• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's Personal Hydration System

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Put me down for two. One for fluids and the other for, whatever.

Please advise as to price and availability.

Folks, I have been in contact with Finishing First, Inc, on the advice of Warchild and will be getting some samples in the mail for powder coating. I gave them some dimensions on the base and they gave me a rough estimate on price. If the numbers look good on quantity, this will be a no brainer to have added as their pricing was very attractive. :dribble:

They are sending me a sample of the gloss black as shown here:

GIVI Rack Aesthetics

And also some matt black with 30% gloss added. They mentioned to me that the gloss tends to show scratches a little easier and think the semi gloss finish will be more durable. I will post pictures side by side and we will pick one to go with.

I should have my final prototype from the seamstress in hand today, and I also still need to do a fit check on an '06.(hint, hint :D ) This will firm up the base and bag design and then allow me to send Finishing First Inc a final drawing to get an accurate quote.

Once I get this information together, we will then proceed to firm up the number of participants. If enough are interested and we can cover all costs, then it will be a go.

Skyway -- i have an 06, but am in LA (lower alabama) -- so a trip to sonora won't work for me.

if you can't get an '06 -- you can mail the stuff to me, i'll fit it up, take pics, and mail it back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I know what my kids can get me for Christmas....perfect timing..put me down for 1....

Skyway, I'll take one too. I did a similar set up for the Butt-Lite but this will work mucho better. Thanks for all your work!

I am also vary interested in gitting one it gets real hot here in Texas in August and September come to think of it its hot all summer maby I need two !!!!! B)

Here is a photo of a slightly modified outer bag. It no longer has the material covering the zipper and velcro now holds the adjustable straps in place. The velcro serves to keep the straps from ever loosening up. Not that I ever had this happen, it is more for piece of mind. I found that during the recent SS1K test run, I found getting the zippers opened and closed could have been easier, so I had the material that covered them removed. Now it's super easy, just what I was looking for.

The previous version works well, I just wanted to remove any potential frustrations while out on the road. The latest changes have achieved this. The design you see is what we are going with. I also had some grey and blue sewn in to show that there are choices other than black. For those who may be worried about grime, this piece is washable when used with Nikwax. In fact I think grey will hide dust better than black. Despite this, even after 1K, the black held up just fine in terms of showing dust and dirt.

I also want to point out that I never had any issue with obstruction when getting on and off the bike, due to the location of this farkle. I am not the tallest of FJR pilots, and even when backing up I would sometimes feel it a little with the back of my boot, but never enough to put me off balance.

IMG_1866.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like, put me down for one. :clapping:

I to would take one please. Even though I no longer have the fjr :angry2: I will mod it (if needed) to work on my wing. Thanks for your work. bete.

I gotta have one of those. Great job by the way!!! Put me down for onw and where do I send the check>>> Blue 05 ABS

Lucky

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.