NER RIMBY Group ride Saturday Western MA and VT

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Bill

Old Dog
Reaction score
The New England Riders are putting on a group ride Saturday. The event was rained out on 7/28 so this is the alternate date.

Details here

Post up if you can make it.

Lunch is at the Rt2 hairpin and my group will park on the inside corner just before the hairpin (So we have to walk across Rt2 for lunch). We should arrive at the lunch spot with time to spare to shoot pictures of us doing the hairpin while waiting for everyone else to show up.

Bill,

Are you leading the "fast" group? I didn't see a speed designation next to your name, so I'm only making an assumption! :lol: or was there not a category that was fast enough for you?

Have a good ride! Stay safe.

CJ

Bill,

Are you leading the "fast" group? I didn't see a speed designation next to your name, so I'm only making an assumption! :lol: or was there not a category that was fast enough for you?

Have a good ride! Stay safe.

CJ
All my FJR friends wimped out and there are only three of us so I lost my group standing and I'm bringing up the rear of the first group. Sort of like being made to stand in the corner when you were a kid.

So I'm in the fast group, but they mean a different fast from what we call fast here. There is a lot of woomen in our group too. One on an R1 whatever that is.

https://photos3.meetu...r_56606522.jpeg

So? How was it??? Looked like the fog was gonna be pretty thick out that way until the sun burned it off leading to a hot, muggy day when I got out of work at seven this morning.......

So? How was it??? Looked like the fog was gonna be pretty thick out that way until the sun burned it off leading to a hot, muggy day when I got out of work at seven this morning.......

How hot was it? It was so hot I was getting hot flashes like my wife!

I emailed my pal to meet junction of 148/9 He thought it was 148/20

We made up the time pretty easy. Greenwich Rd near the Quabbin has fresh pavement and the holes that used to swallow your tires are gone.

My buddy Ken who bought my brother in laws bike was at the meet up in Orange. I was checking out the bike and found a drywall screw in his rear tire. We plugged it, but that and six other plugs failed at the end of the day near Springfield.

Cruiser rider in slow group went boom and come to find out broke his ankle. His gear consisted of a Hawiian shirt so he got scraped up a little too.

What were we doing in Springfield. Well it was raining cats and dogs along with flood warnings along our route from Mount Graylock so five of us hightailed it South to Jacobs Ladder. The construction there is still going on.

So MrMoto, Audioguy and myself in the fast group were joined by Mossyrocks after he realized just how painful it is to ride the FJR behind a loser cruiser in the slow group.

The R1 didn't show. I was looking forward to watching that thing carve the corners.

Latest posts