DON'T run from Kalifornia LEOS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The DA dropped all charges against the driver except the speeding charge. The passenger, the guy who got shot, would not comply with the LEO's commands to stay down. The vid clearly shows him rising from the ground despite the commands. Hence, he got a couple of caps popped in his ass. He had surgery and is doing well.

Sorry to say, the cop is screwed. The Latino community is up in arms.

But, if you're racing through town at a ton plus, what is the cop supposed to think? That you're late for a haircut?

Last edited by a moderator:
TWN, that makes more sense than what the news article is saying. That being that he was being told to get up and was following instructions. If he got up while being told to stay down, he got what he asked for.

The man with the badge and the gun makes the rules. Don't comply? Feed worms. :aaskull:

When I was in high school a very popular guy who I knew through some friends was shot and killed by an off duty cop.

He was fighting with a bunch of other guys and my friend had a baseball bat.

During the fight he got knocked to the ground.

The officer told him to stay down and he started to stand up, the officer shot and killed him.

I had two cops come in to make me get out of my Dad's house in Texas. I was sitting with my hands in my coat pockets. The officers, with guns pointed at me told me to take my hands out and all I could think of is one of them being nervous and shooting me.

I don't think I have ever moved so slow in my life...

I know cops are always appreciative how I always keep my hands in plain view and I don't move them unless they ask me to get something. Could be one of the reasons I haven't got a ticket since I was 19 and was...well...yep...okay....I WAS SPEEDING :cry:

When I was in high school a very popular guy who I knew through some friends was shot and killed by an off duty cop.

The officer told him to stay down and he started to stand up, the officer shot and killed him.
I know of a very similar story. His name wasn't Ray was it?

I know cops are always appreciative how I always keep my hands in plain view and I don't move them unless they ask me to get something. 
Word. From the infamous internet "marine corps rules for firefights":

Watch their hands. Hands kill. In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them.

It's funny, when I was watching the vid last night, you could hear the cop distinctly saying, 'Get down! Get Down!' Tonight, you could only hear a slightly different voice saying, '... get up, ...get up.' I think it's the shootee saying ,'I'm going to get up.'

Something is very odd here... This whole thing stinks to me.

I can't think of a time when I've ever heard or knowon of an officer to say, "Get up!" Din'tcha ever watch the TV program "Cops"? They always want the scene under control, and keeping a suspect face down, on the ground, is control. I agree, TWN, something is fishy.

I had two cops come in to make me get out of my Dad's house in Texas. I was sitting with my hands in my coat pockets. The officers, with guns pointed at me told me to take my hands out and all I could think of is one of them being nervous and shooting me.

Couple of questions:

1) did you WITNESS the shooting? or is that the story you heard?

2) why would it take TWO police officers to get you OUT of your DADS HOUSE?

All I could think of is "How come we have to be here to MAKE this guy leave his DADS HOUSE and what does this guy have in his pockets that can hurt me."

Just wondering?

I know of a very similar story. His name wasn't Ray was it?
His name was David. It was at a gas station in Aspen Hill Maryland.

He was dating a girl I grew up with and still have contact with, they were enganged.

He slapped her and some guys from WV saw it and the fight broke out.

Couple of questions:

1) did you WITNESS the shooting? or is that the story you heard?

2) why would it take TWO police officers to get you OUT of your DADS HOUSE?

All I could think of is "How come we have to be here to MAKE this guy leave his DADS HOUSE and what does this guy have in his pockets that can hurt me."

Just wondering?
Well, answer to question 1:) No I wasn't there but it was big news here and it did get a lot of press. The girl involved was a close friend also.

As far as the thing with my Dad goes it is kind of a long story but here goes.

My step-brother came in late one night so my step-mom start yelling and telling him all these things she could do like kicking him out and on and on.

Well, I was pretty tired so I woke up and said "I could shoot you but that doesn't mean I will so unless you are going to do something shutup".

Well, the gun mention was propably not the brightest thing to say so that day she went to the cops to have me removed even though they never asked me to leave.

So after the cops got the situation under control they told my Dad he had to tell me to leave. Which if he had just done that in the first place I would have...

I did have a shotgun in my truck so that caused the fear...

Yep, always keep your hands where they can see them. If you have to reach into your pocket or glove box or whatever, tell him that you are going to do that before you move your hands. Out of the thousands of people a cop talks to during his career, it only takes one with a gun in his pocket to kill him.

I've watched it and I am still not sure exactly what is happening. I am very unsure that the voice I hear saying "Get up - Getup" is either of the persons framed in that video. I just can't say what is happening with any certainty. Despite being the original poster of this, I have to say that it does not make any sense for the officer to say get up and then shoot. I strongly doubt that is what happened. TWN's explaination is far, far more likely.

At least no one died.

I've watched it and I am still not sure exactly what is happening. I am very unsure that the voice I hear saying "Get up - Getup" is either of the persons framed in that video. I just can't say what is happening with any certainty. Despite being the original poster of this, I have to say that it does not make any sense for the officer to say get up and then shoot. I strongly doubt that is what happened. TWN's explaination is far, far more likely.At least no one died.
What's happening is the Vette crashed into a residential retaining wall and wedged between a utility pole and the wall. The driver could not get out on his side. The passenger got out and was ordered to the ground. He then started to tell the cop that he was not armed and the he was military police, but he would not shut up and the cop was trying to take control of the situation.

Mind you, the driver was yelling as well and there was another cop maneuvering to cover him. They interviewed the driver on last night's news and he sounded a lot like the voice saying, 'get up' on the vid. Surprisingly, the driver took full blame for the passenger getting shot, so there may be something there.

There is a distinct difference in the audio portions between the first airing of that vid and those that are out now. Someone's fooking around and it really smells bad to me.

Latest posts