Penn-Run Group Ride/Meet Mem. Day Weekend 2016

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleJon

Farting Brisket Sprinkles
Reaction score
Ok, folks, I'm getting antsy.

It is a holiday weekend, after all, and who knows what hotel availability will be...

I will be more than happy to call the hotel to reserve a block of rooms, hopefully at a discounted rate. But I don't want to make the call for Wellsboro on my own. Mel and I will happily return there.

I just want to be sure we weren't leaning towards another location. Feel free to post up your input. If we're going back to Wellsboro, I'll call by the end of the week to reserve a block.

Thank you in advance.

Looks like KJ's out for this year.

But I'm in if this is moving forward.

I had a great time last year.

I say let's make this happen.

I am keeping an eye on this. I'm good with Wellsboro or Clearfield.

As for KJ, been a while since I've seen him post here. The last time that happened he was super busy at work,.....then again that burger could be still be messing up his internals.
smile.png
I'll shoot him a PM to see what he's up to.

KJ was nice enough to post his schedule:

May 26-30 Ad-lib Bike trip down to Concord NC, then take in the (Nascar) Coca-cola 600 w local friends.

So no KJ for the Penn Run this year.

Come on Jon, call it!

Shit, you're waiting on me? I gave Mel the rundown yesterday, and spelled out our options. If I were to chose, I'd go with Wellsboro, for one because there are already documented/saved routes, and for two, it was awesome.

That being said, one of the 2 of the options I laid out would take us to points elsewhere, with other friends. We'll be spending most of this weekend with those friends (we've been planning on pooling garden bounties and jarring spaghetti sauce for nearly a year, and the stars have finally aligned), so I would expect to have our plans straight by Sunday.

But in all fairness, if it's left to me, and we end up in Wellsboro, I'm just going to say we're gonna go, and hope to see everyone there. That kinda leaves it open for anybody else to step in and pick a spot. If anyone else does make a call, and make a reservation anywhere that weekend, Wellsboro or otherwise, we'll follow, assuming that's the call we make. If we ride, I'm open to other spots. If I'm the first to pick, it'll be Wellsboro.

That settles it. I'm in.

I'll second the motion for Wellboro for Memorial Day weekend.

All in favor say "aye".

Now what was the name of that motel?

I need to make a reservation.

Ok, We're going. Just have to look at the hotel option there. I remember it being right next door. If I'm not mistaken there was a pirate party there that weekend last year. I have no issue with that.

Ok, We're going. Just have to look at the hotel option there. I remember it being right next door. If I'm not mistaken there was a pirate party there that weekend last year. I have no issue with that.
Yes Pirate party every year for that weekend but a good bunch of guys all out to enjoy the ride.

My thought on Clearfield was you can always run modifications of the same routes, only backwards so you're not bored with doing the same thing all the time...... and different eating establishments.

I hadn't thought of that, Ray. I don't feel comfortable organizing routes yet, and defaulting to Wellsboro was the "safe" move for me. This is going to be less formal than last year. I haven't reserved a block of rooms. In fact I haven't even made reservations for myself yet. No registration, no name tags, etc, at least coming from me. I don't have the time, knowledge, skills or resources for that kind of thing. I just want to get together and ride. My heart is set on getting on the bike and riding, hopefully with a couple like minded riders on some fantastic roads. Beyond that, I'm a "go with the flow" kind of guy.

This looks like it could be interesting (lots of good folks tuned in)...I'll have to keep an eye on this thread.

Damnit...I guess I'll need a bike first.
weirdsmiley.gif