WANTED: FJR riders who like GUNS!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
Guns and motorcycles - what could go wrong?
punk.gif

ANNOUNCING the 2016 Spring-Shoot-'Em-Up!

Dates: May 13-14, 2016.

https://fjrtech.net/2016ss/

AR15_Glass_bw.jpg
Out of the ashes of the "Spring Fling" motorcycle ride-to-eat, held for many years in the Seattle metro region, now comes a RTE/RTS (Ride-to-Eat/Ride-to-Shoot) event known as "Spring-Shoot-'Em-Up".

2015 was the inaugural year for this event - here are AWESOME Tobie Stevens photos from last year:

https://tobie.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Spring-Fling-2015/

Come join us in the awesome riding country of northern Idaho. We have moved the event from April to the middle of May to try to get a little more warmth during the day. A $10 attendance fee is all you need to participate; see the web site for details, where you will also find Motel info and Shooting Range info.

Your hosts for this fine event and FJR Endurance Rider Tyler Zimmerman and his wife Sherrie.

Clean your weapons - there will be a competitive Shooting Exercise for both handguns and rifles (iron sights only, please!)

Iron sights are the great equalizer..... scoped rifles are fine for general shooting as seen above, but not for the shooting competition.

I wonder how far I would get and how many times I would get stopped if I transported the AR like this?
m-16bmw.jpg
LOL! I remember many times when I was younger just strapping my shootin' irons to the side of my Twin Jet 100 and riding to the mountains, the dump, or the abandoned strip mines. I was never stopped. Maybe I wasn't doing anything wrong?

The thing that worries me about your picture is the AR seems less handy to you than to the tailgater behind you!

Iron sights are the great equalizer..... scoped rifles are fine for general shooting as seen above, but not for the shooting competition.
Considering my aged eyes a scope would be the great equalizer, I have to chose between sharp sight picture and blurry target or the other way around.

I might be able to take the Aug apart and fit it in the Givi... might have to make this one!

Seriously considering, depending on the Gods. Any particular courses of fire? Folks remember your eyes and ears.

Oh I wish I lived closer..... got a good amount of nice plinkers that I could fill up the luggage with....