• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's Aux. Fuel Cell Kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to give everyone an update on the fuel cell situation. Believe it or not, I'm not in Mexico buying margaritas with your funds, instead I'm working my way out of a hole that is filled with work. I know that a lot of time has passed since I started this, and I am very sorry for all involved that trusted me to get this product too them. Knowing many of the recipients makes this even more difficult.

I will soon be delivering all of the units to everyone involved, and at which time I will recap and explain the snowball effect in great detail that has had me buried for an eternity. All I ask is to take a deep breath and hold on for just a little while longer while I wrap these unit up.

Again, please accept my apologies (I'll understand if you don't) for MY mess. As a once trusted vendor of this forum, I will finish what I started.

Ian, thanks for the status and info. A little communication definitely goes a long way toward maintaining patience!!!

Can anyone else get to skyway's website?
I didn't order one, I don't know Ian, but from the posts I've read, there's more good than bad..

I couldn't get to his site at that time. I tried for about 30min. I could get to other websites so I dunno. I wanted to get a peek at the luggage stuff he offers. I didn't mean to stir the pot.

kudos to Ian for posting :)

Again, please accept my apologies (I'll understand if you don't) for MY mess. As a once trusted vendor of this forum, I will finish what I started.
Thanks for the update Ian, you've always been a big help to us on the forum, I was in on the radar detector deal you ran for us that you volunteered your time for. I hope you get this mess fixed and behind you! And ship mine out last, I'm buried in work til April.

I hate to change the subject, but are the other accessories for the FJR such as light brackets for an 03 still available for purchase? I hate to put in an order on site and not know. Mike in Fremont, Ca.

I ordered armor & it was shipped very quick . . . . . . . Wouldn't hesitate ordering again. I have done a few orders from Skyway while waiting on fuel cell.

I would like to give everyone an update on the fuel cell situation. Believe it or not, I'm not in Mexico buying margaritas with your funds, instead I'm working my way out of a hole that is filled with work. I know that a lot of time has passed since I started this, and I am very sorry for all involved that trusted me to get this product too them. Knowing many of the recipients makes this even more difficult.
I will soon be delivering all of the units to everyone involved, and at which time I will recap and explain the snowball effect in great detail that has had me buried for an eternity. All I ask is to take a deep breath and hold on for just a little while longer while I wrap these unit up.

Hey Ian, is it too late for me to order one of those fuel cells? LOL. For all that do not know him, rest assured that Ian is a stand up guy that produces great stuff. He is more of the strong, silent type so don't expect a lot of communication. Well, actually, he doesn't look too strong. Nevertheless, you could not understand his accent even if you were to talk to him on the phone anyways. LOL. I did not order one, so it is easy for me to say, but Ian is trust worthy with your money. I have no doubt about that. He is also a highly respected member of the IBA community. So all you IBA wanta be's should have second thought about jabbing a revered member. Remember an extra fuel container does not make one a IBR contender. It is a tight knit community. Good luck Ian with your business, let me know if there is anything I can do to help- I am a pretty good TIG welder for being a patent attorney. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that I have a long distance ass cushion (Russell) I'm thinkin' I'll need one of these. Please email me whenever you're doing another batch.

Thanks!

He is also a highly respected member of the IBA community. So all you IBA wanta be's should have second thought about jabbing a revered member. Remember an extra fuel container does not make one a IBR contender. It is a tight knit community. Good luck Ian with your business, let me know if there is anything I can do to help- I am a pretty good TIG welder for being a patent attorney. LOL.

It's always easy to make jokes when its not your money. <_< And maybe I will get hell for these comments but it has gotten under some of our skins.

As I do respect Ian for FINALLY coming and giving us an apology. I wonder if it finally had to be an administrator giving him a call to do it. He may be a respected member of the IBA community but, I guess I would have respected him more if he had come clean about his troubles months ago when we were wondering what the hell was going on.

I never thought that we were going to lose our money, but some of us (and I have had contact with at least two others) who have had to cancel some of the IBA trips we wanted to do because of all the delays. I also didn't order the tank because of wanting to be some IBA wanta be. I truely love being on this cycle as much as possible and just wanted the extra distance. I don't have the time to be part of the IBA community and long distance rallies going on. Just a few SS's and BBG on my own is all I will probably be able to do.

THANKS IAN FOR GIVING US AN UPDATE. I TRUELY DO APPRECIATE IT. I only hope communications stays that way until this is done.

devanator

[

. He is also a highly respected member of the IBA community. So all you IBA wanta be's should have second thought about jabbing a revered member. Remember an extra fuel container does not make one a IBR contender. It is a tight knit community.

I got to say something about this ! It sure sounds like a threat to me. Are you saying we are jeopardizing are standings with the IBA because we are getting frustrated with Ian ?

An Aux fuel cell won't make you a IBR contender but it sure would help.

. He is also a highly respected member of the IBA community. So all you IBA wanta be's should have second thought about jabbing a revered member. Remember an extra fuel container does not make one a IBR contender. It is a tight knit community.

I got to say something about this ! It sure sounds like a threat to me. Are you saying we are jeopardizing are standings with the IBA because we are getting frustrated with Ian ?

An Aux fuel cell won't make you a IBR contender but it sure would help.
I gotta say, that's how I took it too. Yes, the IBR folk are tight nit, but it's the passion of LD riding that binds them.

I've already stated that (thankfully) I don't have a dog in this fight, but I've kept tabs because someday I expect they will ship, and by then maybe some of you who did order will have found something else and won't need what you ordered and/or he'll have extras (in stock)

But I do find it to be complete bullshit that it's drug out this long w/o adequate communication.

Standing up for a friend and cutting someone slack is one thing, I get that. I'd go to extremes for plenty of my friends. But I can't think of a single one I'd still be defending at this stage of the game.

There's two sides to every story, but the public side of this one is apauling. I expect in the end it will all work out.

I'm not out to get Ian, I'm sure he's a hell of a guy, and he has produced great stuff in the past.

I just don't get the ubber support for what clearly looks a lot like fraud at this point. Had any other vendor taken $500 x 20+ and strung it out this long, they'd be toast. That's all I'm saying.

I know some people are venting here and have a right to, but before this gets ramped up any more than it is...let's let Ian have a chance to redeem himself...actions will speak louder and better than words from either view in this thread.

Ian, is it too late for me to order one of those fuel cells? LOL. For all that do not know him, rest assured that Ian is a stand up guy that produces great stuff. He is more of the strong, silent type so don't expect a lot of communication. Well, actually, he doesn't look too strong. Nevertheless, you could not understand his accent even if you were to talk to him on the phone anyways. LOL. I did not order one, so it is easy for me to say, but Ian is trust worthy with your money. I have no doubt about that. He is also a highly respected member of the IBA community. So all you IBA wanta be's should have second thought about jabbing a revered member. Remember an extra fuel container does not make one a IBR contender. It is a tight knit community. Good luck Ian with your business, let me know if there is anything I can do to help- I am a pretty good TIG welder for being a patent attorney. LOL.

Seriously......STFU.....lol......seriously.

You gets a jab when youse earn one . . . . . Yes we have all had problems & dealt with them, some more wisely than others. It'll be great to see Him get back into the swing of things & start posting more.

Status
Not open for further replies.