YFO 2017 - Yosemite and Beyond - June 1-3, 2017

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
456c60b5dcda49b1701b800efc6e6e84.jpg

I see Bugntar but who's the guy with the bread?
Old Michael, nobody know him with a hat.

3 weeks from today, at this time, I will be in New Mexico (or dam close), and I'll start climbing a little. Seeing life in the 3rd dimension is such a rush for a flatlander....

Late tot he party, and I have not read all 31 pages of this, but I'm cleared for travel. Are there any room shares available? I'd like to travel out with others and need to catch up with the westward travel plans.

Late tot he party, and I have not read all 31 pages of this, but I'm cleared for travel. Are there any room shares available? I'd like to travel out with others and need to catch up with the westward travel plans.
I think there is a ride with others thread in the other sandbox

i would probably ride west, hopefully with friends, then attend the gathering and then visit friends and family in Sacramento before returning. Maybe find @bugman and ride back to Colorado with him.

I just finished a fairly long post about this here (post no. 36), so I won't repeat all of it, but we have a terrific and very generous donation for "Swag" for this event--we'll have a drawing at the Saturday dinner. It's a pair of Clearwater "Darla" fork-mounted 2000+ lumen LED lights--a $499 value (though currently on sale at $399), and FREE INSTALLATION IS INCLUDED if the winner can come up to Sacramento after YFO. Thanks to Glenn at Clearwater for that, and I'll even put you up for the night you come if you need it.

D2G2_grande.jpg

Since it didn't come up before, there's no "Swag Master" for this rally, but this donation is enough to jump start at least a trend. I talked it over with Tyler and we agreed that we'd make it a raffle and donate any proceeds to some local charity around Mariposa--she's looking into finding a good candidate for that. And since we're doing it, we'd like to ask everybody coming if they can check with local dealers around you, manufacturers, other vendors, and see if we can put together a selection of goodies to be included in the raffle; we'll do it at the Saturday night dinner in the other thread.

So if you haven't sent Tyler your confirmation (and maybe some money) for the dinner Saturday, here's another pretty good reason to do it ASAP. See you in about 3 weeks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished a fairly long post about this here (post no. 36), so I won't repeat all of it, but we have a terrific and very generous donation for "Swag" for this event--we'll have a drawing at the Saturday dinner. It's a pair of Clearwater "Darla" fork-mounted 2000+ lumen LED lights--a $499 value (though currently on sale at $399), and FREE INSTALLATION IS INCLUDED if the winner can come up to Sacramento after YFO. Thanks to Glenn at Clearwater for that, and I'll even put you up for the night you come if you need it.
D2G2_grande.jpg

Since it didn't come up before, there's no "Swag Master" for this rally, but this donation is enough to jump start at least a trend. I talked it over with Tyler and we agreed that we'd make it a raffle and donate any proceeds to some local charity around Mariposa--she's looking into finding a good candidate for that. And since we're doing it, we'd like to ask everybody coming if they can check with local dealers around you, manufacturers, other vendors, and see if we can put together a selection of goodies to be included in the raffle; we'll do it at the Saturday nigh dinner in the other thread.

So if you haven't sent Tyler your confirmation (and maybe some money) for the dinner Saturday, here's another pretty good reason to do it ASAP. See you in about 3 weeks!
DIBS !!!

I am bummed to report that I will not be able to attend
uhoh.gif
There may be others that don't share that emotion at hearing the news but unfortunately I've been told I need to be in the balmy climate of Singapore on Thursday and Friday, and with 20+ hour flight time to return I won't be back on beautiful California soil until RCF2 has already departed.

Hope you all have a great few days!! Please send lots of photos - it will be good to live vicariously
smile.png

I am bummed to report that I will not be able to attend
uhoh.gif
There may be others that don't share that emotion at hearing the news but unfortunately I've been told I need to be in the balmy climate of Singapore on Thursday and Friday, and with 20+ hour flight time to return I won't be back on beautiful California soil until RCF2 has already departed.
Hope you all have a great few days!! Please send lots of photos - it will be good to live vicariously
smile.png
Bummer, Russ... was looking forward to seeing you! Hope you get some time to place tourist in Singapore at least!

Something has come up and Marianne and I sending regrets. Hopefully see many of you on another longish (30-40 day) ride on my planning list that will cover most of the western US and Canada.

Will be cancelling room shortly. Best to all of you!

Ralph

Yosemite Is Being Inundated With Wonderful Waterfalls

KCRA reports a particularly wet season has led to a Yosemite resplendent in waterfalls. Basically, this outdoor paradise is even more beautiful at the moment.

The report states that the major players in the area, Yosemite, Bridalveil and Inferno, are all enjoying a tremendous surge in water thanks to more snowpack than usual in the past few months.

The truly awesome part in all this is “hundreds, if not thousands” of waterfalls have popped up and are running all over the park.

Granted, these are of the temporary, short-lived variety. That just gives you more reason to get on that trip to Yosemite that you have been putting off for years.

Yosemite National Park Ranger Scott Gediman tells KCRA: “People are going to see waterfalls that have either not flowed before or are flowing at huge capacity. Now that we are getting the warmer weather, with the huge snowpack, it's creating a lot of water in the meadows and incredible waterfalls.”

According to the report, waterfalls have popped up everywhere. Some, such as Sentinel, Staircase and Royal Arches, have been dormant for years.

Gediman continues: “In my 20-plus years here, I have never seen Yosemite Falls flowing at the velocity it has. There's just water everywhere.”

California’s capricious weather means this may be the unique year that features astounding waterfalls festooned around the park.

You never need a reason to visit this iconic location. However, if you are kicking yourself for missing the season’s firefall display then consider this your chance at redemption.

Yosemite is absolutely swimming right now and you are missing it

We will not be missing for long. 16 or 17 Days, depending on what your plans are.
punk.gif
bike.gif

In case you didn't watch the video, be sure to bring your rain gear with you when you visit the park. There is a lot of spray around the bigger falls.

Latest posts