Official SW-FOG 2015 Announcement: 5/28-31, THU-SUN!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it will help: If your wife doesn't give a shit about you going, we (and I think I can speak for the group) don't give a shit either. You will at least be in company who thinks like your wife, and feel right at home.
I'm not sure how to interpret that, but thanks for your concern.
Said completely in jest. Just trying to prepare you for what you will be encountering.

And I'm one of the more civil ones joining........

You guys are forgetting about rule number 72 (or is it 73?): Be nice to the first time attendees so they will buy beer.
coolsmiley02.gif

If it will help: If your wife doesn't give a shit about you going, we (and I think I can speak for the group) don't give a shit either. You will at least be in company who thinks like your wife, and feel right at home.
I'm not sure how to interpret that, but thanks for your concern.
Said completely in jest. Just trying to prepare you for what you will be encountering.

You guys are forgetting about rule number 72 (or is it 73?): Be nice to the first time attendees so they will buy beer.
coolsmiley02.gif

+1, Gunny; A Great Call Greg, by the way you were right the first time Geezer: It is FJR Forum Rule Number 72! jes' sayin' and nuff said, Salud!

SW-FOG 2015 / Cedar City, UT Attendance Roster on 1/15/15. If attending and not on this list contact Don Stanley at [email protected] or 480-440-4666

"Maybes" List:

Bustanut joker

101stpathfinder - Tony

Panman

Longrider - Bruce W

Morecowbell

bikerskier

John Y. and Isa

MCRIDER007

Intech and Spanky

gregory

bigjohnsd and Festar

0Face-Marty

Iris

Jim aka ZOOOMM AGAIN

griff

Abercrombie FJR

pegscraper and MsNASCAR

101stpathfinder and Mrs. Tony

HelzBelz

Zbear

Fly Bye

KiloWatts

blufjr - Ken

Back Road Bob

Cooleyman - Dave

BeemerDonS
Miss Donna
Seth S.
Smokeball
Bob Flanders
AZgman
Mudslide Miller
Dashbaw
Big D.
Chris M.
stealth1
HotRodZilla
GalaxyBlue
zzzzip - Skip
Bokerfork
Old Michael
Yatzee426
erixun
TheZsdad
petey
Geezer
BwanaDik and Bambi
LCB
weluvbikn - Phil and Charlene
R Price
Spud
Thingfish - Paul
Tucson Joe and Cec
Tyler
SacramentoMike
twisted cricket
NMRoadRunner

Last edited by a moderator:

Ah, ok...you'll have to forgive me, I'm a little slow sometimes.
coolsmiley02.gif

I'm always happy to buy beer, but I refuse to have any relations with any goats or sheep...inflatable, stuffed, or otherwise. That's where I draw the line.
Speaking of beer, and with Cedar City being in Utah and all that...is all the beer there going to be watered down Utah-style, or can you pick up the real stuff at the state run liquor store? But if the wife doesn't ride pillion and take up all the trunk space, I'll bring beer from CA. The V46 can easily carry three six-packs. I might be able to squeeze more in there with creative use of the space. Also, for a 4-day trip, all my stuff fits in one side case...so I'll the other side available for beer hauling as well.

Alcohol? I can see this guy will not fit in at all.

That Moose Drool is good stuff.

More cow bell, you need a ffing trailer!

But then again, some Rally's have FREE beer :) JSNS

I'm always happy to buy beer, but I refuse to have any relations with any goats or sheep...inflatable, stuffed, or otherwise. That's where I draw the line. THIS MIGHT CHANGE
Speaking of beer, and with Cedar City being in Utah and all that...is all the beer there going to be watered down Utah-style, or can you pick up the real stuff at the state run liquor store?
The beer sold in restaurants (unless they have a full bar license), grocery stores and convenient stores is the 3.2% beer. You can get the unleaded stuff at the liquor store* *IF* they have it in stock. BUT, not every store carries the same stuff. Some stores have a good selection, some, well, leave a lot to be desired. And if you are looking for the generic name brand full strength at the liquor store, you will be disappointed. They typically do not carry the full strength version of what you can buy in the convenient stores, usually they carry the flavors that the breweries just do not make in 3.2 level. So you won't find Bud Light at the state run liquor store.

Hope that helps. I suggest if you have a particular flavor that you enjoy, well, just take the above under advisement. I am Not telling anyone to bring in 'untaxed' alcohol into the state, that might be wrong.
not_i.gif
I have been known to accidentally purchase some stuff in, say, Idaho or another state and forget to consume it all before coming home before.
uhoh.gif
Most LEO's won't piss and moan about it, unless you are bringing in an entire truck load, or its open and being enjoyed in the vehicle while driving down the road. Kinda sucks that I can't enjoy a Michelob Ultra Cactus Lime or Ultra Light Cider on a regular basis, but I didn't make the rules, and people who don't drink, did.

Here is a link to the official explanation of Utah's silly rules- https://abc.utah.gov/laws/law_residents.html (Note- just because a product is listed on their product price list does not mean they carry it regularly, just means you can order it through them.)

Cheers!

Wow, I am always baffled at the variations of liquor laws from state to state. I don't think I have ever seen 3.2 beer sold up in the this area.

I'm always happy to buy beer, but I refuse to have any relations with any goats or sheep…inflatable, stuffed, or otherwise. That's where I draw the line.

So Morecowbell, then exactly what is your personal policy on relations with Burros? Inquiring minds do want to know, ese! jes' sayin' and nuff said, Hee-Haw!

The beer sold in restaurants (unless they have a full bar license), grocery stores and convenient stores is the 3.2% beer. You can get the unleaded stuff at the liquor store* *IF* they have it in stock. BUT, not every store carries the same stuff. Some stores have a good selection, some, well, leave a lot to be desired. And if you are looking for the generic name brand full strength at the liquor store, you will be disappointed. They typically do not carry the full strength version of what you can buy in the convenient stores, usually they carry the flavors that the breweries just do not make in 3.2 level. So you won't find Bud Light at the state run liquor store.

Hope that helps. I suggest if you have a particular flavor that you enjoy, well, just take the above under advisement. I am Not telling anyone to bring in 'untaxed' alcohol into the state, that might be wrong.
not_i.gif
I have been known to accidentally purchase some stuff in, say, Idaho or another state and forget to consume it all before coming home before.
uhoh.gif
Most LEO's won't piss and moan about it, unless you are bringing in an entire truck load, or its open and being enjoyed in the vehicle while driving down the road. Kinda sucks that I can't enjoy a Michelob Ultra Cactus Lime or Ultra Light Cider on a regular basis, but I didn't make the rules, and people who don't drink, did.

Here is a link to the official explanation of Utah's silly rules- https://abc.utah.gov/laws/law_residents.html (Note- just because a product is listed on their product price list does not mean they carry it regularly, just means you can order it through them.)

Cheers!
Good Utah info Erixun.

For Cedar City, we do have one large. very nice, clean, modern, very neat and well organized liquor store.

It has a good selection of wine and liquor. Prices are not terrible.

The real beer selection is good as long as you are not looking for major brands as noted by Erixun. All beer is room temp so you have to think about your decision to drink beer while you wait for it to chill. Prices, unfortunately, are approximately double what you would pay at Lee's Discount Liquor in Mesquite, NV.

The liquor store is located at the extreme south end of town, about 1/8 mile past the Home Depot. We certainly wouldn't want to locate it anywhere some child might see it on his or her way to church or school.

The liquor store is only open from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm Mon-Sat. Also closed on all holidays, which really makes sense if you consider the staff are state employees.

There is a real bar (Mike's) not too far from the El Rey. Within stumbling distance for the more athletically inclined imbibers.

I forgot to mention another quirk that may interest some that are worried about the 3.2% level. In a weird twist, if you purchase a local brew (meaning the beer was made in Utah) at the grocery store or convenience store, it is not restricted to the 3.2 level.

So beers made by Wasatch, Uinta, Squatters and the like, have more octane. Go figure.

I forgot to mention another quirk that may interest some that are worried about the 3.2% level. In a weird twist, if you purchase a local brew (meaning the beer was made in Utah) at the grocery store or convenience store, it is not restricted to the 3.2 level.
So beers made by Wasatch, Uinta, Squatters and the like, have more octane. Go figure.
Actually the 3.2% legal limit is actually % by weight.

The Utah brewers list % by volume on their labels.

3.2% by weight is approximately equal to 4% by volume.

I learned this on the internet shortly after moving here because it confused me too.

Actually the 3.2% legal limit is actually % by weight.

The Utah brewers list % by volume on their labels.

3.2% by weight is approximately equal to 4% by volume.

I learned this on the internet shortly after moving here because it confused me too.
Shit, I lived there for 23 years and didn't know that!! Thanks Stealth1!