Stator Interest?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has the GB information been posted on all FJR forums?

Fabone, how many more peeps do we need to get this GB rollin?

Just in case anyone missed this, Fabone needs and email to clarify the numbers for this GB.

Send an email to >> rconn at actionnet dot net << with “ESG130 Stator” in the subject line. Right now, we’re looking at 30-40 days out. Once I know when they will be in house or close, I will post an update for the cutoff.

I don't do the other forums and had ask to spread the word. I believe WC did that over on the Brit forum. I no longer bother with the e-z forum. I figured most of the LD riders would be in & out here.

Fabone needs and email to clarify the numbers for this GB.
Yes..please. It's hard to keep count, when I have to sift out names in the thread, along with people reposting. I've got one person down 3 times already.

..how many more peeps do we need to get this GB rollin?
Last count around 30/31. They would like 50, but we'll see what rolls out yet. I'll be touching base here soon, to check inhouse status.

I don't do the other forums and had ask to spread the word. I believe WC did that over on the Brit forum. I no longer bother with the e-z forum. I figured most of the LD riders would be in & out here.

Fabone needs and email to clarify the numbers for this GB.
Yes..please. It's hard to keep count, when I have to sift out names in the thread, along with people reposting. I've got one person down 3 times already.

..how many more peeps do we need to get this GB rollin?
Last count around 30/31. They would like 50, but we'll see what rolls out yet. I'll be touching base here soon, to check inhouse status.
Bump. Stator gasket will be in hand soon, only $5.00 delivered from UM.

All I need now is the green light for this GB, there has to be 50 people who want more juice.

It will also make a great Christmas present for your aunt, cousin or grandma, they all need one ya know.

It will look awfully sweet in the china cabinet!

ESG130installed.jpg

What new information is there on the '06 stator??? Did I miss a thread somewhere?

Edit: I found it....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status update Please. Is this group buy still on, given the newest information on the '06 stator?
Dang! Hold your horses there young stallion. Patience is a virtue.

Me thinks a lot has to be worked out in regards to the supposedly new stator. Like is it true? How easily retrofitted? Gonna take some time to gather all the accurate info needed before decisions start being made.

Status update Please.
It has been brought to my attention, that there is some confusion in the different Datel readings on the WC testing. Some are confusing the Datel reading for stator output, claiming the new stator is not worth the trouble.

Datel readings have nothing to do with stator output. All the Datel does is act like a barometer, telling you that there’s a change somewhere in the system.

When the bike is running without any load your Datel will give you a reading of your system. When an accessory is then turned on, the Datel will read a (change) drain on the system. If the numbers come back up, then the stator is doing its job. If not then you’re living off the battery and it’s down hill from there. Having a fully charged battery and good connections are a must.

The juice has to go from the stator to the Regulator/Rectifier thru all the connections to the battery. To get an accurate stator output reading, you need to come directly off the stator, not thru the system and connections.

Also, the stock stator is built with a base number of 14 and the new stator the base of 13. This is no doubt where some of the confusion comes in regarding the (stock) 14.2 vs. (new) 13.9 readings on the Datel. What you want is a healthy system. Not enough juice is a drain and too much is dumped in the form of heat.

Again, these numbers have nothing to do with stator output. Go back and look at the Output Graph.

Moving along…

Is this group buy still on....
Yes, the GB is still on. The stators are expected to hit the dock sometime this week. A source for the pins has been found. Someone else is still trying to get connectors, but it’s a slow process. You have to go thru 4 contacts with a request and then it has to cycle back, thru the 4 contacts waiting for an answer. It’s not like you can talk directly to the source. The connectors may end up being a wash, but it’s not a deal breaker.

We’re getting closer, but still in a holding pattern. I realize some may be losing patience in the waiting, however I think for the price, it will be well worth the wait for anyone wanting more juice.

Thanks for your continued interest and patience,

Fabone

Update.....

Finally got a hold of my contact man this morning. Was told that the batch of FJR stators was not in the last shipment. Their next shipment is due in about 2 weeks. Hopefully they'll be included.

Right now, with my numbers the price I was quoted, will be @ $120 plus shipping.

Carry on...

Just received my '06 Service Manual.

AC magneto output - 14.0V 590W 5000rpm

regulated voltage - 14.2-14.8V

Rectifier capacity - 50.0A

Withstand Voltage - 40.0A

Wonder if the '06 electrics would fit in the earlier models?

I'm amazed that Yamamama didn't think this was worth advertizing in the improvements for '06?

Rob

Just received my '06 Service Manual. AC magneto output - 14.0V 590W 5000rpm

regulated voltage - 14.2-14.8V

Rectifier capacity - 50.0A

Withstand Voltage - 40.0A

Wonder if the '06 electrics would fit in the earlier models?

I'm amazed that Yamamama didn't think this was worth advertizing in the improvements for '06?

Rob
Just found that this info had been previously posted.

Never mind! <_<

Yamaha might not have played up the extra 100 watts because maybe the AE need for electrics or the standard, both have linked brakes eat up the difference in wattage. Anyone check out put and draw yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered one of these pups a few months ago when I first heard they would be available. I just received it last week and will do the install sometime this week. Wish me luck. Came with no instructions but Warchilds pictures are pretty good.

I ordered one of these pups a few months ago when I first heard they would be available. I just received it last week and will do the install sometime this week. Wish me luck. Came with no instructions but Warchilds pictures are pretty good.