Malibu Canyons

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they have a car show every Saturday morning there at Hawthorne and Artesia so i will be there at 7.45, how about we say KSU at 9am.
Will that work for you Larry?

R
I just walked in the door from a 400 mile trip. So you guys want to meet at Hawthorne and Artesia and do a 9:00AM KSU Saturday.

I don't see why we can't do that.........

Ww's FJR

HBLARRY

will make more sense to run some canyons on the way to Neptunes and some more on the way back....
R
Richard,

This route has got ton of good turns in it already, unless you want to connect Latigo, Decker or Los Flores somehow and exit Mullholland at Leo Carrillo Sate Beach and PCH. Then you can pick up my route past Neptune's Net and come down Tuna Cyn. to the Reel Inn.

You don't want to miss that .

I'll look at it again too.

WW's FJR

HBLARRY

Richard,

I've been looking at this and if you want we can go up Las Flores, to Piuma Rd, Down Malibu Canyon to PCH, Up Latigo Cyn. across Encinal Cyn Rd. and then Down Decker Cyn to PCH again. From there proceed past Netune's Net and Up Deer Creek Rd and across the original route. That takes are of most of the canyons except the tail end of Mulholland and Topanga. Topanga 's something to miss with all the traffic on it.

You're askin' for a real beating with all this.........be forewarned.

WW's FJR

HBLARRY

So Larry is everything on the route you have posted on the first page open?

If so why not start at the east end of the route and work our way west to Neptunes????

R

If so why not start at the east end of the route and work our way west to Neptunes????

R
I understand what you're sayin'..........going up Las Flores is going to be the snag with

delays on the road work. They could be lengthy ?? You don't want to do my route twice

it's kind of a heller. Let me see if there's a way not using Las Flores.

WW's FJR

HBLARRY

it is 68 miles from Starbucks to Neptunes Nest and that is up thru the canyons....

I will post a Garmin route in a few....

R

R
I understand what you're sayin'..........going up Las Flores is going to be the snag with

delays on the road work. They could be lengthy ?? You don't want to do my route twice

WW's FJR

HBLARRY
Richard,

Ok............ How about this? Exciting stuff...........From PCH: Up Malibu Canyon, across Mulholland Hwy., Down Latigo Canyon, up Kanan Dume, across Encinal Cyn. and Down Decker Canyon to PCH on over to Neptune's Net and up

Deer Creek Rd all across the original route back down Tuna Canyon to the Reel Inn.

That's a marathon of canyons....

Check it out on your GPS or Google Maps and let me know what you think. I don't know anyone that's done that

before.

WW'sFJR

HBLARRY

If any of you guys need the route for your GPS"s send me a PM with your e-mails and I will send it to you.

R

Last edited by a moderator:
they have a car show every Saturday morning there at Hawthorne and Artesia so i will be there at 7.45, how about we say KSU at 9am.
Will that work for you Larry?

R
Great! Will mee you there around 8:30sh, 04 FJR

Hi,
I am in town for a few weeks.

I may join in if thats ok.

Armand
Big Dolma,

Glad to hear you want to go. Sure enough. Where you riding in from?

WW's FJR

HBLARRY
I am staying in Montebello "Del Rey"

So Larry is everything on the route you have posted on the first page open?If so why not start at the east end of the route and work our way west to Neptunes????

R
I understand what you're sayin'..........going up Las Flores is going to be the snag with delays on the road work. They could be lengthy ?? You don't want to do my route twice

WW's FJR

HBLARRY
Richard,

Ok............ How about this? Exciting stuff...........From PCH: Up Malibu Canyon, across Mulholland Hwy., Down Latigo Canyon, up Kanan Dume, across Encinal Cyn. and Down Decker Canyon to PCH on over to Neptune's Net and up

Deer Creek Rd all across the original route back down Tuna Canyon to the Reel Inn.

Check it out on your GPS or Google Maps and let me know what you think. I don't know anyone that's done that

before.

WW'sFJR

HBLARRY
IMHO it's better going up the fun canyons (Decker and Latigo). Kanan Dume and Malibu are like the frwy.
I'll go what ever way, just as long as we eat at Malibu Seafood. ;)

So Larry is everything on the route you have posted on the first page open?If so why not start at the east end of the route and work our way west to Neptunes????

R
I understand what you're sayin'..........going up Las Flores is going to be the snag with delays on the road work. They could be lengthy ?? You don't want to do my route twice

WW's FJR

HBLARRY
Richard,

before.

WW'sFJR

HBLARRY
IMHO it's better going up the fun canyons (Decker and Latigo). Kanan Dume and Malibu are like the frwy.
I'll go what ever way, just as long as we eat at Malibu Seafood. ;)
Fairlaner and I worked out what looks like a really nice route. We'll be using Topanga, Malibu, Latigo, Kanan Dume, Decker and Mulholland and some nice sections of PCH heading North before we meet up at Neptune's Net and Deer Canyon. Along the wayback there are several interesting roads in-between before coming down Tuna Canyon. We would be heading up on Decker and Latigo.
This should make it a fun and really challenging ride. Longer for sure. It's a big double back to hit Malibu Seafood........the Reel Inn has never failed us in the past for good eats. I've never taken anyone there that didn't ??

Hey, it's not quite like Cabo where I catch it and they cook it up four different ways for five bucks each with free tequila and we feed ten people.

WW's FJR

HBLARRY

So, on the planned route, after you come through the tunnel at the end of I10 (where it becomes PCH north) how far up the coast are you planning to ride on PCH before heading away from the ocean and up your first canyon? I ask because, if I can make the ride, I would likely wait for you all at the interesection of PCH and that first canyon. Thanks.

So, on the planned route, after you come through the tunnel at the end of I10 (where it becomes PCH north) how far up the coast are you planning to ride on PCH before heading away from the ocean and up your first canyon? I ask because, if I can make the ride, I would likely wait for you all at the interesection of PCH and that first canyon. Thanks.
MCML,

Send me a PM and your E-mail address and I'll send you the latest route Richard and I were hashing out.

Garmin GPS/ Zumo I presume??

Otherwise it appears were going up Topanga Cyn. First at PCH, coming across via Tuna, Saddle Peak.Schueren, Piuma and then heading down Malibu Canyon. Next would be up Latigo and so forth........

Hope that helps.

WW's FJR

HBLARRY

Simon do you want to meet up on the way up to meet Richard?
PM Sent.

Fairlaner and I worked out what looks like a really nice route. We'll be using Topanga, Malibu, Latigo, Kanan Dume, Decker and Mulholland and some nice sections of PCH heading North before we meet up at Neptune's Net and Deer Canyon. Along the wayback there are several interesting roads in-between before coming down Tuna Canyon. We would be heading up on Decker and Latigo.This should make it a fun and really challenging ride. Longer for sure. It's a big double back to hit Malibu Seafood........the Reel Inn has never failed us in the past for good eats. I've never taken anyone there that didn't ??

Hey, it's not quite like Cabo where I catch it and they cook it up four different ways for five bucks each with free tequila and we feed ten people.

WW's FJR

HBLARRY
Cool. I have my manual GPS ready, Google. NOT! I'll follow you guys.
Reel Inn looks similar to Malibu Seafood, they have fish & chips and fish tacos, COOL!! I'll giver 'er a whirl.