SE Ohio Spring Ramble - 3-5 May 2013 - Marietta, Ohio Microtel Inn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Home. Could not have asked for a better weekend. What a great time, except for the roads being so boring.

Where are the pictures?

I think Jim and I are the last to roll in? Left at 6am this morning and rolled in at 7:15pm

Here's my ride report:

Feck YA!

Ouch.

Pics to follow.

I think you guys are the last ones in. My RR follows the same general outline except for the 'ouch'. I even got to play in the rain this morning with the chi-town crew.

I rolled in at 6:45pm after 11 1/2 hours. Had a great time. Loved tearing up those FSB roads with some really good riders. A+++ mini rally.

Good to see you John and to hear you're home as well.

I think the only traveler still on the road is rayzerman - he should be home tonight I think.

I rolled in at 6:45pm after 11 1/2 hours. Had a great time. Loved tearing up those FSB roads with some really good riders. A+++ mini rally.

Got home last night at 7:45pm (1060m)...one hr in the rain. Lost about 45 min in a traffic jam. Had a great time seeing/riding with old friends and meeting new ones.
thumbsup.gif
yahoo.gif

Im bummed out I missed the ride. Couldnt get off work Friday night even though they didn't need me. Then I figured I could at least make the Ohio Riders Groups ride which was meeting at 11:00., Then my daughter says she wants to spend the day with me..... How can a Dad say no to that? I am going to do some of those routes in the near future.

Im bummed out I missed the ride. Couldnt get off work Friday night even though they didn't need me. Then I figured I could at least make the Ohio Riders Groups ride which was meeting at 11:00., Then my daughter says she wants to spend the day with me..... How can a Dad say no to that? I am going to do some of those routes in the near future.
Let me know when you want to head down that way for a day ride

amishfjr Ed here - returned home to PA Amishland sunday with a seriously worn tire. sorry to miss sunday but was right decision - but missing sunday will bring me back next year. a few pics on my flickr account https://www.flickr.com/photos/edgriffis/ really enjoyed meeting everyone and some again. very happy to see the other ST bikes. groups out east here typically include lots of brands.

if anyone creates an signature icon id be interested. really enjoyed saturday - watching the extreme marine disappear around the curves of SE OH. i hope to see some of you at CATS and DAKS as well as NERDS if things work out. Come east and join us.

I think you both have my bike confused with another black FJR with a Givi top box and an aerostitch Mr. Happy puppet zip tied to the license plate... There were quite a few in Marietta last weekend...

really enjoyed saturday - watching the extreme marine disappear around the curves of SE OH.
Hum. Must've stopped for lunch if you saw it more than once
biggrin.png

He does the same thing to me.

A few pictures...

alot of bikes in the parking lot for this little ol Ramble...

Some of the characters...

Nate/Bluebullet

My buddy petey...always love ridin in petey's group

Marty/0Face likes petey, too. Petey puts up with alot.
biggrin.png

Ride master extrememarine tellin' me to get my cheet together so we can head on out Saturday morning...

Overlook on the Ramble east route (y'all did go to the overlook, right?)

I see someone got to the Big Bucket..."Big Muskie"

Yeah...there are people inside that Bucket...nod if you can see 'em...

Yeah, three of my best buds, Wayne/extrememarine, petey, and griff admiring the cleanest bike in the parking lot...

Okay...maybe they weren't...maybe griff is trying to get the replacement bulb into my headlight...

Wayne "laying hands" on my bike...praying that it makes it home...

Four friends coming back from a great mexican dinner. Good hotel spot...lots of restaurants (and beer) nearby...

See Louanne...I was at the Ramble, really I was!

Sorry I didn't check in. So freakin' bored, I fell asleep right after I got home Monday at noon, 2500 kms. total for 5 days...... plus us old farts need our afternoon naps.......

Good to see you John and to hear you're home as well.

I think the only traveler still on the road is rayzerman - he should be home tonight I think.