• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WynPro Air Induction Cover Plates

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kept telling myself I was going to arrange a ride out so I could say Hi, but.....Check is going out in the mail today.....Was going to do the bigfoot at the same time, but it looks like it might not fit with the Delkevics.....Thanks Dave!

Did my first TBS a little bit ago on a 2018 A model and what a pain getting in there. Any issues using these plates on a 2018A?

Dan

Yes,

Instillation will throw an error code in years 2016 and on. Not something you want to see when riding. The reason is stated in the first post.#1. The onboard diagnostics (OBD2) does not like seeing the switch disconnected.

Dave

Yes,
Instillation will throw an error code in years 2016 and on. Not something you want to see when riding. The reason is stated in the first post.#1. The onboard diagnostics (OBD2) does not like seeing the switch disconnected.

Dave
I wonder if removing the switch from the assembly and plugging it back in would prevent the code? Oh well, thanks for letting me know.

Regards,

Dan

My knowledge of electronics is limited. I almost bet you could somehow jump the wires to get this to work but I will leave that up to the more knowledgeable in that area.

Wink,
wink.png

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
The solenoid IIRC is small and mounts into a loop spring holder. Couldn't the rest of the stuff be removed/capped and the solenoid left in place plugged in but doing nothing without throwing a code?

Yeah, that would be the easy way around it. Alternative would be some sort of resistor or coil plugged in to simulate the solenoid.

After looking at the parts fische it looks like the air cutoff valve just allows the air to get from the Air box to the Engine. Maybe you could just leave the valve in and pull all the other stuff out.

Fixed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually it is just the opposite Dave, the PAIR solenoid allows air from the air box to be induced into the exhaust stream under certain specific circumstances, the idea bring to allow any exhaust gasses to combust better in the Cats. Either way, with the small amount of hydrocarbons in the exhaust its reallt overkill

Actually it is just the opposite Dave, the PAIR solenoid allows air from the air box to be induced into the exhaust stream under certain specific circumstances, the idea bring to allow any exhaust gasses to combust better in the Cats. Either way, with the small amount of hydrocarbons in the exhaust its reallt overkill
I originally removed my PAIR system at around 50K miles, and the little "diaphragms" were completely blocked up with gunk, i.e. effectively blocking the airflow anyway. So based on this I figure all this PAIR crap is just designed to pass EPA certification and not to work for the life of the bike, YMMV.

2005, I was a little worried when you mentioned it was a blue bike but didn't state what year. All set now.

Thanks,

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts