Official 2017 SW-FOG meet-up, Aug 3-6, Loveland, CO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooh, this is gonna be awesome! I'm technically a "local", however I haven't explored any local rides and only made it just over Milner Pass with Tango Sierra last year when he was heading to NAFO. Family with toddlers tend to slow down the long bike trips, but this is happening and I can't wait!! :)

Oooh, this is gonna be awesome! I'm technically a "local", however I haven't explored any local rides and only made it just over Milner Pass with Tango Sierra last year when he was heading to NAFO. Family with toddlers tend to slow down the long bike trips, but this is happening and I can't wait!!
smile.png
I know what you mean. I have the itch too. I just got my repaired RD back yesterday and my corbin smuggler (a minor defect) should arrive in about 3 weeks.

I need to get some more seat time in before the ride to Colorado in about 5 weeks.

Oooh, this is gonna be awesome! I'm technically a "local", however I haven't explored any local rides and only made it just over Milner Pass with Tango Sierra last year when he was heading to NAFO. Family with toddlers tend to slow down the long bike trips, but this is happening and I can't wait!!
smile.png
Looking forward to meeting you in August Linc, but if before that you have some time and need a local guide, I'll probably be ready to ride! :)

I just checked, we have a straight shot up to Estes Park from the hotel. Big Thompson Canyon Rd repairs are done.
Yep, been open for a few weeks now. I've ridden and driven it a few times. Lots of work still going on, but so far all off to the side and not requiring closures or any real delay. The road is fine. Its not near finished, and they are saying a couple years of work to do before its actually finished, but it'll work as it is for our purposes. ;)

Hi All
Please count me in for the rally, reservations have been made at the hotel. Looking forward to this
smile.png

Philellis123
Welcome aboard Philellis123. I see you are only a short 120 miles south of Loveland and you must get up to RMNP on occasions.

It is good to have locals pointing the way to the finer things in the area (roads, eats, entertainment, etc.).

Working that weekend, sadness. Hope you all have lots of fun!
Sorry to hear that you are not able to get off that weekend, TellurideFJR.

I will be spending the 1st two nights in Durango on my way to Loveland and plan on doing a loop ride around and past Telluride on Aug 2.

I will wave to you as I pass by.
bike.gif
bye.gif

Alright. I'm a bit more IN now than I was last time!!

I've changed my plans, and I will no longer be riding to Maine on the way to Colorado.

Instead I will be exploring the great state of Colorado more in depth, and visiting with friends.

There's just something about this state that has me mesmerized....

oh, and just checking- is there a registration involved with this shindig? Any organized dinners that we pitch in to cover costs? Any swag bags? (I may be spoiled from the past meets I've attended....) Or is this just a gathering of awesome people?

Thanks y'all! See ya in a few weeks!

Okay, I'm in... skipping my family reunion, rescheduling my vacation for later August, and hanging with you nuts instead. Will be taking Friday off and attending full days Friday and Saturday, possibly coming over for awhile on Thursday night as well. Won't be staying at the hotel since I live in town... but looking forward to great riding and peeps! Do I need to sign up and pay SWFOG some filthy lucre? CFO always wanted money up front before they would admit me. Or maybe that was just me.
wink.png

+2 Linc and Wifey of Linc
MO

No money necessary to show up and hang out. SW-FOG has always been a little different. There is no banquet, no name tags, no SWAG, no group settings. It's on the attendees to show up, eat together somewhere, share drinks, tell lies, and be full of crap. However, this year, it is required that you let me stay at your house for free, and you provide the beer and breakfasts.

See you on a couple months. Don't forget to fluff my pillow!
HotRodZilla (AJ) sums it up above. But I already have you as attending. Welcome aboard again and let's tear up the roads and enjoy all the beauty Colorado has to offer.

Fuckin' Toas!! It's been 7 years since I did business with those clowns. Lol.
AJ, what is eating at you besides the TOAS spelling?

We know you were having a great time and so was our Miss Dolly. She was all over that hot sausage sandwich you and scoot were serving up. She even came back for seconds.

Where is our Miss Dolly? The last I heard, she was on her way to another rally.
help.gif
Calling Miss Dolly.