Official SW-FOG 2015 Announcement: 5/28-31, THU-SUN!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All that Goat Cheese Lickin, Billy-Goat rib eatin, Rattlesnake chuckin, Dick ta Butt Ridin bastards is only causing Bust to stand in a corner beatin his Billy-Goat and pounding cheese!

Damn... say that ten time fast.

Oh... I finally got a room in the correct city in Utah, no more trying ditch me at the fuel pump holding my nozzle! Better pump up yer tires & test yer radar detectors, I'm bringing Chris wit me!

As Rally Master I have received a number of inquiries regarding walking the Antelope Slot Canyon, here is a standard and typical information request.

It's a memorable experience, if you enjoy Nature and Vivid Scenery it's well worth the Tour. If you are more interested in Goats, then go with Gregory!

"HiI was wondering if you know of Slot Canyon Caves in Arizona. I heard that you take a bus in Page, AZ and they drive you to where the canyons are. I can't remember who told me that. Do you or anyone you know info like:

How is it parking the bikes where the bus leaves......is it safe? Should we be concerned and lock the bikes together. I will strip off any of my electronics (ie: gps, radar, etc.) of course. I just want to make sure that the bikes will still be there when we return after our hike.

Also, is this a whole day event? What time would you show up at the bus? How long of a bus ride is it? How long does one hike around? Sorry for all the questions. Any insite/experience would be greatly appreciated. Please pass this on to someone who may know the answers to these questions.

Many Thanks…."

https://www.antelopeslotcanyon.com All of the info you need is right here, Page is a small town and I believe your bikes are safe. Smart to secure the bikes as best you can and it is never a bad idea to lock your bikes together. The office is in downtown Page, during daylight business hours! You must utilize a Native American Guide, no self guided tours are available! AZ Beemers have used Chief Ray Tsosie before, not an inexpensive excursion but it is totally unique! JSNS!

58.00/per person (13yrs. and older) 48.00/child (7-12yrs.)*Tax and Permit included in the price. Other Tour times (Mon-Sun) - 8:30am, 3:00pm & 5:00pm Length: 1 ½ hour Price: 48.00/per person (13yrs. and older)

40.00/per child (7-12yrs)

Chief Tsosie's guides know all the hot spots and they will guide you through an amazing natural wonder of Antelope Canyon. They will provide you with the secret knowledge of photographing the beams and dance with the sand. We will have little chance to be alone in the canyon on this tour, nor will we be able to hear the quiet that some of the other tour-times provide, but this tour is a photographic extravaganza.We believe we have the best time starting at 10:30am for photographing the canyon. We get the early development of the light beams and stay until the beams start to lift off the canyon floor. This tour is lead with precision and experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Hi Don

Would you please add me to the list for the Ceder City Utah ride in May. Reservations made!
Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Gordie Thomas"

ADDED!

SW-FOG 2015 / Cedar City, UT Attendance Roster on 2/13/15. If attending and not on this list contact Don Stanley at
mailto:[email protected][email protected]
mailto:[email protected]or 480-440-4666
"Maybes" List:

Bustanut joker

101stpathfinder - Tony

Panman

Gordie Thomas

phroenips and Shaun

James

Longrider - Bruce W

Morecowbell

bikerskier

John Y. and Isa

MCRIDER007

Intech and Spanky

gregory

bigjohnsd and Festar

0Face-Marty

Iris

Jim aka ZOOOMM AGAIN

griff

Abercrombie FJR

pegscraper and MsNASCAR

101stpathfinder and Mrs. Tony

HelzBelz

Zbear

Fly Bye

KiloWatts

blufjr - Ken

Back Road Bob

Cooleyman - Dave

BeemerDonS

Miss Donna

Seth S.

Smokeball

Bob Flanders

AZgman

Mudslide Miller

Dashbaw

Big D.

Chris M.

stealth1

HotRodZilla

GalaxyBlue

zzzzip - Skip

Bokerfork

Old Michael

Yatzee426

erixun

TheZsdad

petey

Geezer

BwanaDik and Bambi

LCB

weluvbikn - Phil and Charlene

R Price

Spud

Thingfish - Paul

Tucson Joe and Cec

Tyler

twisted cricket

NMRoadRunner

I checked with Adam about shipping rates and times from Owosso to Phoenix. If we put Bust in a Monkey Crate the financial savings will be substance all and he would arrive in only four days.

I checked with Adam about shipping rates and times from Owosso to Phoenix. If we put Bust in a Monkey Crate the financial savings will be substance all and he would arrive in only four days.

Are his batteries good for that long without a recharge?
coolsmiley02.gif

I'm booked at El Rey and looking forward to seeing all of you.

If anyone is passing through Denver and would like to hook up for the ride let me know, leaving Denver area early Thursday.

Don please add me to the list.

Taking the attendance list over while Don convalesces with his Burro, Lupita!

Also taking advantage to plug the Tee shirt thread https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/161575-sw-fog-2015-tee-shirt-order/

"Maybes" List:
Bustanut joker
101stpathfinder - Tony
Panman

In list:

Mohawk

SIlver Streak-El Ray

Gordie Thomas

phroenips and Shaun
James
Longrider - Bruce W
Morecowbell
bikerskier
John Y. and Isa
MCRIDER007
Intech and Spanky
gregory
bigjohnsd and Festar
0Face-Marty
Iris
Jim aka ZOOOMM AGAIN
griff
Abercrombie FJR
pegscraper and MsNASCAR
HelzBelz
Zbear
Fly Bye
KiloWatts
blufjr - Ken
Back Road Bob
Cooleyman - Dave
BeemerDonS
Miss Donna
Seth S.
Smokeball
Bob Flanders
AZgman
Mudslide Miller
Dashbaw
Big D.
Chris M.
stealth1
HotRodZilla
GalaxyBlue
zzzzip - Skip
Bokerfork
Old Michael
Yatzee426
erixun
TheZsdad
petey
Geezer
BwanaDik and Bambi
LCB
R Price
Spud
Thingfish - Paul
Tucson Joe and Cec
Tyler
twisted cricket
NMRoadRunner

Done!

"Maybes" List:
Bustanut joker
101stpathfinder - Tony
Panman

In list:

Mr & the lovely Mrs. Bug
Mohawk
SIlver Streak-El Ray
Gordie Thomas
phroenips and Shaun
James
Longrider - Bruce W
Morecowbell
bikerskier
John Y. and Isa
MCRIDER007
Intech and Spanky
gregory
bigjohnsd and Festar
0Face-Marty
Iris
Jim aka ZOOOMM AGAIN
griff
Abercrombie FJR
pegscraper and MsNASCAR
HelzBelz
Zbear
Fly Bye
KiloWatts
blufjr - Ken
Back Road Bob
Cooleyman - Dave
BeemerDonS
Miss Donna
Seth S.
Smokeball
Bob Flanders
AZgman
Mudslide Miller
Dashbaw
Big D.
Chris M.
stealth1
HotRodZilla
GalaxyBlue
zzzzip - Skip
Bokerfork
Old Michael
Yatzee426
erixun
TheZsdad
petey
Geezer
BwanaDik and Bambi
LCB
R Price
Spud
Thingfish - Paul
Tucson Joe and Cec
Tyler
twisted cricket
NMRoadRunner

Just a quick comment on the t-shirt picture.

It was inspired by actual events.

Iron County, UT is sheep country. Spring is when the sheep are moved to their summer pastures in the higher elevations. Some are moved in trucks but some go the old fashioned way, on the hoof.

More than once I have come upon herds being driven down or across state highways. Not a big thing but something you need to be aware of considering the timing of our event. Odds are you will not encounter this problem but it is a possibility. I have never encountered herds on state highway 14 but I have on 143 and 148.

They are definitely less scary than the herd of cattle I rode through with a couple of other FJR's in Montana.

67ab543a-20c7-40b1-bfe2-295532305284.jpg