2016 SEOR Details

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rolled in the house about 1500 today. It was a cold wet ride home, but still enjoyed it.

We had a great day Monday with Pants and Mike riding WV. Pants got to talk to Martians.

If it wasn't mentioned before, Joe and Mike did an awesome job of the Saturday nite pizza and beer!! And then there was the entertainment by the Blanchard Brothers... Three Stooges.
I gotta say you boys are good at keeping at SEOR what happened at SEOR, but I'll rat myself out..... further inspection after my 'incident' reveals the paper thin mirror stay is broken on both sides and the 'imperfections' now on the root beer fairing will not buff out, left mirror took it hard..... at least we got that over with. Bungie and I are working a deal for some FZ1 mirrors..... So T-Rex bars will not prevent a roll-over when your footpeg feeler is stuck inside your shoe and you pull the bike over on yourself....... thanks to all who tried to save her on the way down........
+1 on the canyon cages/sliders etc not preventing a rollover that breaks the mirror subframe. I've got that problem from a tipover a few weeks ago. I broke the other side about a year ago when a cager knocked my '14 GenIII over. You can't win.

Cager's insurance paid last year and a shop did the work, but I'm on my own this time. The plan is to modify the broken subframe with an aluminum plate that will attach to it with a long screw that has a spring so it can pivot when needed, but is firm enough to keep the mirror from vibrating. Will see how it goes.

Norm

Mike and I had another nice day. We hiked in Grayson highlands state park virginia this morning, then ride in and out of the rain into Tennessee. It dried off just enougH for us to ride over Roan mountain, but the clouds blocked most of the view.

Now hoteled in Burnsville, NC. I fear we may not camp at all this trip. When the weather was good for camping, we had other plans and when we could camp, the weather would not cooperate.

Regardless - it's all good

Mikep and I are winding it up. We left deals gap this morning and did our best to dodge the rain coming from the west and southwest. We failed miserably. 450 miles later we are dry, but our nerves are pretty shot. Now hoteled in Columbus, ms and we are fixin to go grab a bite to eat.

It's been about 2750 miles so far. Another 400-ish tomorrow and another adventure will be done. It's been great - it always is.

Not too many pictures on this trip but I should be able to throw together a ride report.

Here's my video compilation of some of the flat, straight, boring roads of SEOhio ridden during the Ramble.

I am trying to find decent words to describe the weekend, and it's tough.

I had a great time. It was nice to chat with many of you.

And for those who missed this spectacular event- shame on you.
wink.png

Let the good times roll, folks!!

Awesome recap - hearing the pitter-patter of the rain at 0:37...that was all your idea...

Here's my video compilation of some of the flat, straight, boring roads of SEOhio ridden during the Ramble.

I am trying to find decent words to describe the weekend, and it's tough.

I had a great time. It was nice to chat with many of you.

And for those who missed this spectacular event- shame on you.
wink.png

Let the good times roll, folks!!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="wheatonFJR" data-cid="1312518" data-time="1463963317"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Tommy Kay" data-cid="1312516" data-time="1463962623"><p><br />

Why in the world did you ride through Newark?</p></blockquote>Nerk?</p></blockquote>

You get it. Yes Yes yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent video!!

One problem however, those roads must have been over in West Virginia, because only flat, boring , straight roads exist in SEO.

Well done Julie!

That was great video. I am impressed with the quality. Also, what kind of radio were you guys talking on? Or was that just the sena?

Bike to Bike was via a Motorola MU350R Bluetooth'd to Julie's Sena with a wired PTT. My bike has a Motorola Talkabout GMRS piped into my helmet via Starcom1 Advance with PTT in the OE flash to pass blank.

That was great video. I am impressed with the quality. Also, what kind of radio were you guys talking on? Or was that just the sena?