• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WynPro Air Induction Cover Plates

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave,

Plates arrived today; after I get all the plumbing off is there anything other than what the plates block off that will also need to be blocked off?

TKS

Tim (AKA Robert T)
In case I forgot to put these in the box.

Cover Install notes

1) If the covers are being installed on a GenI the water tubes will have to be removed for installation. Make sure to drain ½ of the coolant before removing tubes.

2) If the covers are being installed on a GenII you will need a stub allen wrench to remove one of the screws on cover plate #1. You can either grind your allen wrench shorter or use a cutoff wheel with a dremel tool. There is no need to remove the water tube on GenII bikes.

3) Do not remove the reed valves when installing the covers. They are made of rubber and create the seal for the plates.

4) You will also have to plug the hole in the air box that is left when you remove all the hoses and valve. Some have used the existing hose with the aluminum plug in it.

AutoZone also sells a plastic cap to fit over the opening.

5) Make sure to use electrical tape to cover the connector That is no longer being used so debris does not get in.

6) Bag everything you took off in a large Ziplock bag and save it in case you ever need to reinstall the Air induction system again.

* The number on the new plate should correspond with casting numbers that comes off.

Received yesterday after a weekend order. Great product Dave and thanks for the quick shipping. Definitely cleans up under the tank and makes the throttle body sync easier.

Super fast, mine showed up in two days and look great! Not to mention the much easier TBS without all the stuff in the way. Thanks Dave.

Updated: 08/28/10

Hello All,

Some members have been asking if the covers are still available. I will be keeping these in inventory. The price is now $48.00 which includes shipping and handling to the lower 48 states. $53.00 shipped to Canada.

If you prefer using paypal you can send payment to my paypal account at the folllowing email address. [email protected]

You can also send a check or money order to the address below. Once I have received payment I will ship out your order priority mail USPS.

Thanks again,

WynPro Machine

Attn: David D. Wynne

115 Quaker Lane

Acushnet, MA 02743

08FJR4ME, (AKA Dave)
Hi Dave. As it has been quite awhile since you have been offering these cover plates, I was afraid they may not be available any more. I would like to acquire a set, and thought the price may have changed as well. Could you give me a heads up as to their availability, either here or my e-mail address: [email protected]. Thanks!

Hello All,

Some members have been asking if the covers are still available. I will be keeping these in inventory. The price is now $48.00 which includes shipping and handling to the lower 48 states. $53.00 shipped to Canada.

If you prefer using paypal you can send payment to my paypal account at the folllowing email address. [email protected]

You can also send a check or money order to the address below. Once I have received payment I will ship out your order priority mail USPS.

Thanks again,

WynPro Machine

115 Quaker Lane

Acushnet, MA 02743

08FJR4ME, (AKA Dave)
Hi Dave. As it has been quite awhile since you have been offering these cover plates, I was afraid they may not be available any more. I would like to acquire a set, and thought the price may have changed as well. Could you give me a heads up as to their availability, either here or my e-mail address: [email protected]. Thanks!
Hi Jeff,

Yes I have them in stock ready to ship. The price is still the same as above. Amazing Eh!

Dave

Finally got around to putting mine on last weekend. Awesome! Cleans up the top of the engine nicely and makes for an easier TBS.

Hello All,

Thanks again,

WynPro Machine

115 Quaker Lane

Acushnet, MA 02743

08FJR4ME, (AKA Dave)
Dave, your payment has been sent for a set of the cover plates through PayPal. Thanks for the prompt reply to my earlier message.

Dave - PayPal sent this morning - I'm finally getting around to having some time for mods and maintenance . . . Hope all is well!

Dave - PayPal sent this morning - I'm finally getting around to having some time for mods and maintenance . . . Hope all is well!
Alls good here,

Now you went and put me back to work. Instead of working this weekend I goofed off and did some riding for a change along with a little yard work. Anyway they will ship tomorrow along with a few other peeps that ordered some sets.

Thanks,

Dave

I bought these what seems like years ago. Finally put on the bike as part of my trip prep. Some 2500 miles later and it is so nice not hearing that deceleration pop from the exhaust. Many thanks to (another) quality product from our very own FJR vendor. Thanks Dave.

Dave . . . received mine today and just had the chance to open the box . . . let me say what an awesome job you've done in creating these . . . they're almost too nice & shiny to put on the bike . . . they're like jewelry for the FJR . . . well done! I'm proud to own these . . . and they're made right here at home in the USA! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.