Stator Interest?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you hook up the three wires to your nads, and when doing so how did they regulate the current? I searched under nads, but all I found was this
photo-10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee, I dunno if I would mess with that guy, looks to me like he is putting his hand on his shoulder holster.... Then again it could be fleas.

The only slight downer in this purchase is that ElectroSport can not obtain the original Yamaha gray connector that retains the three white (stator output) wires and affixes them to the Regulator/Rectifier.
This issue will be corrected. Due to a delay, still waiting for the pins and connectors to complete the package. Stators will not be released for purchase until after these items arrive. Carry on.

The only slight downer in this purchase is that ElectroSport can not obtain the original Yamaha gray connector that retains the three white (stator output) wires and affixes them to the Regulator/Rectifier.
This issue will be corrected. Due to a delay, still waiting for the pins and connectors to complete the package. Stators will not be released for purchase until after these items arrive. Carry on.
:good:

I searched under nads, but all I found was this...
As in big, hairy Spalding - The Official BBall of the NBA*, size nads. Yup, you got it right radman. ;) Best be askin' yours back from radwoman as your posts are getting weak. :p And quit wasting band width, will ya?

Back to stators... I'm guessing it won't make much sense for me to make this swap with only the Widders vest, radar detector and SatRad needing power from the bike... Finally! A farkle I don't need! Woot!

*and don't go editing and put a 'W' ahead of it, either, rad. :fuck:

Warchild: (I know it will take a while to answer with the board clean up and all but here goes)

Wasn't this just a "part one" of the testing, or did you get enough information from this to know that there won't be any long term damage to anything due to the higher amount of juice available and the next part of the testing is unnecessary as the bike shunts to ground voltage over a certain amount?

Thanks

Toophast

Edit: Answer found March 3 1251 pm I am a dumb ass :eek: I got all excited about being able to turn more things on that I forgot about the other tested stator failing after 5 months or so....

Will wait patiently now

Sorry about that :blushing: :bye2:

I have will power.

I have will power.

I have will power.

I will have power.

I will have power.

I will have power.

Doh! I hate when that happens... :D

I've had a couple PM's on this, so there appears to be a bit of misunderstanding here. Just to clarify: this is not my Group Buy; you'll have to get with Fabone on this one.

I searched under nads, but all I found was this...
As in big, hairy Spalding - The Official BBall of the NBA*, size nads. Yup, you got it right radman. ;) Best be askin' yours back from radwoman as your posts are getting weak. :p And quit wasting band width, will ya?

Back to stators... I'm guessing it won't make much sense for me to make this swap with only the Widders vest, radar detector and SatRad needing power from the bike... Finally! A farkle I don't need! Woot!

*and don't go editing and put a 'W' ahead of it, either, rad. :fuck:
Why, I never! On topic, all I have in addition to oe is a set of Hella FF50's. Since installing my LED Batt monitor, even at idle I get a green indicator with them on in conjunction with the high beams, so those of us who have few electrical farks have little to gain from swapping. Now, should I have a stator failure for whatever reason, this would be the one I get, as opposed to the oe, which is $235.00.

Now, should I have a stator failure for whatever reason, this would be the one I get, as opposed to the oe, which is $235.00.
Wouldn't it be covered under warranty?
Of course, if the bike was still covered. But, I don't neccesarily think everyone is gonna follow that plan. You burn up a factory stator due to excessive draw, you run the risk of a warranty decline on it, and even if covered, the equipment is gonna suck it dry again. I tend to save warranty for heavy hits, such as the tick repair, etc. Were the stator to fail, I'd have to weigh the benefit of a free repair with a substandard part vs out of pocket costs for a premium part. I would probably opt for the uprated stat, even with the cost, but I'm that way. Not all would.

I've had a couple PM's on this, so there appears to be a bit of misunderstanding here. Just to clarify: this is not my Group Buy; you'll have to get with Fabone on this one.
Roger that. Just looking on your continued evaluation and blessings upon this long awaited farkle.

Fab, any news? Yammy parts for the terminals on the way? You going to get them to supply a new gasket at the same time? Gary McCoy, you'd better order about 300 of those gaskets!

Rad, et al, I was out a few weeks ago with my HIDS on, my Roady playing and my 4 Widders turned up. Drained the battery down pronto at highway cruise. Even with two of them turned sorta low, the charging system was not happy, and I was afraid that the bike would come to a grinding, then very quiet, halt at the next stop light.

More POWER, SCOTTY!!!!

Fab, any news? Yammy parts for the terminals on the way? You going to get them to supply a new gasket at the same time? Gary McCoy, you'd better order about 300 of those gaskets!
That sounds like a pretty ambitious number. When it's time to crack open wallets, I'd be surprised if 50 people decided to upgrade, floored at 100. Talk is cheap. With the reported PITA factor of the install, many would have to factor in paying someone else to do the work as well. JMO :dntknw:

That sounds like a pretty ambitious number. When it's time to crack open wallets, I'd be surprised if 50 people decided to upgrade, floored at 100. Talk is cheap. With the reported PITA factor of the install, many would have to factor in paying someone else to do the work as well. JMO :dntknw:
250 of the gaskets are for me. I make lots of mistakes.... :blink:

Doesn't look like that big of a pain to me. Sure need the extra electrons. Not for the '04, though. Whoever buys that pig at the end of the summer can change the stator out on that one if they want. I want a stator for my AE.. AFTER WFO.

Then again, maybe I should install the new stator on the '04 just for a test bed. Rather screw up the old bike than the new one. Of course after a ride out to WFO, the new bike will be the old bike. Nespa? :blink: :bigeyes: :dribble: :eh:

EDIT: BTW, I meant screw up the '04 because of my 10 thumbs, not because of the stator.... Sorry....

Update:

Try as they might, at this time the special 3 prong plug is not going to happen. It appears it is exclusivity only made for the FJR and can not be found anywhere in the connector markets. However this is not really that big of a deal or a stopping factor. I've been told they'll be working on some photos and instructions to help along the install. If you looked at Warchild's photos you'll already know what to look for.

There has been some concern regarding the Yamaha warranty if something should fry. If something was going to fry it would do so in the first hour. Rest assure they are not going to risk being sued over a shoddy product. This is tested daily by the owner, but only you can make the decision to buy or not.

They're not going to supply gaskets, so you're on your own there. You can get them from McCoy for about 6 bucks and postage.

They would like to see a show of hands of at least 50 people for the GB. Was told that the stators are still out about 3 weeks, end of April, give or take.

If you think that this is something of interest, send me a email with ESG130 Stator in the subject line to>> rconn at actionnet dot net.

Thanks for your interest,

Fabone

If you think that this is something of interest, send me a email with ESG130 Stator in the subject line to>> rconn at actionnet dot net.
Thanks for your interest,

Fabone
How about just an email through this site? Is that the same address? Saves a few keystrokes....

Oh, and Fab, thanks for working with those guys and getting this going! Appreciate you efforts! Yours too, WC!

BTW, is this the correct crankcase cover gasket:

5JW-15451-00-00 GASKET, CRANKCASE COVER 1

If you want Gary McCoy to get you one:

[email protected]

I paid $3.50 plus S&H. Gary is stocking them up for the inevitable.

My first Post...I want to thank everyone for this thread.....very informative...I owned a 2003 FJR sold it and bought a RT12 when the FJR died one cold morning...too much electric off the battery....heated seat,2 widder vests, XM ,Baehr....wife on back not happy...I will now consider a 2006 thanks again to all....especially Fabone and Warchild

Whip

OK, got an stator update for y'all, and this one is starting to make me raise an eyebrow.... I'm starting to see some interesting Datel readings, and I'm not 100% sure what I make out of it quite yet.....

Anymore, it is rare to see the Datel climb above 14.0 volts, and that's with good engine speed and no additional electrical goodies running either (nothing but the bike with low-beams only). It use to not be this way the first number of times I had the bike out after installing the new stator. It used to run at 14.2v - 14.3v. Now I'll see 14.1v only when the bike is cold, just after I start it up. After it warms up, I never see anything higher than 14.0v

Here's a somewhat related note: now that I've had the bike out on some more lengthy rides - including a 600-mile run over the weekend - I am noticing that after the bike is hot, it's not unusual for the Datel to sink to 13.9v, and that's with no additional loads placed on the system! Again, this was never the case with the stock stator.

Still, on a happy note.... when I throw on the PHIDs, the Datel will sink to about 13.4v-13.5 volts for a few seconds, then slowly climb back up to around the 13.7v - 13.8v range (which is behavior that I expect).

But I don't care for this new, slightly lower readings during normal operation. I don't like to see the Datel with less than 14.2-ish volts with the engine above 3000RPM and no additional loads on the bike. This is the range the Datel usually stays at with the stock stator. I admit it is a little disconcerting to see the Datel displaying 13.9v at highway speeds with no electrical add-ons running (once the bike is hot).

OTOH, 13.9 volts is a perfectly healthy charge rate... and 13.7 volts with the PHIDs running is also a good number, one I expect to see, so.... I'm not ready to claim something is "wrong" yet, but I did want to report this apparent change in the Datel readings.

I do intend to check my electrical connections, but I don't think there is a problem with them, either. The Datel's positive lead comes directly from the battery's postive terminal. Similarly with the negative connection: it's directly from the batteries (-) post (via a simple toggle switch). So I don't think it's an issue where I am dropping a couple of tenths of voltage passing through a switched source, 'cuz I'm not using one for my signal voltage.

Regardless, I obviously need to test quite a bit more, which I am doing as time allows.

I'll be in contact with ElectroSport to discuss these developments with them as well.