YFO 2017 - Yosemite and Beyond - June 1-3, 2017

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See ya in June Tony! You can cut into Big Sur via Fort Hunter Liggett, then ride north to the closed bridge, turn around and ride back south to Cambria and LA.
Last I heard, Nacimeinto-Fergusson Rd. was also closed.
Crap!
Oh, give me a home where the roads are not trashed,

Where NO deer or antelope play;

On the FJRForum seldom is heard a discouraging word

And the sky is not cloudy all day.

bike.gif

And we should all go to Hwy 1 where the bridge failed, whip out a small speaker and play Robin Trower's Bridge of Sighs. The whole album even. Then ride to the other side and repeat. I bet nobody ever used this as an excuse to go someplace on a motorcycle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Tyler.

A friend is joining me for the trip out from VA (on his own bike). So you can add one more to the count - if that matters. See you all in June. - Glen

6-ish weeks out now. Starting to get excited.....

Ah who am I kidding? I've been excited for almost a year now!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like this weekend will be the beginning of a month back in Portland, hanging out with our kids and beating the AZ heat. So, the dog and golf clubs and various gear will need to travel with us.
So you'll be there for the weekend and then heading to Portland or not coming to Yosemite at all? Just clarifying! :)

Looks like this weekend will be the beginning of a month back in Portland, hanging out with our kids and beating the AZ heat. So, the dog and golf clubs and various gear will need to travel with us.
So you'll be there for the weekend and then heading to Portland or not coming to Yosemite at all? Just clarifying! :)
Hoping for the full weekend.

Pop rode his "new" FJR into town this morning to get his annual Inspection Sticker. That was his first ride on the street since he crashed. It's been 8 weeks since his shoulder surgery and we still have over a month left. I am feeling pretty confident this little ride is gonna happen.
That's great news that he's back in the saddle!

Pop rode his "new" FJR into town this morning to get his annual Inspection Sticker. That was his first ride on the street since he crashed. It's been 8 weeks since his shoulder surgery and we still have over a month left. I am feeling pretty confident this little ride is gonna happen.
thumbsupsmiley.png
thumbsupsmiley.png
hyper.gif
yahoo.gif

Great news! Sure hope you guys are at YFO - I don't want to be the only 'Old dude" there.
smile.png
-Glen

thumbsupsmiley.png
thumbsupsmiley.png
hyper.gif
yahoo.gif

Great news! Sure hope you guys are at YFO - I don't want to be the only 'Old dude" there.
smile.png
-Glen
Oh, don't worry, we are a collection of old dudes.