Malibu Canyons

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hwwww such a great ride....Sorry to see 2 of you with the rubber side up today..Chit happins. Glad your both where ok...

Good to see you all again. That was some cool roads and cant wait to start on the Video

Cheers

Jdog

Home safe.

Great seeing the gang again and meeting Armand and HBLarry. ;)

Jeff - Great to see you... on the Busa. I gotta get used to that. Thanks for filming our little ride, look forward to the vid.

John - I got about 43.5mpg for the day, only used about 5.5 gallons 240 miles.

Next time Malibu Seafood. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a blast! I did about 387 miles for the day.

I am happy to say I was not one of the rubber side up people. We do have an APB out for a crazy bicyclist though.

Thanks guys!

I am happy to say my spin wipe out in the mud in the parking lot was not what i call dramatic but it did give me a rush, 460 miles plus for me today, great time thanks guys for another epic ride, hope you all can join us for the next ride in the San Diego area, oh as usual the traffice on the 405 and 5 sucked but I love splitting lanes for a 100 miles dont you

Steve

I am happy to say my spin wipe out in the mud in the parking lot was not what i call dramatic but it did give me a rush, 460 miles plus for me today, great time thanks guys for another epic ride, hope you all can join us for the next ride in the San Diego area, oh as usual the traffice on the 405 and 5 sucked but I love splitting lanes for a 100 miles dont you
Steve
DUDE That was some slippery muddy water..My rear tire spun all the way up that drive in idel..LOL

Hal, thanks man :angry: How are you

After i left you guys i hit 101 north out of westlake and had to lane split all the way to Ventura Traffic sucked for me too

Steve
DUDE That was some slippery muddy water..My rear tire spun all the way up that drive in idel..LOL

Hal, thanks man :angry: How are you

After i left you guys i hit 101 north out of westlake and had to lane split all the way to Ventura Traffic sucked for me too
Jeff, sorry, what I meant was who went rubber up? Was just concerned. Glad no one was hurt.

Jorstin hit a mud puddle turning into a parking lot and did a very skillful spin, dirt bike style and ended up on the ground.

Pegscraper got t-boned by a bicyclist and dropped the bike. Luckily Mrs. Pegscraper was off the bike already. The bicyclist managed to get away. Yeah he gave 6 guys on bikes the slip. Armand and I were not there yet or we would have got him. :aikido: The bicylist were a pain all day. I did get to try out my new horns on them. That was fun.

Jdog did get the t-boning on video.

All kidding aside Jorstin got a bruised knee and Pegscraper got a bruised hand/wrist, but they did managed to finished the ride.

Both bikes picked up a few scratches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the briefing, definitely interested in seeing more prose and pictures! I also was concerned when I first saw Jeff report that two riders had kissed the ground, but was reassured when Jeff said they were both OK! You know, like all of us on this FJR Forum, we respect others we share the road with! But some of these bicyclists ride: Like they don't have a brain!

Jorstin hit a mud puddle turning into a parking lot and did a very skillful spin, dirt bike style and ended up on the ground.
Pegscraper got t-boned by a bicyclist and dropped the bike. Luckily Mrs. Pegscraper was off the bike already. The bicyclist managed to get away. Yeah he gave 6 guys on bikes the slip. Armand and I were not there yet or we would have got him. :aikido: The bicylist were a pain all day. I did get to try out my new horns on them. That was fun.

Jdog did get the t-boning on video.

All kidding aside Jorstin got a bruised knee and Pegscraper got a bruised hand/wrist, but they did managed to finished the ride.

Both bikes picked up a few scratches.

I beleave so.. the one that was dropped at Neptunes was righted up when camera got in view..The other up off Kanan im still searching for.. Its in the middle of a clip so i need to search for it...I dont always have recorder running i make minute clips. As soon as i find it i will let you know

Yea, I put a warm pad on my knee last night and crashed out when I got home, this morning Knee feeling better, John great report on the days events, I saw Pegscraper go over and that was some scary stuff and that jerk on the bike shrug his shoulders and took off, he could have at least helped get the bike up. Jdog looking forward to the video Love the BUSA

Steve (JORSTIN)

Steve
Steve, You really went out for the hike didn't you.......460 miles. :clapping: Sorry about that clay puddle you spun out in..........I saw some tire spin just before you went thru it and it looked deep. Should have measured how deep it was? The salt in the wound parking warriors were a treat........never seen those hombres before.

Hope you guys had good time .......I certainly did :yahoo: I felt surprisingly good after that twisty beast.

Anybody take any pictures?............. haven't transferred mine yet.

HBLARRY

See Ride Reports for photos

It was a picture perfect day but who has time to take pictures when the riding conditions

are this good. We were tearing up so many roads, I had trouble keeping track. There were

a couple I had issue with, La Tuna? (tore the hell out of my tires) and the one-way road down to PCH

(it had so many hair-pin turns). But the day was a blast, except for that bicyclist who T-boned my

Feejer when we were stopped. That A.H. was flying around that blind curve and could have stayed

closer to the center of the lane instead of hugging the shoulder. Luckily MsNascar jumped off before shit happened.

Home safe.
Great seeing the gang again and meeting Armand and HBLarry. ;)

Jeff - Great to see you... on the Busa. I gotta get used to that. Thanks for filming our little ride, look forward to the vid.

John - I got about 43.5mpg for the day, only used about 5.5 gallons 240 miles.

Next time Malibu Seafood. :D
Sorry guys,.......... I didn't realize you guys were so big on the fish and chips. I am for sure too........ but when I see that fresh tuna it makes me nuts. That big hunk the

cook gave me was really good. I may have to take a ride up there again soon and hit the

'Ol Malibu Seafood with the wife.

I had a total of 215 miles for the day from Huntington Beach and one bar showing and the reserve

so I did pretty good. I get about 25 miles on the bar and don't dare go over 33 miles once it hits

reserve. I ran out at the garage door once.

HBLARRY

Latest posts