2012 Hooterville/Arkansas ride - October 4-7

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You picked a great weekend Mark.. Count me in, I will be on my new to me Vstrom 1000. A little gravel would be fine with me....

Smitty

You picked a great weekend Mark.. Count me in, I will be on my new to me Vstrom 1000. A little gravel would be fine with me....

Smitty
Hey smitty, glad you can make it. Hope to see ya in Hooterville, but go find your own f^en gravel... :glare: :lol:

If anyone would like to do some dualsporting let me know. I know some good gravel and forest service roads down there. Nothing to difficult . If anyone would like to play in the dirt..

It's fun...... Really..

Smitty

I'll be watching and trying to work this one into my schedule. I've been itching to get down there and was lured away from SFO by the Ohio Ramble.

Smitty
Added you to the list Smitty. :yahoo:

I'll be watching and trying to work this one into my schedule. I've been itching to get down there and was lured away from SFO by the Ohio Ramble.
I hope you can make it...adding you to the "fencesitter" list.

(PS-I hope you enjoyed SE Ohio)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS to everybody: I will be contacting the Best Western in Clinton real soon to talk about a group rate...I'll let you know what the results are.

Last edited by a moderator:
I should be there also. Will probably do the gravel if that is to be an option. If not, pavement is nice.

Chester

I should be there also. Will probably do the gravel if that is to be an option. If not, pavement is nice.

Chester

Look forward to seeing you Chester...

...that's a negatory on purposefull gravel from me. I hate gravel! :D

Smitty
Added you to the list Smitty. :yahoo:

I hope you can make it...adding you to the "fencesitter" list.

(PS-I hope you enjoyed SE Ohio)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS to everybody: I will be contacting the Best Western in Clinton real soon to talk about a group rate...I'll let you know what the results are.
Had a little set back last sunday and will have to see how things heal up. I crashed the FZ1 Sunday following behind a buddy on a street glide and my two sons. WTF? To the best of my recolection I washed out the front end trailbraking into a corner. OUCH!

Well, after getting a little time here...I got on to the phone with Eric at the Best Western (Hillside Inn) in Clinton, AR. He has secured a group rate of 67.99 for those that CALL at the hotel and mention Eric's name and the group code of FJR1300.

Contact info:

Best Western (Hillside Inn)

1025 Highway 65 B US Clinton, Arkansas, 72031, United States

Phone: 501/745-4700

I have not saved a block of rooms....just call up now and get what you can...first come first serve. I'm booked...see you there.

If you can get a better price online...go for it...but this is all I'm doing regarding a group rate.

Remember, the group is staying here on Friday and Saturday nights...checking out on Sunday. (Checking in October 5...checking out October 7.)

One last reminder: We are meeting in Hooterville (Farmington, MO) on Thursday. I'm staying in the Super 8...make your own arrangements (no group rate there). I plan to eat at the Catfish Kettle Thursday evening about 6 or 7pm or so. We will ride down to Clinton, AR starting Friday morning...getting there towards evening.

Back in 2009, when I rode fjrider's TwistyButt route out of this same Best Western, there was a great mexican restaurant in town. Hope it's still there. :clapping:

EDIT: La Rosita Mexican Restaurant 244 Highway 65 N Ste 3, Clinton, AR

(501) 745-8120

If the restaurant is still in business, I'm definitely eating there. :yahoo:

Another reminder...as with many places in the south, I believe this is a dry county. So I will be stopping at the MO/AR state line to purchase a little beer at a gas station/convenience store in Thayer, MO.

It might get shaken/stirred up on the twisty routes on the way down. ;)

So be it. :yahoo:

I reserved a room.

Heads up: ****wife alert****. :dribble: She expressed an interest in coming, so watch out. :unsure:

All set for Oct. Thanks Mark for negotiating a great rate at the Best Western.

See you all there.