Reuben Run 6

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's on my calendar... will have to see what life has in store for me in the next few months but I'd like to make it.
cool.png
Ditto!

Best Western Newberry Station again as last year? I couldn't book a (2) queen on the Best Western website, but I called and scored a room.

Was having my weekly Reuben today and Joel told me that he just bought a trailer mounted BBQ/ smoker based on a 500 gallon propane tank. It's wood and gas fired. He will be doing our dinner on site this year. I'm still thinking prime rib but this could offer some other ideas.
I've been to a few events where they will do a whole pig on such a trailer. It does take all day, but doesn't require all that much babysitting.

Damn near summer so time to get this rolling. Checked with the hotel and there are still available rooms so get signed up. The eclipse crowds will be gone and the roads will be ours. Not sure of the menu but it will be good. See you there.

Damn near summer so time to get this rolling. Checked with the hotel and there are still available rooms so get signed up. The eclipse crowds will be gone and the roads will be ours. Not sure of the menu but it will be good. See you there.
Hoping we can make this one. Been too long between reubens
smile.png

Just got too many things going right now.

smile.png

Just point that spyder north and leave the rest behind.
smile.png
punk.gif

smile.png

smile.png
punk.gif
Is there a discount code, Ray ?

Last edited by a moderator:
smile.png

smile.png
punk.gif
Is there a discount code, Ray ?

No particular code just make sure you tell them it's for the RR and the group rate will apply

Ok, so Iḿ new here....... Ray, what exactly is the Reuben Run? I get the general gist of it, but help the FNG out here??

Ok, so Iḿ new here....... Ray, what exactly is the Reuben Run? I get the general gist of it, but help the FNG out here??
The Reuben Run started 6 years ago as a hair brained idea of mine. The plan was to have a RTE (ride to eat) to the Harvest Depot restaurant in Lapine because the Reuben they serve is the best anywhere IMHO. I was hoping a few forum folks would show up and it got a little out of control because close to 70 showed up. My wife and daughters helped out and we had a great time.

It has turned into a weekend event with 30-40 showing up each year. We usually do a catered dinner on Saturday. When not hanging out people get out and terrorize the great roads we have here in central Oregon. Folks from all over the states and Canada come for the fun and frolic. Make sure to join in.

We are going to try and make it, but not sure if we can get anymore time off. Dang work always gets in the way of fun.
Work IS a four letter word.
smile.png
I never wanted to get hurt to retire early but it has allowed for some adventures.

Ray, I just booked too, but the youngster on the desk seemed a little confused about the whole thing, and then she said there was a note that you had booked a block of rooms for the 14th through the 17th--Thursday through Sunday? But is it starting Friday for sure? Otherwise, I'd have to hang around with you for a whole extra day. You need to train those people, Ray.

Ray, I just booked too, but the youngster on the desk seemed a little confused about the whole thing, and then she said there was a note that you had booked a block of rooms for the 14th through the 17th--Thursday through Sunday? But is it starting Friday for sure? Otherwise, I'd have to hang around with you for a whole extra day. You need to train those people, Ray.
Most of the entitled generation in Lapine are confused. I blocked rooms starting the 14th cause some folks come early and I wanted them to get the cheaper rate. I will make one more attempt to educate them. You could hang out with far worse, I think?? :) :)

Latest posts