!

-Weather. Who could ask for anything better!?

-Riding. If you know what to pick, roads are excellent down here. The one's who snub it?, just don't really know and are amateurs at best (only cuz of closed minds!)

-Location. THE BEST! Second to none. And I know I talked about moving our Memorial Day Wknd ride?... well we'll see, it's tough to beat this area.

-----------------------------------

I want to put out a appreciation to the other Group leaders. Thank you for taking and leading your groups. I heard all positives upon return so that's a very good thang!

Also want to thank Scott (SCB) for picking up my dinner tab at the Steak House Sat nite. Very kind and generous of you
smile.png
TY!

...Plus Mike the Wine Guy, he bought lunch on the return trip home up in Mt. Morris NY before we split our ways for home.

Overall, I could not have asked for a better or more friendlier group. At many of these gatherings, you get "clicks" or remote groups within the group... not here! No way!, this was just one big happy family and that alone was pretty gratifying for myself. Now throw in the mix that half were FJR riders, the other half as K16 riders... even that much more impressive. I will look forward to next years Memorial Day Wknd Run... where ever it may be, and Wellsboro will be VERY hard to beat!

-KJ

PS -If you had half as much fun as everyone said they did.... reserve your 2016 Memorial Day Weekend for this! ...at least on your calendar and I promise you it will be well worth your time
smile.png

Well done, KJ. Once again, thank you. This ride opened our eyes to the joy to be had. I expect many more rides, and many more friends made, but this will forever be my first. And nobody ever forgets their first...

Ok here is my two cents worth of pictures I took. It was a great weekend and as always happens ends way to quickly. I had a great time and looking forward to the next one alot.

When I arrived beers were already open and socializing was well underway.

Wellsboro%20PA%20Arrived%205-23-15.jpg

Couple shots of the view from our first stop. Help me out a little KJ, did you say it was Hymen Point?? My short term memory is shot.
whistle.gif

Hynel%20Point%201%20Wellsboro%20PA%205-24-15.jpg

Hynel%20Point%202%20Wellsboro%20PA%205-24-15.jpg

Few more I took while we were there. Pretty cool to watch these guys climb when they hit the thermals and we had a front row seat.

Hynel%20Point%20Take%20Off%205-24-15.jpg

Hynel%20Point%20Fly%205%205-24-15.jpg

Hynel%20Point%20Fly%203%205-24-15.jpg

Hynel%20Point%20Fly%206%205-24-15.jpg

Hynel%20Point%20Fly%204%205-24-15.jpg

Hynel%20Point%20Fly%202%205-24-15.jpg

Hynel%20Point%20Fly%201%205-24-15.jpg

In addition to taking in the great view we were talking about how much fun the ride has been.

Group%201%20Hynel%20Point%20Wellsboro%20PA%205-24-15.jpg

Group%202%20Hynel%20Point%20Wellsboro%20PA%205-24-15.jpg

After lunch in the Hanger 9 parking lot.

Hanger%209%20parking%20lot%20after%20lunch%205-24-15.jpg

KJ, Rick, Me and Jon were the first ones back after a absolute great day of riding. Weather was perfect!! Just for notation purposes KJ and Rick washed their bikes after we got back.
smile.png

First%20to%20arrive%20back%20Wellsboro%20PA%205-24-15.jpg

If you didn't know it, seeing all of us sitting around talking someone would think we had been getting together like this for years. Friendships were made fast and will be long lasting I'm sure. Then walking down the street a little later for dinner. Great riding, great people, talking over dinner and cold beer, it doesn't get any better than that.
smile.png

Post%20Ride%20Meeting%20Wellsboro%20PA%205-24-15.jpg

Trying to get a little artsy with taking pictures of the bikes lined up.

Line%20up%203%20Wellsboro%20PA%205-24-15.jpg

Line%20up%202%20Wellsboro%20PA%205-24-15.jpg

Line%20up%201%20Wellsboro%20PA%205-24-15.jpg

For the last shot. I have never been to a town that used gas lights on their Main St. before. It was pretty cool to see.

Gas%20Light%20that%20lines%20Main%20St%20Wellsboro%20PA%205-24-15.jpg

I'm not very poetic so I'll keep it simple, thank you everyone for making my first ride/get together simply fantastic!! I am looking forward to the next one very much!!

Nice job KJ and Dean on the show and tell. I can understand pictures. What a great event. So, are we sticking to Wellsboro next year? Whether we do or move on to another venue, I'll be there. What a perfect group of riders.

Had a great time. I haven't been to the area for some time

and was pleasantly surprised to see how well its recovering

from the fracking and drilling trucks.

I'd welcome a return to Wellsboro next year.

Thanks everybody.

When Trevor and I arrived home on Monday afternoon, I felt a little more whipped than usual. I went to work the next day and experienced a nagging cough. That evening, I developed a high fever and missed the next 3 days of work. How was that for timing? Feeling a little better now, but not 100%. It must have been some kind of weird flu or something. Oh well, bring on Tech Day next weekend!

It's January, and therefore time to put in PTO requests at my work. So I took a trip down memory lane. Just wondering if we'll be heading to Pennsylvania again Memorial Day 2016. Because I've already put in for the 27th off.

Great idea Jon, I think we will have to wait a little while, KJ our fearless organizer is hard at work building a website for somebody. Hopefully once that is completed he will let us know if he will get it started again.

Somebody should help him get his priorities straight. This is waaaaay more important than work.

Agreed. The disappearing act has to end for KJ. Penn Run is too important. We only have 5 months or so to get this thing organized.
smile.png
I know Little Jon has a soft place in his heart for this rally. So do many of us.