• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WynPro Air Induction Cover Plates

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you running modified exhaust it will help to eliminate the popping sound. Remove the pair system plug the air box and tape up the connector to keep crap out. That's about it. Other than getting to know your Feejer more personally. You get to bond.

Good luck,

Dave

As Dave said, there is no tuning or other mods necessary to get rid of the PAIR crap.

PAIR's purpose is to inject air in the exhaust stream under very specific circumstances to try and burn up any remaining fuel in the exhaust for emissions reasons. Getting rid of that feature will not cause any change in how the engine runs, though it might cause the exhaust to be slightly richer under certain circumstances, like at idle and on over-run. The vast majority of the time the PAIR solenoid is commanded closed by the ECU, so the bike runs like the PAIR wasn't there anyway. There is a possibility that the headers will run cooler and the cats will run hotter without PAIR since the cats will then have to burn off any unburned fuel that would have ignited in the header with the PAIR air injected.

The primary advantage of removal is elimination of the clutter under the tank for future maintenance. Side benefits are the small weight reduction, the increased airflow under the tank reducing heating of the fuel (more important for 1st gens), elimination of popping sound on deceleration especially for those with louder than normal exhausts (that's the sound of the unburned fuel igniting ahead of the cat).

Thanks for all the help guys. It seems like get the plates, remove the hoses, and plug up the air box hole. Sorry I disappeared for a few days, been working long hours.

In the middle of a 75,000 refurbishing on a Gen 1 and just removed the PAIR system for a valve adjustment.

Do you still have these in stock? I would love to get a set. Do they come with gaskets or do you just install over existing reed valves?

Thanks,

Jack

Just ordered a set and can't wait to install them and get rid of some plumbing. Do you just install over reed valves? Do you have to do anything to the reed valves?
Thanks,

Jack

75K mi refurb

https://s1368.photobucket.com/user/dogguy1957/media/IMG_0657_zpsad88536e.jpg.html
If you have OCD then by all means take out the reed valves and clean them. Myself, I just left mine alone. You will need to leave them in since that's what completes the seal so they don't leak air. Instructions will be included with the covers when they arrive. I shipped an order of covers yesterday so if there yours they are on the way. To busy to check at this time.

Thanks, Dave

Last two sets sold tonight, Thank you folks.

Now I will be busy this weekend making more. The wifey is off on a weekend trip so this will keep me out of trouble.

Dave

I put mine on Sunday. No big deal to put on. I did cut down a regular allen wrench. Changed the plugs while i was in there.

I am hoping to have some sets ready for tomorrow. I had a meeting to go to tonight so not much got done.

Fingers crossed,

Dave

As soon as I get home I will be back in the cold garage tonight. Guess I will turn the heat on this time. There's nothing like working with cold aluminum.

Dave

bought mine a couple years ago and finally got around to intstalling them. thanks Dave for making these for us, much appreciated!

2007FJRHolesot9.jpg

My buddy and I just got done putting these on my bike. Dave has done a bang up job on these covers. They are so nice looking, it's a shame they are hidden under the gas tank.

FYI.. Since my bike is a none California bike, there was a light gray hose that was part of the air induction hoses that already had a plug in it. I took it off the air induction tree of hoses and used that to block off the air box inlet.

To be honest, this is not a hard task at all. It is simply time consuming due to the placement of the allen heads.

Again, kudos to Dave, and thank you very much. I love the covers!

Status
Not open for further replies.