western gathering

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2018 working two outages so time is limited here too. 2019 central Kali maybe?
Central Kali sounds great. Atascadero, Paso Robles or SLO in the spring would be cool. Don and his buddies can be tour guides. If you haven't toured the area, it's among the best riding anywhere.

++^^ There is available lodging the great back roads from the coast to the inland vineyards and foot hills. Late May before school lets out and the tourestos muck up the place. Chance of rain at that time is near zero!

Last edited by a moderator:
BUMP
smile.png

It distresses me that some young Buck or Doe hasn't stepped up and taken this bull by the horns.

It just isn't that hard to ramrod one of these events:

Choose a venue - hell everyone wants to come and ride what you ride because it is different than what they usually ride.

Designate a date.

Find a Hotel for around $80-$100 per night for two beds

Promulgate the info on this forum and the other sandboxes and Facebook, stand back and watch people sign up to come and ride.

Figure about 80% of those that express interest will actually show, life gets in the way.

Optional:

A communal dinner on one night

a Keg or two of Beer

Tee Shirts

SWAG

WTF?

The once thriving Sacramento FJR peeps are crickets. I'd do it but spring & early summer I have better things to do...not.

Work is work sometimes.

Alright… Alright… I'll take it over and organize it. Venue will have to be moved maybe 3.5k miles or so, roads will be FLAT and

STRAIGHT, and the motels are gonna run a bit more. Lobster will be the meal (Bring snorkels and suits) Oh… and everyone WILL

sweat… I guarantee it. We good with that?
rolleyes.gif

Oh Tyler… YFO is on my watch list! That was a blast last time!

Alright… Alright… I'll take it over and organize it. Venue will have to be moved maybe 3.5k miles or so, roads will be FLAT andSTRAIGHT, and the motels are gonna run a bit more. Lobster will be the meal (Bring snorkels and suits) Oh… and everyone WILL

sweat… I guarantee it. We good with that?
rolleyes.gif

Oh Tyler… YFO is on my watch list! That was a blast last time!
IN!!!

Hopefully somebody retired or quasi-retired should be stepping up.

Working folks have to work, and this may not be something they may have time to juggle along with work.

It distresses me that some young Buck or Doe hasn't stepped up and taken this bull by the horns.
It just isn't that hard to ramrod one of these events:

Choose a venue - hell everyone wants to come and ride what you ride because it is different than what they usually ride.

Designate a date.

Find a Hotel for around $80-$100 per night for two beds

Promulgate the info on this forum and the other sandboxes and Facebook, stand back and watch people sign up to come and ride.

Figure about 80% of those that express interest will actually show, life gets in the way.

Optional:

A communal dinner on one night

a Keg or two of Beer

Tee Shirts

SWAG

WTF?
Agree! Seems like I met you the first time in 2014 at the Village Inn parking lot in Sparks, NV. As I recall we did NOT have a communal dinner, a keg of Beer, Tee shirts, Swag, or group room rates. We did have announced arrival dates (everyone made their own room reservations), kicking tires in the back parking lot every night, cold beer in a cooler from a volunteer’s car, on-the-fly daily rides, daily drinks at the bar, and a very good time. Some of us even fed the one arm bandits between drinks.

I would like to go back and am flexible on the dates. Let someone who has to work select the dates when they can get time off.

That was a fun event. I think Bugnatr set it up and he runs a business fulltime. It really is simple. After a few years I had the Reuben on autopilot.

That was a fun event. I think Bugnatr set it up and he runs a business fulltime. It really is simple. After a few years I had the Reuben on autopilot.
Yea, there really isn’t much to do if we were to go back there. Probably should confirm that we would not be competing for rooms with a major event and try to pick a week when the temps are below triple digits.

I remember making reservations online and then showing up at 7:30 pm a day early. No problem at all, cost me an additional $39 and I didn’t even have to change rooms the next day.

This year is a no go for me to set something up. New job and raising my granddaughter is a double full time job. Perhaps i could look into doing something next year, but that is the best I can do at the moment.

I'm already committed to helping with WeSTOC 24 this year and WeSTOC 25 in 2020. After that I hope to be able to help with an event like this.....

How far west is western for the purposes of this proposed event?

Well personally I consider west to be left of the Rockies but I'm sure others have different views. It gets pretty fluffy close to the coast but the riding is great. Bring your Birkenstock's and mingle with the beautiful people
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts