• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's Aux. Fuel Cell Kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly off topic, but is Skyway shipping ANYTHING at this point? I was going to order some other items, hydration kit and XM antenna base, from him, but it sound like I would be wasting my time and money.

Me too, I've emailed at his website, but no answer after a month. I'm waiting to see if he is still in business......heck, anybody know if he is alright?

I don't work for Skyway, I am not his spokesperson, nor do I play him on TV........... :p

Nor am I attempting to defend, recommend, or make excuses for him.

I am just trying to pass on what little information I know, from a rare conversation with him every now and then.

As for his other products, I am pretty sure he is darn near 100% up to speed on them and they typically ship almost right away. As for the fuel cells, he is still working on them though progress is agonizingly slow. Sincerely, I feel for you all.

His non-motorcycle farkle side of the business has had him slammed for quite some time now and actually has him travelling frequently and out of the shop. He is struggling to give attention to everything that needs it. He has not forgotten about you fuel cell folks.

Personally, I genuinely hope the end to your misery is sooner than later.

I dunno. I have a [SIZE=8pt] small[/SIZE] home based business that I've been in the process of building up to eventual self supporting. All I can say is, lack of communication is killer.

Gotta call em, or at least email a couple :blink: who would no doubt post up here to at least saying he's trying.

:jester:

Talked to him this morning, he has not forgotten us. He was very apologetic and feels terrible about the delay. He assured me we will get our mounts soon. I know we have heard that before but I think something might happen in the next couple of weeks.

Talked to him this morning, he has not forgotten us. He was very apologetic and feels terrible about the delay. He assured me we will get our mounts soon. I know we have heard that before but I think something might happen in the next couple of weeks.
Thats good news. Thanks Doug. I know he put a lot into researching this ahead of time because there is a lot to getting this thing right.

I bet it comes just after I get back from 50cc to IBA Party ! :p I'm sure it won't be long now . . . .

I mentioned that I wanted to do a 50cc to the IBA party myself, he was pretty confident that I would have the mount before that. But as we have learned you never know some unforeseen problem could cause another delay.

What he actually said was the Gen 1 mounts would be done next week with Gen 2's soonto follow.

What he actually said was the Gen 1 mounts would be done next week with Gen 2's soonto follow.
He called me this evening. He has finally unburied himself from a couple of things ( I have talked with hi when he's headed home @ 9 PM) and is planning on working all weekend at the shop, setting up and running 3 machines to get the mounts completed.

He did mention that he doesn't have a NewGen bike to final fit so only the OldGen mounts will be done.

He'll have to "swap out" with TurboDave for a NewGen bike, unless someone is close and could run to Sonora......

Last edited by a moderator:
He called me this evening. He has finally unburied himself from a couple of things ( I have talked with hi when he's headed home @ 9 PM) and is planning on working all weekend at the shop, setting up and running 3 machines to get the mounts completed.
As nice as this sounds, I'll reserve my :yahoo: until I see it at my doorstep.

I actually talked to a machinists this last Wednesday to show him some ideas for my bike. He does aluminum welding and fabricating. I was thinking of having him make something for me by spring. (And he said he could) I'll hold off if this is actually going to take place soon. I have ordered a Gen 1 kit.

I'm planning a Lake Superior run in June and I would like to have my tank for that. No, I don't HAVE to have it, but I would like to have it.

devanator

I soo wish I could simply ride up to Sonora, let Ian use my GeniII for fitment, then stay for a week to help out, in what ever way I could. Unfortunately, I too am slammed at work, and preparing to once again serve my time to society. Sigh.

Ian is a class guy. I know it's been a very very long time for customers. I understand both sides of this, the customer and the supplier who is totally overwhelmed. I've been in both roles, and neither is pleasant.

Ian is a class guy. I know it's been a very very long time for customers. I understand both sides of this, the customer and the supplier who is totally overwhelmed. I've been in both roles, and neither is pleasant.
I've enjoyed meeting & talking with Him and hope all is going to work out great for him. Helluva Guy :thumbsup:

Sounds good. Hopefully everything turns out as planned. I am still amazed at Ian's refusal to communicate, though. Simple enough to do via the forum.

There was more to the kit he offerend than just his machined mounting system. There was a custom cover involved, too, I believe. Does anyone know if that happened and/or the status of that portion?

Sounds good. Hopefully everything turns out as planned. I am still amazed at Ian's refusal to communicate, though. Simple enough to do via the forum.
There was more to the kit he offerend than just his machined mounting system. There was a custom cover involved, too, I believe. Does anyone know if that happened and/or the status of that portion?
When last I talked with him about those, Maggie was getting them finished. IIRC, they had to change material because some of what whe was using (black) would fade over time. That wouldn't bother me....I can purchase spray dye if my canvas fades in the sun, but not everyone feels that way.

I soo wish I could simply ride up to Sonora, let Ian use my GeniII for fitment....
I could ride to Creston, trade out, maybe take a couple deer on my way home, then limp it up to Sonora for some fitment action....

I know Ian does come down to the bay area once in a while to do business. I could meet him half way if that would be possible. Don't know if he needs the bike for more than just a few minutes though. I did do this when he was designing the mounts for the water jugs and worked out pretty well. I'm not getting a fuel cell but would be willing to meet up? I couldn't go all the way to Sonora as my funds won't allow at the present. Anything to help. PM. <>< :unsure:

I soo wish I could simply ride up to Sonora, let Ian use my GeniII for fitment....
I could ride to Creston, trade out, maybe take a couple deer on my way home, then limp it up to Sonora for some fitment action....
I'd be up for that if it would help. Minus the deer slaying part. Only I get to deer slay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update, members.
Glad to here that the wheels are back on the cart.
Updates are good!

about thoses wheels..... I hope you are right.... I am in the planning stages of a few long distance runs so I hope to get mine and get it all set up.

Ian,

Let's try this again. PLEASE CALL ME ON MY CELL. You have my number. If for some reason you have misplaced my number, feel free to PM me with a number and time that I can call you. I have called, e-mailed and PMed several times but still no response. I've tried everything but sending a letter. I am being polite, now it's your turn.

Canadian FJR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts