YFO 2017 - Yosemite and Beyond - June 1-3, 2017

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
600-700 miles is a long day for just about anyone. If you are just interested in getting there and not seeing anything along the way, I'd say it's doable, but you just as soon take the slab as it will make better time.

But why the heck do that?

Better to consider 400-ish miles a day, and that leaves time to actually stop and see something.

One way or the other, you've got to get across the mid-west. It will be hot at this time. I say burn it in this area. When you hit the Colorado border, do a little more venturing.

Yeah, I'm starting to think that Pants guy has done this once or twice, maybe it's not his first rodeo.
sleep.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Got this response back from my friend Teri, for rush creek lodge.
How fun! Send me an email with the dates you're looking at and number of rooms and I'll get you a quote. [email protected]
Thanks, Rich... I'm finalizing accommodations in Mariposa and should have information up tomorrow. Appreciate your reaching out! B)

Yeah, I'm starting to think that Pants guy has done this once or twice, maybe it's not his first rodeo.
sleep.png
I'm no expert, but practice indeed makes perfect...

I met a rider recently that quipped all he ever PACKS is a credit card, his pistol, and condoms. Everything else that comes with the bike is icing on the cake. His fictitious analogy aside, I have learned over the years that the more I do this, the less I need and bring.

Examples:

1. Pack for 4 days. Wear day 1 and haul 3 more days. By the 4th or 5th day, you will want a couple hours of down time and can use that to wash clothes.

2. Bring as much riding gear as you can. Inevitably, when the tour gets to beyond 2500 miles round trip, no matter what time of year, you can expect a 30-60 degree swing in temperatures. Upper body layers pack very small and offer a lot of versatility. Pants are bulky, so I usually pick one pair and live with the limits.

3. Bring walking shoes.

4. Pack some horse food and a re-fillable water bottle

Don't know what inspired me to go off on this tangent.....

I got through on the non toll free line, but Stormi is not there today (Tuesday 6/14/16) So I will be calling tomorrow

Welllll.... I get a busy signal on the toll free number and noone answers the other one. Hmmm.....
They were probably on a lunch break when you tried. I called the 209 number and talked with the gal that's there today and told her that the 800 number was showing busy which she said was unusual and she wondered why the phone hadn't been ringing today. So try again a little later or tomorrow. B)

600-700 miles is a long day for just about anyone. If you are just interested in getting there and not seeing anything along the way, I'd say it's doable, but you just as soon take the slab as it will make better time.
But why the heck do that?

Better to consider 400-ish miles a day, and that leaves time to actually stop and see something.

One way or the other, you've got to get across the mid-west. It will be hot at this time. I say burn it in this area. When you hit the Colorado border Rockies, do a little more venturing. Then you've got another desert to cross before you get to Kaliforny.

Booked Apt "B"

The lady I booked with said that they did not have rates for that far in advance. She let me book, and I will call Stormi tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
In the interest of clarify, which nights should we be reserving for this shin dig?

Also, I found the website for the Lodge, but can't see any pictures of the apartments - can anyone please offer a link if they have seen it.

The Redfish and I would like to snag the 3 bedroom apartment, if possible.

Welllll.... I get a busy signal on the toll free number and noone answers the other one. Hmmm.....
They were probably on a lunch break when you tried. I called the 209 number and talked with the gal that's there today and told her that the 800 number was showing busy which she said was unusual and she wondered why the phone hadn't been ringing today. So try again a little later or tomorrow.
cool.png
Yeah, I thought about that after I looked at the time.I will try today.