2016 SEOR Details

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Congratulations to you and yer kin!

(but it's no excuse unless the Dr. signs the slip o paper)"

I can get that.
smile.png

Funny story.

He had a bad car crash last week and cracked his sternum. It totaled his POS Honda.

He asked me if I had any Advil or Aleve right after graduation.

I told him, now that he's a Dr. he can write a prescription for anything he wants.

Get some good stuff!.. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate that missed this ride, but I'm proud that I had a one time event to attend.I thought about bragging in a new thread, but decided to keep it low key in a more personal thread, and I picked this one..
smile.png

There's a doctor in the house...

My excused absence slip I hope...

13178979_10206565663601407_8855423232355981734_n_zpsgoufnbra.jpg
Congrats...reasonable excuse

Awesome pictures!! Thanks Tom, I'm going to get a couple printed for the guest book today and get it on it's way...

Wayne

Home safe, and wanted to post the group shots from the SEOR. Taken indoors on Saturday night due to uncooperative weather. We went from sunshine and 80s on Thursday, to rain and wind on Saturday and cold Sunday in the 40s. Good riding for those willing.
The entire picture library is here if you want to grab or post a photo. https://s68.photobucket.com/user/Cirquerider/library/2016/2019-05-15%20SEOR?sort=3&page=1

DSC_2387%20Copy.jpg

DSC_2385%20Copy.jpg

DSC_2382%20Copy.jpg

DSC_2379%20Copy.jpg

DSC_2378%20Copy.jpg

DSC_2392%20Copy.jpg

"Congratulations to you and yer kin!
(but it's no excuse unless the Dr. signs the slip o paper)"

I can get that.
smile.png

Funny story.

He had a bad car crash last week and cracked his sternum. It totaled his POS Honda.

He asked me if I had any Advil or Aleve right after graduation.

I told him, now that he's a Dr. he can write a prescription for anything he wants.

Get some good stuff!.. lol
Funny in a bad car crash sorta way...I assume that is some sorta typical goober joke.
biggrin.png

Are you sure he and you are related?...I mean is there a birth certificate and everything? Just checkin.
biggrin.png

Congrats again. You must be very proud. I am proud of each of my kids...but I doubt anyone of them will be called Doctor.

Got back home yesterday at 6:45 pm, 11.5 hours door to door, about half the distance Bungie did in the same time. We are so slow!

Brian made the last 300 miles back with the cords showing on the rear tire, he wasn't worried in the least.

In five days we put on 1695 miles of mostly back road riding and only got rained on for 15 minutes on Sunday, so it was great weather as far as Brian and I were concerned. The Saturday morning rain gave us a needed break to do some shopping along with Gray Ray. We rode with Bungie, Saturday and Sunday, and it was good the see he hadn't lost his skills after all that slabing.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Ramble, meeting old and new faces, and look forward to the next one in 2017!

Great to see so many new faces! And, maybe, a couple of familiar ones as well.

I'm callin' BS on Petey being there. He's not in Tom's group picture. Unless he's going all ninja (again) and is in the Yuengling can or something.

Great to see so many new faces! And, maybe, a couple of familiar ones as well.I'm callin' BS on Petey being there. He's not in Tom's group picture. Unless he's going all ninja (again) and is in the Yuengling can or something.
Petey was there and I rode with him Friday. He may have already been sleeping Saturday night since (I think) he left at 2am Sunday!

Got back home yesterday at 6:45 pm, 11.5 hours door to door, about half the distance Bungie did in the same time. We are so slow!
Brian made the last 300 miles back with the cords showing on the rear tire, he wasn't worried in the least.

In five days we put on 1695 miles of mostly back road riding and only got rained on for 15 minutes on Sunday, so it was great weather as far as Brian and I were concerned. The Saturday morning rain gave us a needed break to do some shopping along with Gray Ray. We rode with Bungie, Saturday and Sunday, and it was good the see he hadn't lost his skills after all that slabing.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Ramble, meeting old and new faces, and look forward to the next one in 2017!
Ya, I might have did twice the distance, but I bet you had 10x the fun on the way home.

I couldn't believe how fast that Pirelli on Johns bike went away. I had a suspicion if you guys did backroads on the way home, it'd be done like dinner by the time you got home.

No matter, it was worth the 24hrs of slab running time to see all the hooligans again. You and Brain rode 'the pace' for two days. Well, except when we were trying to ditch Wayne :D Great time!

If it wasn't mentioned before, Joe and Mike did an awesome job of the Saturday nite pizza and beer!! And then there was the entertainment by the Blanchard Brothers... Three Stooges.

I gotta say you boys are good at keeping at SEOR what happened at SEOR, but I'll rat myself out..... further inspection after my 'incident' reveals the paper thin mirror stay is broken on both sides and the 'imperfections' now on the root beer fairing will not buff out, left mirror took it hard..... at least we got that over with. Bungie and I are working a deal for some FZ1 mirrors..... So T-Rex bars will not prevent a roll-over when your footpeg feeler is stuck inside your shoe and you pull the bike over on yourself....... thanks to all who tried to save her on the way down........

Ray, the pizza and beer party was organized Stephen Blanchard and me...but there were a few other folks that contributed $$, to help fund the festivities. Sorry about the broken sub-frame...I wasn't gonna bring that up

Great to see so many new faces! And, maybe, a couple of familiar ones as well.I'm callin' BS on Petey being there. He's not in Tom's group picture. Unless he's going all ninja (again) and is in the Yuengling can or something.
Petey was there and I rode with him Friday. He may have already been sleeping Saturday night since (I think) he left at 2am Sunday!
^^^^^

That's right!

sounds like everyone had a great time - good to read this.

MIkep1300 and I are about 1750 miles in and having a great trip. We have had a few challenges. Mike low sided somewhere in north Georgia on Saturday. Slow speed, not hurt. Bike is typical shit - bent mirror tab and a little rash. We made an emergency repair and he is still riding.

Sunday - I passed up a turn and decided to turn around on a steep incline. Bad idea - tipped the bike over in the middle of the road. Little rash on the mirror and left bag - will need some Garauld love when j get home. Oh well - can't do anything about it now. If I stayed home, the bike would still be clean. Not.......

FYB and his bros were great tour guides for us yesterday in West Virginia. It was also cool to meet Heidi and Lisa and ride with them. Thanks Bob for taking such good care of us.

Weather turned to crap today, so we cut it a little short to wash clothes and regroup. Tomorrow - back into the roller coaster toward grandfather mountain. I'm hoping to take a little hike.

Stay thirsty, my friends.

Me and the boy's had a great time. Thank all of you for being the great people you are.

Enjoyed spending time with Lewis again (Lobuck). And each and every one of ya'll

Old and new. Thank ya'll again.

Gary Wynne.