NERDS 5 - We're on a roll now!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No firm plans yet but I've been to all the previous gatherings. I may elect to camp nearby instead of staying at the Commodore's.

I have probably gone by the Mt. Washington Auto Road at least 50 times over the years. I have never done the ride to the top. One of these days...(Don't do it on Motorcycle Day if you value your brake pads and rotors - June 12 and 15. Harley parade!)
My second V-65 Sabre brought my wife and I up a million years ago. Geared perfectly to allow idling down, versus the pull off spots with cars, vans, and bikes with smoking brakes. She didn't like the ride down as much because you can see down over the edge.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER I met up with CJ, his son and his friends on a weekend run and hit the top again. Still no fog. I've been lucky.

Updated the list of (at least probable) attendees on the first post.
I'm sure the list will grow as we get closer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. I've added both of you frost-backs to the list!
Never mind? So proficient, alphabetical order. Typical engineer.
winksmiley02.gif

Dave

I SAID TOO IN THERE! As in ALSO! Sheesh!

I knew that was going to bite me. Bunch of over-sensitive bikers. Try to say something nice and look what happens.

<sigh>

What kinda beer do you all like? Probably have to order one of them Garuald seat racks now - TOO.
sarcasm.gif
drinks.gif

Well if Mikey's buying on our account.... Damn right we'll be there (thirsty) Fred he's gonna need a bigger cooler
smile.png
P.S Thanks Mikey we miss you TOO !

Put me down as a probable. With CFR looking to be a nogo this year I should be able to fit this in.

Chris

Good news, Chris!

Stowe is a short ride south of the 45th parallel. NERDS could stand in as a fair substitute for CFR this year, eh?

Nevermind that last bit. It looks like fjrob kicked off a CFR in Nova Scotia on the following weekend.
It would be pretty easy to attend both if one had the time, money and inclination.