Save The Date - NERDS '13

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hate all cameras. Since you've seen my ugly mug you know the real reason why.

And yes, Billy Fitter is totally F'd this time. He should just start saving up now for the NERDS screw ups next year.

Well, except for Steamer's, 'cause he's got AFLAC.

9409536-large.jpg

I had a great time at NERDS this year, as always. Many thanks to the organizers once again for pulling it together. I am looking forward to reading Fred's post about what to expect for next year.

Regarding the crash in the notch, I do not blame the camera any more than I blame the photog's on the Dragon for the crashes that occur there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Fred! My family and I had a great time. Great location, roads, and folks. Looking forward to next year!

George

Arrived back in Beautiful Downtown Bowmanville yesterday afternoon after staying over at KJ's Sunday night. A few of us went into Geneva for dinner at a local Irish pub and then returned to KJ's place. Stanley had popped over and had a campfire going in the firepit and we spent the rest of the evening recapping the events of the past week.

Regarding the crash in the notch, I do not blame the camera any more than I blame the photog's on the Dragon for the crashes that occur there.
I read some of the comments and I believe some people have the wrong perception of what occurred. We took a slow ride over the Notch from NERDS as a sighting run to see if it was too crowded at the top and to see if there were going to be any other issues on the road. Before we started the camera we had a conversation about the pace and I told Dan I wanted him just ride his normal pace. The idea was to film the scenery and the proximity of the boulders to the road using Dan's bike as a reference point, not to see how fast we could go through there. At least that was my intent.

PS - I made the offer to pay for the damages for the FJR I fell into in the parking lot and I saved Charlie's Kawi from going over and continuing the game of motorcycle dominos so I don't know how I became the whipping boy this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS - I made the offer to pay for the damages for the FJR I fell into in the parking lot and I saved Charlie's Kawi from going over and continuing the game of motorcycle dominos so I don't know how I became the whipping boy this year.
Somebody has to be the whipping boy and you're easy to catch with that gimpy leg.

It was a pleasure meeting every one. My wife and I had a great time. Just got home about 2 hours ago. Long trip but definitely worth it.

Would like to thank Fred for all the hard work setting this up. It was great meeting everyone and riding on some fantastic roads. What a great way to get introduced to New England. Couple of key learnings: don't park by door unless you want to be head domino, guys with casts on their legs can't jump, get extra screws for windscreen as they apparently strip out popping off windscreen, Nerds are resourceful and extremely helpful, you can fix anything with duct tape, epoxy putty, and wire ties. Most New England roads that are really fun have cars, tar strips, or heaved pavement, sometimes all at same time; new guys are welcome; and there will always be helpers to assure no beer gets left behind the last night.

Thanks aging everyone - it was great making new friends, discovering new roads, and new riding partners.

Latest posts