• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's Aux. Fuel Cell Kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the current situation with Skyway and his biz?.......And if skyway is not trustworthy, then why is he still allowed on this forum? Admins?
btw. I have seen comments about giving him slack, etc. BS :angry:
You need to read through this whole thread including the VERY FIRST POST.....before you doing exactly what you shouldn't be doing. And admins have already responded IF YOU BOTHER TO READ. Your post is not constructive.

This is the FINAL reminder. Next time I have to remind either gets somebody a week's vacation from the forum or the thread closed. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Certified mail to Ian 5/27/08 asking for refund. No response.
BBB complaint 6/3/08. The BBB closed the case with no response from Ian and the Company now has an unsatisfactory record with the BBB.

USPO Mail Fraud Report 7/25/08. I have not heard of the status on this.

If enough of us take action on this maybe the BBB will forward it to the AG.

I have a response from the US Postal Inspection Service, it's in their system, but they don't have authority to ensure a refund.

I'm taking the next step that Iggy had suggested in a prior post and I'm filing in small claims court in Boston next week unless I hear from Ian. That's right, you can do this yourself and in your home state. Just pay the $40.00 fee and show up with your supporting documents.

I'm taking the next step that Iggy had suggested in a prior post and I'm filing in small claims court in Boston next week unless I hear from Ian. That's right, you can do this yourself and in your home state. Just pay the $40.00 fee and show up with your supporting documents.
So, with your 40 bucks you are successful in a MA court and are awarded a judgment against Ian Laing, what are the consequences for him?

What's the current situation with Skyway and his biz?.......And if skyway is not trustworthy, then why is he still allowed on this forum? Admins?
btw. I have seen comments about giving him slack, etc. BS :angry:
You need to read through this whole thread including the VERY FIRST POST.....before you doing exactly what you shouldn't be doing. And admins have already responded IF YOU BOTHER TO READ. Your post is not constructive.

This is the FINAL reminder. Next time I have to remind either gets somebody a week's vacation from the forum or the thread closed. :angry:
Ignacio,

I did read the bulk of this particular thread from the top. I also had read your response (you gave above) before I posted to this thread. Since this issue doesn't appear to be resolved through various members' attempts, I asked what's the current status. Though, in hind-sight, I should refrain from the tone I used. Mea Culpa.

Since you said, "Skyway is no longer a preferred vendor on this board to be sure...", then would it not be reasonable to think that he should no longer be given any slack on this forum? i.e., would get a longer (than a week's) vacation from the forum? That's what I asked. If such an action was already taken then that's great!

FWIW: Couple of days ago I received the audiovox control bracket I had ordered from skyway and it's a nice product. So, for the sake of members here (and his business), skyway should try and fix the problem.

Now, that would be constructive ...

Did you read the part about if you don't have a personal stake in the group buy, then STFU?

Now I will STFU, since I don't have a personal stake in this. Best of luck to all.

Since you said, "Skyway is no longer a preferred vendor on this board to be sure...", then would it not be reasonable to think that he should no longer be given any slack on this forum? i.e., would get a longer (than a week's) vacation from the forum?
That would be faulty logic. Because he isn't a preferred vendor doesn't then make him in violation of any Forum Guidelines.

Now, had he threatened a lawsuit or something...that would be a different story, but he hasn't. He's flaked clearly...and if anybody has issue with his service......you should absolutely take it up with him. I've even helped with outlining some of your possible courses of action.

So, with your 40 bucks you are successful in a MA court and are awarded a judgment against Ian Laing, what are the consequences for him?
Mjac,

Sorry I didn't answer sooner.

I would think Ian would pay you as soon as he heard from the court.

What happens is Ian has to travel to Massachusetts on the court date and state his case. If he does not show up or the judge says I win then Ian has to pay. If Ian does not pay then someone like Dog the Bounty Hunter or a sheriff will hunt him down and lock him up. Then Ian gets to return my funds and pay the sheriff costs.

This is not a criminal case, it's a civil case and I'm not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure this will get my funds back.

Bill

Mjac,

Sorry I didn't answer sooner.

I would think Ian would pay you as soon as he heard from the court.

What happens is Ian has to travel to Massachusetts on the court date and state his case. If he does not show up or the judge says I win then Ian has to pay. If Ian does not pay then someone like Dog the Bounty Hunter or a sheriff will hunt him down and lock him up. Then Ian gets to return my funds and pay the sheriff costs.

This is not a criminal case, it's a civil case and I'm not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure this will get my funds back.

Bill
What actually happens is if you win or Ian doesn't show then you win. But that doesnt really mean squat.If you get a judgement that is that just a judgement then you still have to pursue collection . The courts do not send anyone to get your money and there is no crimanal penalty. To pursue collection you have to get personal info about bank accounts and finances that will be very difficult from across the country. Also it is his buisness so you will have to get the info on how it is set up ,owners names addresses, Then you can s** to collect the judgement that you already s**d for.

I have a small buisness and have had to sue in small claims. Sometimes it motivates people to pay and sometimes you have to pursue further to get actuall money.

Sorry to say its not as simple as winning the first round in small claims.

At least that is how it works in Missouri.

How did that turn out?

I for one have not recieved a dime back and hope to resolve this by summer.

It would warm my little heart (& getting smaller) to see a trickle start with the refunds . . . I enjoyed talking with Him in person and hope it will be the way to finish this mess up, at least with me.

I for one have not recieved a dime back and hope to resolve this by summer. It would warm my little heart (& getting smaller) to see a trickle start with the refunds . . . I enjoyed talking with Him in person and hope it will be the way to finish this mess up, at least with me.
I have not received anything back either. Has everyone just given up on the refund ?

Dick Meyer

I haven't given up hope that we'll get a refund, but I'm at a loss regarding how to force the issue at this point.

Has anyone who lives locally decided to show up at his door and have a private meeting? :butcher: I am glad I do not have a horse in this race but it really makes me feel bad for you guys. He's a real DICK for leaving you guys hanging.

For those with money lost & future customers to read, please.

Has anyone recieved ANY emails or otherwise about this ongoing $10,000 plus problem ? I have not heard anything in a while & will not just lay down & die. Handling it privately is hiding & I don't think those that did nothing wrong need to hide behind close doors.

SKYWAY, Can you just pay one at a time, even if it means crimping your lifestyle to show us you will be paying the money that has been taken from us for about 2 years ? :unsure:

Are you part of this GB ? We're all a part of this due to this forum & need to keep communicating about this. $10,000 is a lot to just blow off. If this is locked I will be making just one more post . It would be ashme to just drop this, let it die, * say good bye to our money. I do not wish to go to His door for answers & prefer to stay in communiction with others having the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts