• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WynPro Air Induction Cover Plates

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have been PayPal'd.... :)

Look forward to uncluttering the engine bay.....

Thanks

Well I installed these today, didn't take pics.... more of a pain in the ass without doing it during the valve check...

Either way - I didn't drain the coolant and less then a cup overflowed from the coolant tubes upon extraction from the heads, but no big deal. Removed all the PAIR crap, sealed the airbox with the aluminum plug and part of one of the hoses from the PAIR garbage. Buttoned 'er back up and away I go....

Took me all of about a hour and 15 mins.

Thanks for the pretty covers. Look nice and fixed my popcorn machine with my Leo Vince Pipes on decel...

Dave:

Just PayPal'd you for a set. Looking forward to the install.

I installed a set when I did a valve check last summer. I went in last week for a TBS and what a pleasure it was to have great access to the vacuum tubes! Get yourself a set, you will be glad that you did.

Dave:

Great service. Unwrapped them just now. My wife asked, "Wait. Those go under the hood?"

Does seem a shame.

Thanks

If these will work on a Gen 3 I have funds sitting in my PayPal account ready to purchase...

Are there any available? I'd like to order a set. Is the price the same?
Yes and Yes,

See the first post for details. I just got back from vacaton and will be catching up on orders.

Thanks for your patience,

Dave

Anyone put these on a 2013 yet?

If these will work on a Gen 3 I have funds sitting in my PayPal account ready to purchase...
Since I can't seem to get an answer I guess I'll spend my money elsewhere.
You do that.

But do you realize how douchey you sound?

Do you realize that this is just a forum guy with a regular job that does this in his own spare time as a service to the FJR Forum community?

Did you actually take the time to reach out and PM him (Dave is his name, if you care) with your question?

Or perhaps you just expect that because you have a 2013 that everyone would come around catering to your most important question?

Wow... 5 full days have passed since you asked.

Sheesh...

You do that.

Do you realize that this is just a forum guy with a regular job that does this in his own spare time as a service to the FJR Forum community?

Did you actually take the time to reach out and PM him (Dave is his name, if you care) with your question?

Or perhaps you just expect that because you have a 2013 that everyone would come around catering to your most important question?

Sheesh...
And yet another guy asked a question AFTER I did (in fact his question are posted in the middle of my two posts, and Dave's reply to him is after my second post) and Dave answered him within 2 days and has yet to reply to my question. So how "douchey" is that?

As far as expectations, I would expect anyone that is selling items to keep up with questions about said items if they want to make sales. Especially when someone indicates they have money waiting...

Sheesh indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:

You do that.

Sheesh...
And yet another guy asked a question AFTER I did (in fact his question are posted in the middle of my two posts, and Dave's reply to him is after my second post) and Dave answered him within 2 days and has yet to reply to my question. So how "douchey" is that?

As far as expectations, I would expect anyone that is selling items to keep up with questions about said items if they want to make sales. Especially when someone indicates they have money waiting...

Sheesh indeed.
Dave knew the answer to that question. He didn't know the answer to yours.

If I was him I'd tell you to put your money where the sun don't shine.

You do that.

Sheesh...

Sheesh indeed.
Dave knew the answer to that question. He didn't know the answer to yours.

If I was him I'd tell you to put your money where the sun don't shine.
If he doesn't know, then a reply of "I don't know" would suffice instead of ignoring someone.

And you can take you opinions and put them "where the sun don't shine"

A simple PM would have sufficed, Take a lesson from the below PM from Bogus

Sent 26 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

David, do you still make the block off plates for the FJR1300? I got some from you for my 08, and am anticipating getting a 14 in the spring. I am just preparing for the inevitable, and getting my ducks in a row! I am thinking that no changes were made in that area of the engine, so your plates should fit. If you still have them, I would like to order a set in the near future. Let me know at your convenience.
Thanks, Bill aka"Bogus" on the forum

My response to bugus:
Sent 28 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

Hello Bill,

I am jellous, Not sure if a 2014 is going to be in my future for next year but it would be nice. Yes I have the covers and I don't see why anything would change also. Plenty in stock so when ever you are ready let me know.

I just got back from EOM and vacation this evening and I am catching up on my emails and orders.

Thanks, Dave
See how thats done, Polite curtious and consise.

Oh and by the way you can keep your money in your paypal account.

Dave

A simple PM would have sufficed, Take a lesson from the below PM from Bogus

Oh and by the way you can keep your money in your paypal account.

Dave
A simple reply to my question in the thread as you replied to others that asked questions after me would have worked just as well. That way anyone else with the same question could see the answer instead of everyone having to PM you.

And keeping my money is not a problem at all.

A simple search with any OEM parts retailer would answer your question. Just to let you know.

There is no change in part numbers so at this time the Air induction covers will fit all year FJR's up until the year 2013.

There isn't any info on the 2014 as of yet.

There you go.

Dave

Dave,

I want to publicly thank you for the service you provide to the FJR community.

Because we are close acquaintances, I do know that you have a family and a full time job, and that you only make these awesome CNC milled farkles in your spare time at home. Even though you sell these to forum members in the "Vendors" section, and call yourself "WynPro", you are not really a business enterprise, more like a hobby machinist willing to share his abilities.

The pieces that you make for our FJRs (Big Foot, RAM Bone, and these PAIR Block-off Plates) are totally unique designs, and can not be bought anywhere else that I am aware of, and yet the prices are downright reasonable considering the craftsmanship involved. And as is in evidence in the Vendor Feedback Thread on you, your service is, and always has been, top notch. Better than many of the "Professional" shops.

I am very glad that you do not get turned off when some people come around stamping their feet and making stupid demands. I guess there is always one (or more) in every crowd. It just would be a shame not to have your resources available to the community because of them.

Thanks again for what you do, and please... Keep up the great work!!
thumbsupsmiley.png

Status
Not open for further replies.